Persuasion thread

I really want to get an AR scr pistol in 410/45lc as a range toy/snake Slayer.

Attached: FightLite_Raider_M-Lok_-Left_b0a61fee-db25-4c5b-b0d1-6e335a176bd2_1024x1024.jpg (1024x1024, 45.11K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/Sabot-Slug-12-gauge-bullet-mold-mould-Svarog-Match-4-in-1-Full-complete-set/272919407497?hash=item3f8b43ab89:g:vMYAAOSwUchaAcui
buckstix.com/howitzer.htm
m.youtube.com/watch?v=Pu8hUhsCTRU
m.youtube.com/watch?v=YlDO11MYxFU
czechpoint-usa.com/vz-61-pistol--765mm-br--?l=1
czechpoint-usa.com/vz-61-pistol--380-auto-?l=1
americanrifleman.org/articles/2013/3/4/223-remington-vs-556-whats-in-a-name/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

.45 Long Colt is pretty short and would, after the first shot or so, flop out of the magazine and into the upper to seize up the action.

Attached: vepr-12.jpg (958x639, 83.94K)

Well I'm more interested in the.410

I own one of those and while it is amazing, I would possibly look into siaga instead if I were you, because the long barrel gets a little cumbersome, and it has trouble cycling lighter loads.

In this shithole the only way you're gonna get a rifle is through years of active competition in gun clubs, and I simply have no time for all that. Therefore a semi-auto shotgun with a longer barrel is the closest thing to a rifle I can legally own. I need it fam.
heavy load slugs and buckshot is the only thing I'm planning to kill commies protect my family with. And where I live I don't have to worry about a slug going through an albanian, through a wall, through another wall and killing the neighbors' child either

Then it is everything you will ever dream of buddy. Godspeed

Can you get a shotgun with a rifled choke/barrel? .410 has not really got any cause to exist, since everything it can do a 20 gauge can do much better and for not much more weight.

Nope, because then according to the government, it would turn my shotgun into a long-range marksman military rifle that kills innocent children from a mile away

Wait you can't buy rifled chokes?
Fuck me solid. Even we can do that!

12 gauge autoloader/pump and diabolo slugs it is for you IMO.

Why do we trust firearms legislation to retards? Assuming it's because of the nebulous threat of mass shootings, what are they hoping to achieve? Being able to fire ten shells downrange in half as many seconds is hardly going to make a dipshit think twice.

Can't find much information on these. Are they good?

ebay.com/itm/Sabot-Slug-12-gauge-bullet-mold-mould-Svarog-Match-4-in-1-Full-complete-set/272919407497?hash=item3f8b43ab89:g:vMYAAOSwUchaAcui

Real fucking good. Taofledermaus did a few videos on them, stupid accurate. I own the 28 gram (435gr/1oz) mold.Pretty much everything this ruski makes is gold, makes an exploding slug and a copy of the guilandi slug.

Pretty bad idea, unless you really don't like your family

They just throw absolute retards in positions so they attack anything that gets in their view, resulting in randomness and stupidity. Their intent is to cause a legal mess they can translate into more leverage because tehy are the ones who decide how a law is read.

Pretty bad idea
Care to elaborate? Why wouldn't it be a good choice?

Looks breddy gud, thanks fam

To be fair russbro a slug is something you fight at a long way away with, like removing kebab across an olive field. You'd fill it with buckshot if you're sleeping.

He's talking about how heavy loaded slugs punch front to back on big ol' buffalo. You could ruin the day of not only the nigger trying it on your sister but also your neighbor the field over. Mind you, you could easily load the slugs to subsonic levels with super soft alloys and suddenly that's not an issue.

Because slugs tend to penetrate. A lot.

Yeah, unless under "home defense" you mean "protect my rural property", then it's alright.

.410 is great for not obliterating grouse/pheasant/your garden when blasting floppy ear'd fucks.

Except that considering that .410 needs a full choke to make a 40 inch pattern at 40 yards you'd still be picking shot out of your cabbages, moreso than a full choked 12. The best gun for removing chungus from your garden would be a 22lr tbh.

Oh god, does this mean someone will begin marketing "positive expansion" slugs, "shotshell" slugs, or similar abortions?

