Camouflage

What's your favorite camouflage pattern?

Attached: valentino-sky-blue-camo-t-shirt-close-up.jpg (2048x2050, 598.94K)

Other urls found in this thread:

designyourfabric.com/
spoonflower.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Flecktarn, but I dont wear camo unless I'm innawoods, and neither should you. olive drab is also acceptable, but remember that the more prepared you look in an emergency, the more you stick out, camo or not. if you live less than 50 miles from a major city, know that you'll be the biggest target when the masses arrive.

Attached: pepeflage.png (1280x1024, 1.61M)

The classic.

Attached: 8c615fafd8013898d190d7af584370d9.jpg (960x508, 95.41K)

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of my superior opinions.

Also a good choice.

Attached: strichtarn.jpg (722x842 104.79 KB, 78.29K)

It's not cool, it's not sexy, it's not a meme. It just works for the areas it was designed to function in, most of the time

Attached: DPM.jpg (640x480, 264.5K)

Since you've already named the objectively best Camo, Alpenflage. I'll go with US M81 Woodland for nostalgia reasons and Finnish M05 for practical reasons.

Attached: vFQY2pE.jpg (800x685 260.45 KB, 455.2K)

The Classic.

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (800x685, 484.93K)

Nice

Attached: 28156142_548242215574868_6748810411467866112_n.jpg (653x746 70.62 KB, 110.65K)

If it ain't broke don't fix it

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (1280x720, 1.32M)

For effectiveness, flecktarn and strichtarn, if you want something universal or don't know what to get acquire these. In the desert chocolate chip is just as good. For aesthetics, these, erbsenmuster is intimidating like it's a poisonous animal you shouldn't mess with, M81 is the classic, and I have a fondness for the blue camo the Russian national guard wears.

Attached: 506.jpg (959x1279 180.15 KB, 208.46K)

CP is in a class by itself.

Mr Crye (a fine arts grad of all things IIRC) invented a pattern that supposely works less on 'look alike' but more on fooling eyes into "filling in". Similar to how an IMPRESSIONIST painted, when viewed from correct distance, will look more "real" than a photograph.

All other camo is basically fashion, not science.

Everyone and their uncle is going to some CP type camo, from UK to Russia.

No one has been able to beat CP when actually evaluated.

Attached: 3.jpg (459x609 693.47 KB, 121.1K)

Ah, knock off SS camo.

if it works it works

ATACS and its variations are very effective, especially at range, in my admittedly limited experience. It also has a very broad range of environments it could be used in. Doesn't look very cool though, just kind a muddy mess, which is the point I suppose. A sweeping color palette and relatively subtle patterning give it a bit of an edge.
German oak leaf (and by extension its Russian derivatives) are also very functional, and look pretty good.
I also really like tigerstripe patterns, KLMK, alpenflage, and the Czech and DDR rain patterns. I've actually received a fair number of compliments on the alpenflage and strichtarn.

Attached: waffen_ss_oak_leaf_a_camouflagenm43_drill_set_.jpg (450x337, 46.06K)

Reminder that it's literally called "SchutzStaffel-Leto"

Flecktarn for spring/summer, Alpenflage for autumn/winter. If it worked in my locale Rhodie brushstroke would be my favorite.

second pic reminds me to ask. What camo did the Australians in Vietnam wear?

I love how goofy it is but I understand their ground is interesting colors.

I always liked old school tiger stripe. But I live in a 4-season place, so winter camo like in OP also has its place.

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (736x490, 650.66K)

baste halfchan

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (1920x1080, 5.33M)

Damn my nigga that's hella epic.

Imagine fighting someone that looks like they're wearing the eternally screaming faces of a dozen anime girls.

Attached: 2.png (961x1278, 2.53M)

Nigger that is scary.

a-user i…

I know what it's supposed to be, but what it actually looks like is another matter.

fucking homos.

I'd like to buy ten yards, please and thank you.

Am I the only one who sees ninjas doing spin kicks and backflips?

So, here's an interesting question I have. Why are nearly all camouflage patterns horizontally oriented and not vertically oriented? Wouldn't tiger stripe be more effective if the stripes were vertically oriented?

A vertical tiger stripe would look bad and stick out like a sore thumb. Camo patterns are supposed to imitate nature, not look like an art students attempt in cashing in on the Pollack look.

I prefer the real deal without the repeats.

Attached: dead tomatoes .jpg (4032x2268, 3.96M)

You use solid colors under, user.

What's the best way to make and print your own custom camouflage?
I've got a photoshop of swedish m90 pattern with different colors better suited for my environment.
its basically just M90 pattern with FGN colors

What kind of fucked up place do you live in if plants are growing mostly horizontally instead vertically?

designyourfabric.com/
spoonflower.com/

For a one off you could use watered down acrylic paint and paint it by hand. I've done t-shirts like that and it stays flexible and holds up for years of washing. If you want to do a lot of fabric screen printing is probably your best bet.

