C*atholics

Do Catholics really believe that saying ten hail marys absolve there sins?

Attached: 1518751177096.jpg (618x412, 33.63K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/B0hMt5HE6Ls
youtu.be/uYPNYW3c5UY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Attached: 665f2cdcaabda40aa9fa70338614ca8d5da08a835af0dca3507c10ce01f35a41.png (256x256, 63.31K)

Fail.

If you really want to learn about how love overcomes the religion of pharisees, give Marian Christianity a chance.

In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

Attached: 8a2031315bef112446ebe60165601dc46ccdfb15c39642034faf92c4b33d91d2.png (1164x831, 84.8K)

No, you also need to sprinkle poofoo dust all over the room

what a blasphemous statement.

Mary is the Mother of Jesus. Jesus is God. Therefore Mary is the Mother of God.

Hello, Nestorius.

Mary is not the mother of our God in heaven.

Attached: 1520351561964.png (362x492, 96.95K)

Then that means David is the father if God
Matthew 22
42 Saying, What think ye of Christ? whose son is he? They say unto him, The son of David.
43 He saith unto them, How then doth David in spirit call him Lord, saying,
44 The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool?
45 If David then call him Lord, how is he his son?
46 And no man was able to answer him a word, neither durst any man from that day forth ask him any more questions.

Not I, but then again I don't pray vocally too often. I believe prayers are wants and because God has given all that you need by His act of being fully (He can not be convinced, everything He will do He has already done, petitioning Him and believing your sins are forgiven is useless and vain to me, making a crutch of prayer and not doing). I believe you should act on the grace of your desire (it being in God's will) and cease the sin you're praying for forgiveness for. It's one thing to have sorrow for your sins and beg for forgiveness, and another to reform your will and actions in accordance with being forgiven. The second is greater to me.

Though others do I guess.

Hello Arius

Wrong.
Mary literally gave birth to him, making her his physical mother.

And David literally begetted Christ also

And so did Eve(if you even believe she existed)

Only the wh*te ones

So what you're actually trying to say is that the Sacrament of confession and atonement is meaningless. That is heresy.

No, actually didn't say that at all. I just don't believe in using it as a crutch to continue sinning. Going through it is in obedience, which is part of your act of using the grace (already given since God is) in answer to the prayer of not sinning. The sins have been forgiven, I see it more as obeying (to not do so and receive/use the grace in the way prescribed would be a sin in and of itself). Yes the forgiveness and all, but you were already forgiven (time doesn't exist to God), but we confess in faith anyway.

Attached: (Baptist).png (16x11, 494)

Does living in heaven somehow change the status of Mary as the Theotokos? You do know that you are still you but glorified there (and it's not the final destination)?

Yes that's what you said.
You might want to rephrase that if it is not what you meant. Your sins have not been forgiven just like that. God forgives when you ask. What His "terms of time" are and what yours are does not play any role. You are here, you live "forward" and not like God "exist at any time and anywhere in the universe". Confession and atonement is a Sacrament for a reason and you are committing a grave heresy by saying that all sins have been forgiven already anyway.
You sound more like someone that does nothing but watch pseudo-intellectual videos and reads pseudo-intellectual articles all day and tries to make sense of the most plain Church teaching by himself rather than simply obeying the Church and therefore Christ.
Not without reason did He say "ask and you will be given" for if you refuse to ask because of a warped perception of what forgiveness means, then you might not be forgiven.

youtu.be/B0hMt5HE6Ls
goyim i…

(18)  Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Ghost.

(13)  And when they were departed, behold, the angel of the Lord appeareth to Joseph in a dream, saying, Arise, and take the young child and his mother, and flee into Egypt, and be thou there until I bring thee word: for Herod will seek the young child to destroy him.

(41)  And it came to pass, that, when Elisabeth heard the salutation of Mary, the babe leaped in her womb; and Elisabeth was filled with the Holy Ghost:
(42)  And she spake out with a loud voice, and said, Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb.
(43)  And whence is this to me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me?

As a Baptist myself I cannot deny that Theotokos is a fitting title for Mary.

Yes she is the mother if his flesh. Jesus exited ifinently longer than Mary so no she in't the mother of God

FULLY GOD AND FULLY MAN, HERETIC GET OUT.

And yet, we have the Incarnation.
That means(unless you are a nestorian) that the 2 natures existed in perfect union.