PTR-32, and an AK-74 style rifle if I can ever find a decent one

Ak74s are getting more expensive in the states. 600+ for a century kit build. I have a century kit build it works reliably but I'm building a bulgy sidefolder kit in March. The barrels century used were never chromelined.
Good 74 builds can come from a trusted local builder, waffenwerks, Vepr and Saiga. I don't know anything about those JRA 74's that classic had for a while but they had chrome barrels.
Check armlist from time to time and see if you can get a deal on mags with the gun. Good surplus mags are 40$ a pop nowadays.

Mini-14 help
I want to buy a Mini-14 for PR reasons. I own a lot of black and tactical guns that are effective, which some are NFA, however, I want to keep a low-profile in a self-defense home-shooting scenario; therefore, I need to buy a non-spooky gun, but needs to be effective.

Stainless steel? Blued? I'd want my rifle to be 2nd pic, or would that be too tactical/spooky? How about the older one with a wooden top cover?

Thanks.

Attached: WfIWtwg.jpg (1024x768 177.95 KB, 436.74K)

I want to get a Marlin model 60 for teaching my daughter how to shoot, and also for fun. Another main reason is cost.
Is there any alternative I should look at?

Ruger 10/22. The detachable magazine will make it more fun to shoot. Expect to drop $200 not including tax. Buy it new.

Its a hell of a lot less shot I'd be picking out. 22lr over .410 is just wonderful for pest removal.

Just get a new one, they don't have the pencil barrel problem. If you're in any possibility thinking about using it as a truck gun get the stainless.

Should I?

Attached: Cannon.jpg (1948x1099, 674.12K)

Yes. I will tell you right now there is no joy greater than skeeting with such a device.

Honestly famalam, my advice would be to say fuck the mini-14 drop an extra 75-100 and go whole hog on an m1 carbine.
You will not have to worry about over penetration. You will get to enjoy a historical asthetic when taking your firearm to the range. It will most likely come with a bayonet lug if you get a post ww2 clone. It is prettier to look at. And your pawpaw will smile upon you from heaven. Honestly it just generally sounds more enjoyable than a mini-14 with only a minor extra expenditure. I'm younger though, so I'm sure there is a reason I'm wrong though…

I'm thinking about a 12 GA Maverick 88 as a beater truck gun I won't miss too much if anything happens to it.

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (1800x392, 433.34K)

Buying .30 is harder and likely more expensive and the magazines are really bad. Getting wooden furniture for an AR-15 sounds like it'd be just as effective at hiding the "salt wepen" stigma.
If you're not intent on sticking with 5.56 I think there's plenty of semiautomatic carbines with a "safe" aesthetic that can be had for less; shit, you could just take the bayonet off a SKS and maybe modify it to take detachable magazines.

Buy it, buy some slugs, load your shotgun, put it in your mouth, point up, and blow your brains out.
You'll probably fuck it up like the stupid mutt you are, though.

Attached: goyim-i...-.jpg (916x1392, 244.26K)

Calling me a kike won't change the fact that you are a mutt. Probably part nigger, too. Kill yourself.

You know that answer exactly as well as I do goyim.

Attached: download.png (424x480, 77.97K)

Pic related

Attached: 5C_-_Mini_14.jpg (1194x4728, 973.95K)

Holy hell why would anyone bother to buy this piece of shit? Just get a real functional platform and order some custom wood furnitures if you are that autistic.

On the one hand it's a shit gun, on the other Breivik did pretty well with it…

Attached: 1402070618931.jpg (1440x900, 457.65K)

He's one of those peeps that wears the Gmail logo on their pants, though. Wouldn't trust his story.

Do it.
buckstix.com/howitzer.htm

Is there any reason you wouldn't go for a rifled breech loader? It's not considered a Destructive Device as long as you use bagged powder with a percussion cap, and a Whitworth breech and Debange obdurator wouldn't be that difficult to make.