Post pic

I cast my vote for Guro-flage, where instead of Ahegao meme-fetish, we get the only true Zig Forums fetish.

Attached: 26285636_142022633143628_3936981389626310656_n.jpg (528x604, 66.06K)

Most of the camo patterns in animal kingdom look nothing like what militaries are using.
And some animals who ought to know better even look like they just don't bother.

Attached: some-fox.jpg (1920x1079, 145.71K)

And all those animals are easy to spot and so get hunted all the time, many animals hunted to extinction. Their camo is meant for their natural predators, not for humans.
Humans have peak-camouflage capabilities, surpassing all mammals and reptiles.

best

Attached: Camouflage.jpg (1200x725, 196.02K)

i might do the one off cause I'd like to do several different camos, does any cotton white-tee work?

Leopards and lizards seem to know how to wear a deceiving pattern. As there are camo patterns based off and named after them. I also tend to like choco-chip pattern for some reason.

Attached: desert-camo-choc-chip.jpg (500x431, 23.52K)

Now I can't unsee it. Cheers m8.

flecktarn and camo c1 french army

Attached: 13338.jpg (800x800 85.91 KB, 169.57K)

izlom is best camouflage, you guys are just being retards

Attached: AV2K38216.png (1250x1000 122.78 KB, 145.46K)

This man is right, flecktarn pattern with DPM colours. It's best of both worlds.

M81 Woodland and Chocolate Chip are aesthetically perfect but are mediocre at being camouflage.

M81 is great at camo, Choco Chip is situational to mountainous desert. However I am more partial to tropentarn for my desert needs.

Fuck it, i'm about to go Auscam mode.

Attached: images (6).jpeg (477x300, 19.22K)

Kamarian/Musorian enemy cams were great. I wish I kept my set.

Attached: musoria.png (793x690, 957.61K)

Flecktarn is pretty cool

Also this

Attached: 220px-Flecktarn_pattern.jpg (220x220, 12.97K)

SS-Leto all day. Works better than flectarn in the great lakes area

Attached: SS-LetoPartizan.jpg (500x375, 36.83K)

Attached: Military-Protective-Full-Body-Bulletproof-Body-Armor.jpg_350x350.jpg (350x350, 23.31K)

Better pic, I unironicly want a jumpsuit made of it.

Attached: 1556813493823.jpg (1024x1024, 189.67K)

these 3.
If i end up printing them, I would touch them up a bit more, get rid of the pixelation and clean the lines.
I've loved camo3 ever since I made it in RSV2 long ago.

Attached: mp412.jpg (1000x1000 67.23 KB, 68.66K)

What's the best camo for the PNW?

SS pattern stuff, fleck isnt too bad nor is standard old woodland and duck hunter if you can find it.

so I'm not all into facepaint, never liked the feeling of paint on my face.
would a balaclava like this be a bad idea if it's hot out? I would think covering your face in paint might actually make you overheat more than thin fabric on the skin

Attached: 51w1yZhyhGL._SL1200_.jpg (1200x1200, 61.81K)

Balaclavas are indeed superior to face paint. Either get one in olive color or go for the cheap and aesthetic black colored one. Avoid retarded camo patterns on it, especially shitty digital. If you have extra money get one that is fire-resistant.

Classic indeed but if my life depended on it I'd go with A-TACS FG

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (980x644, 1.56M)

spruced it up. any changes you guys think I should do to it?

Attached: camo3-done.jpg (1000x1000, 57.95K)

Dyed UCP gives a similar impression tbh

This is no laughing matter.

Attached: 859FB4CE-BBE5-458B-BD5C-9BDC469A7AFB.jpeg (493x637, 93.25K)

How inaccurate is this map.

Attached: camo 2.png (2671x1382 3.71 MB, 3.32M)

Entirely anecdotal, but from the only two places I know. Central/South Oklahoma should be multicam pretty much year round. Western Montana/Idaho should probably be Flecktarn for the summer and Flecktarn Winter or just white for the winter.

Rhodie Brushstroke for the classic and effective aesthetics.
I'm liking Varan quite a bit lately to.

Attached: 00RhodieBrushstroke5 (2)

Many prey animals can't differentiate orange from green very well and mammals (as far as I know) lack green pigments. So they have to settle for yellows and oranges. If they could be green they would be.

Though imagining a green tiger or fox is very strange.

why?

Attached: 1499056490175.gif (202x360, 1.84M)

I have a soft spot for Kamyyshovyy Risunok, but newer Russian stuff is pretty aesthetic too. SLOCAM is a nice variation on the endless multicam shittery.
Pencott also gets me hard. Latvian NBS2006 is also breddy gud.

