Exoplanets May Have Too Much Water for Life

The TRAPPIST-1 system seems at first to be a good place to look for extraterrestrial life. It has seven rocky planets roughly the same size as Earth, and some of them are in the “habitable zone” of the star where liquid water could exist on the surface. Now, researchers from School of Earth and Space Exploration at Arizona State University say there might actually be too much water for the TRAPPIST-1 planets to harbor life.

Astronomers first announced the discovery of three exoplanets around TRAPPIST-1 in 2016. Then, a year later we learned of four more exoplanets in the system. TRAPPIST-1 is only 39 light years away, making it an excellent way to study the behavior and conditions on exoplanets. While all the planets are similar in size to Earth (no gas giants have been detected), only three of the planets (TRAPPIST-1e, f, and g) are orbiting at a distance that would allow them to have liquid water. Having liquid water is a requirement for life as we know it, but it turns out you might want some land, too.

All the TRAPPIST-1 planets were discovered with the transit method. A telescope watches a star for small dips in brightness. These dips can give away an exoplanet passing in front of the star from our perspective. That can tell us how large an exoplanet is. By watching the way transit signals vary over time, astronomers can also estimate an exoplanet’s mass. Put those together, and you’ve got an approximate density.

extremetech.com/extreme/265935-trappist-1-exoplanets-may-much-water-life

Attached: trappist.jpg (672x371, 99.62K)

Attached: trannies are gay.jpg (750x563, 83.79K)

When did IGN branch out into astronomy?

Attached: 619.png (1004x495, 110.64K)

take that primitivists

no planets have even been found outside our solar system
the disinfo must end

Attached: Best_Girl.jpg (500x571, 34.65K)

Does this mean I can get some ayy lmao fish pussy if I become an astronaut?

Begone faggot

Attached: hellfire.gif (268x151, 1.93M)

spherecuck detected

Attached: 1512118710291.png (1200x1200, 484.48K)

scientists are such brainlets. we need to focus on colonizing the moon/mars.

Once the James Webb telescope launches, it'll have the focusing power to read spectrometer information on planets since it uses xrays and shit instead of light to collect data.

When did Jimbo branch out into 'journalism'?

Attached: Capture.JPG (1021x595, 104.5K)

colonize and mine moon, mars, titan
impossible goals can be achieved after we take real steps forward

I'm out of the loop. Can the James Webb telescope detect planets directly, or only eclipses of planets over stars like the Kepler telescope?

idk about colonizing mars, but maybe strip mining for water. hopefully we have more advance engines so fuel isnt a problem. Saturn is our future though.

I don't understand this. Do they mean intelligent life? Do they mean humanoid life? Because it seems to me that there could potentially be a shit-load of marine life, even if it's non-sentient plankton-like creatures.

Attached: rage plankton.jpg (295x300, 23.2K)

In the future the space colonist can convert the water into drinkable water and dump it on the promising planet with no water.

t. kike

I hope a meteor or some sort of new pandemic disease kills off this worthless species. It'd be even better if it somehow other species were left unscathed.

Speak for yourself.

Attached: ow_the_edge.jpg (400x366, 62.99K)

He did. Furries are another race altogether.

I did, I said "I hope".

If the Earth truly were a spinning ball orbiting the Sun, there are several tests and experiments which could be, and have been, conducted to prove or disprove the veracity of such a claim. For example, Danish Astronomer Tycho Brahe famously argued against the heliocentric theory in his time, positing that if the Earth revolved in an orbit round the Sun, the change in relative position of the stars after 6 months of orbital motion could not fail to be seen. He argued that the stars should seem to separate as we approach and come together as we recede. In actual fact, however, after almost two hundred million miles of supposed orbit around the Sun, not a single inch of parallax can be detected in the stars!

Attached: 12805812_1563831277265596_2901413702458475686_n.jpg (200x200, 25.46K)

Hollow Earth you Flat kike

Stop pretending to be retarded.

First things first.
Nuke Israel, America, Africa, China, india, brasil, the middle east.
World peace, infinite resources.
Then strip mine the asteroid belt, and discover 100 years later that it was the only thing preventing a full scale alien invasion, that the Mayans built it and expended all their civilisations just to keep mother earth safe.

to troll us

Delusional (especially if you're Russian, lmao).

Americans are the last of the true white race since europe is constantly getting raped by mud monsters and kikes

Although a galaxy filled with civilized people would be ideal, I would gladly take a galaxy filled with niggers, chinks and kikes over one filled with only rocks and ice, because I value life over non-life.
There are no native Martians to oppress, no Martian ecosystem to damage. It's impossible to make Mars less of a home to life than it is now. Opposing human space colonization is cuck logic.

Attached: 6f56b319-8e7d-4810-8b02-e7263880de3e.png (1240x6229, 1.42M)

I've learned some bizarre shit through Zig Forums, most of which has been proved to my satisfaction. One thing I've never been able to understand is Flat Earth, because I'm not sure how it benefits anyone to "pretend" we live on a globe. What's the scam and who benefits… other than the (((usual suspects)))?

It's my personal viewpoint that given the history of the activities of the Jesuits in Europe under Roman Law they spent their time since the first colonies of the USA to begin their plan in law to bring Roman Law to the United States that was founded on English - American Equity Jurisprudence/Trust law (e.g., the Declaration of Independence is a Chancery document), and it's the Jesuits from Georgetown University who successfully overthrew the common law liberties of the American people on March 9, 1933 under the "Emergency Banking Relief Act" where they control the USA under Roman Law from the Article I executive branch without any consent from congress……why do you care and why is this in this forum?

Because it's my profound understanding of Roman Law versus English American jurisprudence that convinces me the level of deceit, power, control and outright hegemony over the world under Roman Law of commerce and war - this control is EXACTLY why i know the Jesuits are behind the promotion of anything they can bring us further from our birthright, further from truth about our unalienable rights, further away from knowledge of law without their Roman statutes and codes (which is was chancery practice is totally without statutes and codes from Rome).

It's my viewpoint that the jesuits were founded by Copernicus for one singular purpose - TO PROMOTE THE BALL EARTH THEORY TO THE DETRIMENT OF MANKIND AND TO PUT THEM IN DE FACTO CONTROL - from day one. The single most powerful men that have walked the earth have been war mongers trained and protected by the black Jesuit general and his hierarchy.

Finally, along with the deceit of Ball Earth Theory the Jesuits, I submit, scheme to also distract the "physics of flat earth and its gifts that the ancients learned long ago" that permit earth dwellers to achieve amazing things - ie., free energy (i also happen to have a 25 year career in building power plants all over the world).

Attached: Del Abominacion Nuevo.png (818x616, 432.37K)

NOBODY ANYWHERE IS WHITE