Weve had this controversy a looong time ago.
We reflected a lot on it by debating all these Christological heresies.
Denying all this has very serious and heretical theological implications.

Which still makes her His mother since there is only one, undivided Christ. The Jews only killed His flesh, and yet we still say they murdered the Divine Son.

And yet Elisabeth by immediate inspiration called Mary "η μητηρ του κυριου" which is related to the Old Testament use of "The Lord" as a title for God.
It doesn't matter that Mary is a mere creature, or that she did not bring the Son into existence, she still carried God in her womb.

The Mary worship makes Christianity only look like Egyptian mythology. Yes, Jesus had a mother. No, she is not His divine mother. The Word of God always existed, and she was only the vessel to make the Word into flesh. Don't exaggerate her role. She received one, or if not the highest of honors among women in the Bible, period. Nothing more, nothing less. She has no divine status, she does not deserve worship, or veneration as you would put it. Men are not supposed to bow down to women, I cannot comprehend how any of you are so willing to emasculate yourselves.

Right, but I never said she is divine, or that we ought to worship her. But the title of Theotokos is perfectly consistent with, if not implied by, the Biblical witness.

Prayer to Mary is idolatry.

The title implies that she is the mother God, which is inherently wrong. Physically, yes. Generally, no. The title was found 322 AD and not even during the time of the NT.

Again, that would then mean David is the father of God because Jesus also descends from David. And Jesus completely BTFO out of that
Matthew 22
42 Saying, What think ye of Christ? whose son is he? They say unto him, The son of David.
43 He saith unto them, How then doth David in spirit call him Lord, saying,
44 The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool?
45 If David then call him Lord, how is he his son?
46 And no man was able to answer him a word, neither durst any man from that day forth ask him any more questions.

Attached: CC60E94B-A9DC-4549-9303-056D7B9A3336.gif (500x500, 220.37K)

Blasphemy.

There you have it, Mary is your God. I hope you come to your senses and repent.

Attached: christ-chan_with_a_gun.png (1000x1000, 350.48K)

If Mary is not the Mother of God, then how can Jesus be God?

faults*
They never once did that in scripture and either way if they could anyone that believes on Jesus has the remission of sins
Acts 10:43 To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins.
Yes

Also that was James that said that not Jesus

OK, I guess you'll say Jesus never breathed the Holy Spirit on the Apostles either

Prayer isn't just asking for things, user.
Although it wouldn't hurt to ask that the souls in purgatory be released.

Are you mentally challenged or are you just playing dumb for not knowing the eternal Word of God and His manifestation in the flesh through a fleshly vessel?

Are you denying Mary is the Mother of God?
Then how can Jesus be God?

Are you a broken record by any chance?

Attached: Your next line is.jpg (1440x810, 220.23K)

You don't even know what you're saying.

If Mary is not the Mother of God, then how can Jesus be God? It'd also break the prophecies concerning the Messiah in the OT.

This question Jesus asked was intended to demonstrate the ignorance of the pharisees, and the answer to it is found in the mystery of the incarnation.
David is the X*Grandfather of God the Son (2 Samuel 7:12-13).

I didn't say that and nice no argument

You are not giving me ANY REAL REFUTATION.

If Mary is not the Mother of God, she is also NOT THE MOTHER OF THE MESSIAH.

You are not only denying Christ, you are denying He is the promised Messiah.

How can Mary be the mother of God if God always was, is and will be? You Catholics need to repent of your heresies and mental gymnastics. Your false teachings make - I repeat - Christianity look like Egyptian mythology.

But you did have no argument to this

Apostolic Succession is a different topic than the theological grounding behind Mary, as the Mother of God.

You just have no idea what you're saying. If Mary is not the Mother of God, then Jesus is not God, pure and simple.

You non-trinitarians are about as bad as the Jews…in fact, you're not a muslim masquerading as a protestant, are you?

Pearls before swine

So Mohammad is right about the Trinity?

It's like arguing with a Pentecostal, you are a lost cause.

Attached: what the fuck are you on about.jpg (450x351, 29.21K)

Which is also msn's traditions and you don't even follow the apostles
Faith alone.
Acts 16
30 And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved?
31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

No baby sprinkling.
Acts 8
36 And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized?
37 And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.
38 And he commanded the chariot to stand still: and they went down both into the water, both Philip and the eunuch; and he baptized him.
39 And when they were come up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord caught away Philip, that the eunuch saw him no more: and he went on his way rejoicing.