That was the issue I kept running into on gunbroker. A lot of nothing, beat up and overpriced arsenals, and those JRAs which I know nothing about. I got a buddy whose a gunsmith down in La whose shops specializes in AKs. I need to quit being a faggot, and just have him build one. Another buddy found a WASR at a pawn shop in Montana that had a triangle folding stock for $450. For some reason, it's fucking speaking to me. Any advice on wasr's? I think it sounds like a good deal, but I'm not the most well versed on them. I like the idea of avoiding having to do trunion work to get those afghan aesthetics. Possibly good for a beater rifle?

who's* definitely being a faggot

Like this?
m.youtube.com/watch?v=Pu8hUhsCTRU

Or this?
m.youtube.com/watch?v=YlDO11MYxFU

At least what I propose can be done already with low brinell alloys in combination with slugs like the sveroboy.

I want a 50 BMG thats as easy to maintain as possible, thoughts on the Serbu RN-50?

Attached: Serbu-RN-50.png (1200x377, 139.08K)

If you want the Fudd aesthetic I feel like there are better options out there. An SKS will also look non-tacticool, shoots relatively common ammo, and even the good Russian ones are cheaper than a Mini-14. And you get to keep a piece of history, too, as opposed to a Fudd's fever dream.

Buying the cheapest possible product that will function as such is rarely if ever the most cost effective solution. If you're going to spend nearly a grand on a gun, why wouldn't you spend a couple hundred more and get a single shot bolt action instead of a glorified zip gun? And if that couple hundred extra is really going to make or break you, I would reconsider the purchase entirely; the thing may as well be chambered in $5 bills.

The price isn't an important factor, I'm more interested in being able to maintain it myself over a long period of time with limited access to tools. From my experience break action is decisively more reliable and this is the only break action 50 BMG rifle I know of.

It's not even a 'real' break-action though, it's got a breech cap that threads over the ass end of the barrel.

What maintenance do you expect you'll be able to do to a break action that you wouldn't be able to do to a single shot bolt action? Worst case scenario the extractor or ejector spring fails and you have to poke the cartridge out of the breech with your cleaning rod.

Armalite makes a nice bmg 50. It's twice what a serbu costs. If you are lucky and safety Harbor freight gets their shit together you can get an upper for an ar lower if cost is that much of an issue. Or if you are absolutely mad and have access to a machine shop, you can build up a madi Griffin the off may be floating around.

I haven't actually messed with a bolt action before, looking at diagrams they seem a lot simpler than I assumed. Thanks for the advice!

I want a vz. 58.

Attached: vz58.jpg (800x352, 72.07K)

Attached: b400a8138f8c1342bd955d2a01edb08e75e2b4d9373001479c454f7223909bc7.gif (283x326, 260.22K)

Wasr's were imported by century (not built) for 450 you can't go wrong and I have never heard of a wasr with a triangle sidefolder so it sounds underpriced. Worst case senario you have to rebarrel it and you already know who to go to for that.

I will always regret trading mine.

I want to get an M76 because I like the idea of an AK in 8mm Mauser and maybe to kill boars.

Attached: 800px-Zastava-M76-Full.jpg (800x306, 26.58K)

I've been toying with the idea of building a Remington 700 short action in .223/5.56 as a varmint gun. It's basically the AR-15 / 10-22 / Glock / CJ-5 of bolt actions, the aftermarket's so big you can build one from scratch without using a single OEM part. Plus I really like the idea of a bolt action feeding from a double stack detachable magazine that you can still top up with stripper clips, and I think I can make that happen.

Problem is, once you price it out, it's more cost effective just to build an AR.
The mag release sucks, the cartridge pusher bolt face tab doesn't inspire confidence, and they don't sell one in the configuration I want.

Attached: remington-sa-700-detachable-mag-bottom-metal-for-ar-15-223556-mag-stealth.jpg (575x575 31 KB, 13.26K)

Something about these has always confused me. If you want a 5.56 gun, why not an AR or any of the stupid boutique guns that fire it? If you want a bolt action, why not .220 swift for varmints or even just go for .308 and be able to shoot everything from 125gr varmint loads to big boy 220gr? I can't see any reason to put .223rem in a bolt action for any reason other than ammo availability and interchangeability, and to me that's not a good enough reason to get a rifle in such an unremarkable cartridge over any of the superior alternatives. Also, staggered feed bolt actions give me an irrational sense of discomfort.

