Emotion infidelity a sin?

Me and my friend were discussing about emotional infidelity. She's knee deep in a relationship with a married man and I was trying to convince her that's it's wrong. The issue is that it's purely an emotional one (as opposed to a physical one), although they both have feelings for each other. She's a Christian but clings on to excuses that it isnt wrong. And I'm starting to become convinced as well. Please help explain what emotional infidelity is. Is it a real phenomenon? Can married men really never be friends with women? Is it really a sin? Why is it?

Attached: laughing chrisitian grills.jpeg (1380x886, 90.82K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iGcvf56Feg4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

They secretly burn in their hearts for one another. They have already cheated in their hearts and minds.

[-]

Brotherly/sisterly love is a-OK. Something stronger than that will cause problems.

In her case it's certainly sinful, althought to a lesser degree than an actual physical infidelity, that will eventually happen if they keep going because the flesh is weak.

It's like impure thoughts vs impure acts.
I may have sexual thoughts without acting on them, but I will eventually follow them if I indulge in those thoughts without rejecting them.
However it is important to remember that feeling an attraction or an urge of the flesh, or in this case an emotional attraction, is not sinful in itself but merely a suggestion of sin, a temptation basically. If the sinful thought is immediately recognized and rejected there is no sin.

Yes

Attached: 6573ab3dafa9c55d8ded25d875ecd302b56c88a0597336c51b840a128a6bb9ad.gif (989x679, 42.17K)

Ask her how she would feel if she had a husband who had this kind of 'purely emotional' relationship with a younger girl.
I also recommend she read "The Four Loves" by C S Lewis, and the Sermon on the mount in Matthew 5-7.

Delet

This. All three of them are adult stars.

fpbp

This. Your friend sounds like a thot, OP.

Women perform emotional infidelity and men perform physical infidelity. Women are good at being double-faced when it comes to anything, especially regarding relationships.

You can be friends, even soulmate-style friends (think David and Saul's Son, Frodo and Sam, stuff like that), no more.

This is how you avoid scandal.

The middle one is checking out the right one.
Bait thread?

Contradicts the practice of the Lord.

The Lord didn't marry.

All things the Lord did, the believer can do. We are not greater or lesser than our master.

These. Not sure if they cheated per se though, as a crush you cannot prevent from happening, BUT you can prevent from nurturing. Here's a good video by Fr. Mike. It's wise whether or not you're exactly Catholic. youtube.com/watch?v=iGcvf56Feg4

Nonsequitur.

To clarify a little more, you either choose to feed the crush and make it worse, eventually leading to emotional cheating in your heart which will give way to physical cheating in your flesh, or starve the crush and let it die. They need to do the latter and cease talking to each other at once.

Stop associating with roasties

Explain yourself

Jesus was fully God and fully man, and His actions are the model for the Christian life (in addition and above the Saints), if He can talk to someone alone without temptation, then we can talk to someone alone without temptation. Your married/unmarried state does not change this. That is what I meant.

This man has a good point, because Christ Himself said we can do these and many greater things.

You keep using that word, I don't think you understand its weight.

Attached: da10e0553a3116931b9b661b395a4c010329765d22a80f766dca94cd2afa1858.jpg (522x516, 173.04K)

yep. abort now, it's never good to be too close to a married woman if you can feel a sexual or romantic tension underneath everything.

She's a thot. Destroy all thots. Call the thot patrol IMMEDIATELY, user

I prefer sewertemples.

Attached: 757289-Tertullian-Quote-Woman-is-a-temple-built-over-a-sewer.jpg (400x225, 14.49K)

"Give not the power of thy soul to a woman, lest she enter upon thy strength, and thou be confounded." (Sirach 4:2)

"Many by admiring the beauty of another man's wife, have become reprobate, for her conversation burneth as fire. Sit not at all with another man's wife, nor repose upon the bed with her: And strive not with her over wine, lest thy heart decline towards her, and by thy blood thou fall into destruction." (Sirach 9:11-13)

"You have heard that it was said to them of old: Thou shalt not commit adultery. But I say to you, that whosoever shall look on a woman to lust after her, hath already committed adultery with her in his heart." (Matthew 5:27-8)

/thread

Lol quit being a little bitch

There is a part in this video where Fr. Mike discusses scandal and it's very relevant to this issue. Don't be deceived by her.

Thanks for sharing this, needed it.

For you, user.

Attached: The Weight.png (218x345, 99.06K)

OP here, there's a lot of replies calling her out for being a thot, I think some context is needed here. She's an 18 yr old grill in a relationship with a 40+ yr old married man. This is her first relationship. She's definitely not a thot since she hasnt ever intereacted with men before. I understand she's jumping through a lot of cognitive hoops to justify what she's doing. One example is that, she's going to die in 5 years and she says she wants to enjoy what little time she has. Plus her parents are abusive. I refuted all of these yet she's still trying to justify it. I think I can empathize with her, and that's also clouding my judgement.

It's obvious to me that an emotional relationship, where you've outrighted admitted you had feelings for each other, is wrong. I need the logical basis for this though. The guy has a kid, and he's a hindu, but my friend reasons that since she'll die soon, the child and mother will never know. That it wont affect anyone else. Plus it's just a natural marriage, not a sacramental or christian one.

Thanks for the offer, Asmodai. I see that always you and your minions are hard at work.

ABSOLUTELY ANATHEMA

Attached: Destroy.gif (320x240, 1.79M)

That context makes it a thousand times worse. You cannot beat around the bush anymore, you must tell her to cut off all contact with him. You must tell her to do this immediately. If she does not do this, then you should cut off contact from her. You must do this immediately upon learning she will not end her horrendous relationship with that man.

Hahaha, oh wow.

Tell her to cut off all contact with him and consider cutting off all contact with her. She sounds schitzo and emotionally manipulative.

Sad to hear that, what's wrong tho.

Attached: rei.jpg (617x464, 30.02K)

So she'd basically be okay with spending an eternity in absense of God for five years of of secretive copulation? Sounds like a bad deal to me. Her views are teenage-naive, but then again, she's really young. This can't be an excuse for such behaviour though.

Naive and empty words. This is not how the world is. She's okay with harming a family, hindu or not. She should reflect on that.

Not to go full Islam, but is it wise to nurture men-women friendships. From my experience, men who befriend women are either raging homosexuals or beta orbiters trying to enter a romantic relationship just by being "nice". Likewise, women who befriend men seem so attention hungry all the time.

What do you think, brothers?

fix'd

Where is the cut off between just a normal strong platonic friendship and emotional cheating?

If you get a boner thinking of the girl is that the problem?

Attached: 1509971917842.jpg (700x744, 421K)

That makes you the problem, and you should consider your thoughts and your heart. Nothing happens that hasn't been thought of first (subconsciously or consciously).

Would she be comfortable with the man's wife being with them when they're out being friends? If the answer is yes, then it's probably ok. Given that she's making excuses rather than just brushing it off, I'm going to guess the answer is no.

In fact, I recommend that any married man try to make sure never to go out with a woman alone just for the sake of appearances, even if there's zero chance of anything untoward happening.

Even secularists will tell you that there's no such thing as a platonic relationship between a man and a woman.

Probably got AIDS from another completely legit relationship that nobody was going to know about etc

Best post ITT

Attached: 833798da92e69617e9c4484bdd4923846cb2a55218f63838fd41813d20e3c98b.jpg (528x567, 136.33K)

Sometimes boners just happen though, but you're right, one shouldn't dwell on it or do things that encourage or lead to one.

Hi Charls