No worshipping man.
Acts 10
25 And as Peter was coming in, Cornelius met him, and fell down at his feet, and worshipped him.
26 But Peter took him up, saying, Stand up; I myself also am a man.

Jesus went to hell for 3 days.
Acts 2
31 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.

False accusations and image macros are not an argument dude.

no

we don't worship man

that doesn't mean what you think it means, otherwise how can a husband sanctify wife, or vice versa? how can entire households be converted?

faith without works is dead

Yes, it says he was in hell in that verse and there's a lot more to prove it
Matthew 12:40 For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.

How the hell don't you? It counted when the Roman dude did to Peter

Wut?

youtu.be/uYPNYW3c5UY

Attached: 618D5F91-81EA-48B8-B6D0-AE930F839E20.jpeg (708x720, 123.98K)

Hi bauptist friend, we missed you.

Define "heart of the earth". Sounds to me like "buried", not "Hell".

The heart is the middle you dingus. Like the heart of an artichoke

Not necessary to insult me.

My heart is not in the middle of my body.
An artichoke's heart is not in the middle.
The earth's core is solid iron.

Attached: Artichokes-2-1000x640.png (1000x640, 949.21K)

It pretty much is right in the middle not just barely in there like where Jesus' body was buried and it says "that his soul was not left in hell" so then it was in hell.
Also when Jonah is praying he says how he's beneath mountains forever so it's prophetic of Jesus
3 For thou hadst cast me into the deep, in the midst of the seas; and the floods compassed me about: all thy billows and thy waves passed over me.

4 Then I said, I am cast out of thy sight; yet I will look again toward thy holy temple.

5 The waters compassed me about, even to the soul: the depth closed me round about, the weeds were wrapped about my head.

6 I went down to the bottoms of the mountains; the earth with her bars was about me for ever: yet hast thou brought up my life from corruption, O Lord my God.
We haven't even made it through the crust so bo they don't know that

Because she gave birth to Jesus. It's that simple. That doesn't mean she "created" God. We all know that he is eternal. She did give birth to Jesus, because he is God but also Man and humans are born from a mother.

Attached: Jesus and Mary.png (514x500, 28.37K)

This. You guys seem to think that mother=creator and given that Psalm 139:13 is pretty clear on that subject I'm not sure why. Did your mother create you or did God create you, in the flesh, through your mother?
Mary did not eternally beget Jesus, only the Father did and nobody has ever claimed otherwise. The Unmoved Mover is the most widely known quality of God and we do not desecrate that fact by claiming a creature precedes the creator. Yet she is undoubtedly the vessel of the incarnation and her flesh was God's flesh, a depth of intimacy with God and his passion that no one on earth can ever claim, not even great x28-grandfather David. Any attempt to separate Christ the Man from Christ God is Nestorian heresy and one that I imagine wounds our Lord's heart quite a bit, yet this controversy is easily cleared up if one just recognizes what a mother is.
I think we can all agree that the real issue at stake is not motherhood but hyperdulia, and from a sola scriptura perspective that's understandable. From the perspective of the 9 recognized Marian apparitions throughout history, where she appeared professing her son's name and performing miracles of unprecedented power, it really isn't.

Also

Attached: 1.JPG (1027x3253, 1.86M)

tfw heresies resolved over 1,000 years ago are still peddled around

Attached: f754ec378a81757f7e37fb8289357bdd780b5d820c19b433e5ced5c63987fe3f.jpg (500x465, 62.67K)

Nah. I'm 6'3. If I measure from the top of my head to the bottom of my feet, my waist is in the middle. My heart is nowhere near my waist. I think maybe you're a little off in your studies of biology and/or physiology.

My dinner plate was not left on the counter. Doesn't mean my plate was ever actually there. It means I didn't leave it there.

We knew about atoms long before we ever saw one. We don't see the wind, but we know it's there because of its affect on things around us. It is quite easy to detect the unseen and know what it's made of. Science is impressive that way.

Y'know back in my day trolling was still a art.

Mothers precede their children. Nothing precedes God. Therefore Mary is not the mother of God.

Then you reject either A: Mary is the mother of Jesus or B: Jesus is God

Mary is the mother of Jesus man, the divine part was the holy ghost.

Are Italians white?

this is what happens when autistic people try to read bible