Fudd-ish tenancies. I like bolt guns, I feel self-loaders encourage you to dump ammo rather than being deliberate with your shots, I don't do any of the tacticool run-and-gun stuff where a semi-auto would be useful, and if I was ever in need of a 'fighting rifle' I'd want something in a full size rifle cartridge.
Even so, building an AR would still be the most economical and straightforward option, thus the dissonance with which I'm struggling to reconcile.

I have an irrational hatred for the cartridge. I already own milsurp in 30-06 and the thought of splitting my ammo pool for a round that's essentially the same damn thing minus a half inch of case length pains my autism.

Okay, but consider it from the other side. .223/5.56 is cheap, everywhere, and adequate for the intended purpose. (short-to-medium range plinking, precision shooting, and varminting) Why would I switch to a boutique cartridge, paying a premium for factory ammo or else rolling my own, for a marginal increase in performance?

Doesn't that include the majority of bolt action service rifles?

Don't listen to the haters, there is a lot of fun in a nail driver of a bolt gun in a smaller round. My dad had a 22-250 Rem 700 with a bullbarrel, love that gun to death. Yes I know 22-250 ain't the same but you can get a damn good rifle based on what you're aiming for. Just get a nice thick bull barrel, 16-18 inches will still give you enough power for varmiting and punching holes in paper.

Attached: u74l5j70p5e21[1].jpg (1326x1140, 124.13K)

Why should/shouldn't I get an FAL, Zig Forums?

Attached: FN-FAL_belgian.jpeg (2000x465, 77.01K)

Can you afford .308 in bulk? Its usually the determining factor of guns in said caliber because plinking off a mag or two just doesn't do it for guns like that.

They're breddy great. I'd advise on getting one.

Attached: 25dollars.jpg (1008x567, 196.31K)

this thing looks like a cut down AR version of a SKS

Because they're kind of expensive, tilting bolt and not free-floated. There's not really many better options for .308 though.

Why not?

Attached: ruger-lcr-357-magnum-revolver.jpg (800x564, 68.21K)

Been on the fence on that one for a while as a shitbull gun (something to stick in a coat pocket if I'm walking the dogs in case of loose pitbulls or coyotes). It isn't quite small enough for pocket carry and doesn't have the capacity of something slightly larger like a RAMI. I'll probably still get one though.

Because there's this

Attached: Ruger-LCR-327-8.jpg (661x496, 41.95K)

gay/10
also, out of all the firearms that I've owned the only brand that has really left a bad taste in my mouth is ruger.

Been thinking of picking up a Winchester Model of 1892 reproduction Carbine. Currently leaning toward 45 LC but I am willing to hear the pros and cons of the other options.

Attached: cq5dam.web.835.835.jpeg (835x169, 19.59K)

I kinda want to get a vz 61 repro. Should I get it in the original 7.65 to be more accurate to the original or in .380 for better availability? Anyone have experience with these ones?
czechpoint-usa.com/vz-61-pistol--765mm-br--?l=1
czechpoint-usa.com/vz-61-pistol--380-auto-?l=1

Storytime?

The .380 is a lot less picky on its food.

I want to buy a Hi Point 995 chambered in 9x19

Attached: EF467F00-2C8A-4EE1-B4C6-7D9E506A2E6C.jpeg (410x410, 13.06K)

Holy shit thats pretty cheap.
What shithole do you live in, user?

Massachusetts. I’ve only got an FID, though. So even though I could own one, almost all semi-auto non-22lr rifles are “assault rifles” (which I can’t own). Even if I had an LTC, I’ve never seen a semi-auto non-22lr rifle in this state that was under $700 (apart from those Hi-Point carbines). I assume this is because it’s illegal to take new “assault rifles” into this state. I know that it’s illegal to take new magazines with a capacity of over 10 rounds into this state.

I just checked a few local gun store websites. There’s actually a $700 SKS. This may very well be the only chance I get at one. I’ve only got $1000 in my bank account. I hate the fact that I’m actually contemplating this.

What a fucking time to be alive, when an SKS at $700 could be considered as a reasonable purchase.

Fuck the state. Its time we stop listening to its bullshit. Just buy a gun that you are allowed to own out of state and bring it in. What are the chance some one will run the serial numbers?

I paid $800 for mine 6 or 7 years ago. I can't believe they're $1200+ now.

Hold up. I don’t mean to detract from the OP but do you care to elaborate? Specifically: “can’t bring assault weapons into the state”?
I’m a former masshole of many years and was planning to move back for financial reasons. Does this mean I won’t be able to bring my SKS back with me?
Fortunately the town I’m from is good on LTCs but being frank I still don’t fully grasp the gun laws there. I’m already aware I can’t bring my ARs (legally) bit didn’t think this was an across the board semi auto thing

Attached: serveimage.jpg (800x800, 83.08K)

Range buddy has one. I generally detest striker fired DAO but the reset on that weapon is so fast id buy one if i came across one for a good price.

I only have a 10/22 right now to learn on. I want to get a .22 handfun to practice pistol fundamentals. I was going to get a Ruger Mk. 4 but this showed up at Shot Show. Kel-Tec CP33. It has 33 rounds of .22 with a 50 round extension. Full rail and even weight distribution. I know
but it looks to be accurate and reliable from the demo videos posted so far. So should I go for Mk. 4 or wait for this?

Attached: 33.jpg (1000x664, 152.49K)

Attached: Blank _84c3163f136d0759a9b2f0eec036d001.jpg (500x244, 27.08K)

My Ruger MK IV 22/45 Lite is a tack driver, but what I love most about it is how easy it is to take apart to clean.

Attached: Mark-IV-22-45-43909.jpg (1350x900, 111.17K)

I want a nice multirole firearm.
Ideally:

I

Is there any reason I shouldn't buy a Bren pistol?
Coming from an AR-15, I find it odd that the Bren doesn't come in 556 NATO… Would the 223 or the 7.62 better suit my needs?

Attached: Bren2Ms556.png (1070x713, 2.93M)

Use normal units like yards you fucking Americlap, not everything has to be related to muh niggerball.

It does

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (910x387, 37.53K)

?

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (702x549, 230.25K)

What the fuck

Attached: 00bac8e61470bf9c130aa3062cdfe967d4858d323c7f4a3b726a5abf4b12d366.png (591x717, 152.46K)

Looks like I'm retarded. I read the description a number of times but never confirmed with the spec sheet:

I assumed "chambered in 223" meant 223 only. AR's in burgerstan are described as 223 only if they won't take 556.

My left shoulder is fucked up and the extra length was difficult to accurately handle after a while. Shorter barrels let me shoot for longer.

Attached: Dl9YkfWXgAA3Wos.jpeg (2048x1523, 227.97K)

That's a meme, .223 chambered rifles can fire 5.56 fine.

They are different cartridges. The pressures are different for one. The throat lengths are different too. The differences are the whole motivation behind the .223 Wylde chambering.
americanrifleman.org/articles/2013/3/4/223-remington-vs-556-whats-in-a-name/

That said, I have seen rifles which have '223' stamped on them somewhere, but which are fine with 5.56 NATO. You really have to read the technical specifications.

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (396x86, 15.81K)

At that price get a new vz.58

That is one handsome firearm. Cheaper too. I'll have to read up on it and see if I can find one in stock.
Thanks, Strelok.

Attached: 1482987952_vz58_compact_762_1.jpg (1024x640, 33.84K)

I am purchasing a 224 valkyrie barrel and I am purchasing a 22 pistol for my Gf because I am trying to get her to learn pistol shooting because the 9mm I bought her she doesn't seem to do so well with it (she anticipates the recoil on the 9mm to hard)

So, is there a better way to ease her into a 9mm other than buying a 22?

Actually, no. I'm a firm believer everyone should start out on PELLET (not BB) air pistol to learn fundamentals, then ease into 22lr as a cheap and easy way to learn firearm pistol fundamentals, THEN get into a serious caliber. Militaries don't have time to do this incremental training, but you do. Let them swim in the shallow pool before dumping them into the river, no matter how mild the wild may be.

She is amazing with a rifle, it's just pistol she is marginally sub-par with, and even with a 22 she did good. It was a new 9mm, but I honestly think I may have to get a 22 for training. As for a pellet gun,i am afraid she will go postal on the backyard squirrels to a concerning degree.

Why? It's shit