Attached: NBCLatvianDigitalDCU.jpg (1161x1102 433.91 KB, 161.49K)

Attached: This is my war face.jpg (1024x1536, 345.6K)

the angle he painted the cross is angering me something fierce

Attached: dc0e775b59d1fa13122e879a70d8e17a59a1c554ee63f946af4d66df7a3e7eeb.jpg (600x791, 40.08K)

Remember that for the 'medieval' era pretty much all of the thousand years or so that it lasted a shield was a one use piece of kit, unless it was some hyper expensive bit of bespoke kit that a high-blood nobleman would sperg out about, or you hadn't actually used it. If you were a medieval minimum wager building and painting a few thousand shields for every engagement would you really get that worried about a few 'misprints' in every batch? Do you really think the average levy'd freeman is going to get upset about a slight irregularity in something that only matters to his lords ego?

ATACS-FG or Russian SURPAT is probably the best "all around".

And for specialized French Snow camo and either US AOR or Russian vertical KSOR for desert.

Any opinions on asat pattern?

Attached: asat.jpg (474x496, 40.69K)

What do you think of this?

Attached: tism bait.jpg (625x501, 99.27K)

The cake looked mediocre anyway.
That's OCD not autism.

All season all terrain (ASAT) camo, look it up its the best. Problem is a good set with all the trimmings costs $1470 and the richest military cant afford a $750 rifle let alone a fucking uniform.

Did you know Canada and UK spends more for dress uniforms than for camo? I saw it with my own eyes.

It's missing another "s" and an "h" in the name

Attached: CAMO.jpg (628x166, 12.92K)

that bright tan should either by whiter for snow or darker for everything else.

too much black

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (480x720, 468.26K)

US4CES is the shit

Attached: US4CES.jpg (2304x1536, 1.21M)

Some animals camouflage themselves as predator animals.

Attached: owl-butterfly.jpg (700x459, 76.3K)

I hate they way these promotional camo shots have everything so damn pristine and clean. Show me what it looks like used.

beer bottles used to be transparent so you could see the quality of beer just by looking at it. producers started shipping in brown bottles so they could water the beer down and add alcohol to make cheaper beer when hops and barley prices rose in wwii.

here's another one then, though it's not really dusty here either

We need a camo made of dindu refugees

Attached: wheres-waldo-1.jpg (2304x1536, 1.02M)

UV light fucks beer. Thus beer bottles are tinted like sunglasses.
t.brewer

>my (((boss))) told me light kills booze

Are you stupid? The answer might surprise you!

How could tell the quality of beer? I never liked beer, all of the Anheuser-Busch beers has some sort of aftertaste to it, and corona taste like ass. Guess I'll drink cheap red wine instead.

Whiskey is the most based of spirits. None of that un-aged Jack Daniels or Jim Beam bullshit, either.

No wonder you don't like it. Go for a stout, märzen, or dark lager instead. A bourbon-barrel aged stout like Dragon's Milk or Event Horizon is top tier.

This too. Nothing like a good southern bourbon.

Its the hop content in beer when exposed to UV that causes said beer to skunk out. You can go be a retard somewhere else.

Yes because all of those open air warehouses where beer is stored in transparent containers in the sun. You're a fucking retard.
Beer goes from bottling factory to a box, box goes into truck, truck goes to bar, box goes in bar, box is opened inside the bar where there's no fucking UV light, and it's stored in the cool room where there's no fucking UV light. Until its about to be drunk, when its poured into a transparent glass, which has no effect because it isn't outside. At no point in its life cycle does a beer bottle get exposed to UV rays.
Your boss lied to you and his shit excuse for lying to people doesn't even fit reality.

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-06-12 at 10.32.47 PM.png (342x428, 216.16K)

The best moonshine comes from blackberries.

Not that guy but I asked the science fellows I do work for from time to time. Turns out both the sun and standard florescent lights i.e. sources of UV light cause the alpha acids from the hops to convert over to 3-Methyl-2-butene-1-thiol which is the nasty flavor of beer gone bad. Corona is particularly bad due to the water they use has trace amounts of sulfur in it.

Maybe you're the sort who enjoys throwing citrus fruit into their liquor. Who knows.

Attached: 1391447195780.jpg (447x623 1.95 MB, 48.56K)

I'm sorry but that's completely fictional bullshit. UV rays break down practically everything, they're high power radiation, that cannot possibly be a reason for brown bottles. Beer isn't exposed to any amount of UV at any point in its production or life cycle, you're

I'm the fucking owner nor do you have a clue on the logistics of liquor. At one point I did use clear until people bitched about skunked beer, that ended with a switch to amber bottles.

Yeah, really? What brand, faggot? Nobody sells beer in clear containers in the US that I've ever seen, and I'm pretty sure it's not even legal. They have to be green or brown. How about you prove your claims instead of boasting unfalsifiable credentials on an anonymous Vaegir arrow fletching story circle?

I don't export to America due to local demand and me knowing the fact nobody is going to pay 25USD for a six pack. In potland Sleemans sells their stuff in clear bottles and two cases never taste the same, their canned stuff is consistent. Also I highly doubt you've never seen a filthy Corona or Modello considering 7-11 sells em, they're in clear bottles last I checked as with Miller branded stuff, mind you Miller uses a hop extract in their brew than the hops themselves leading to an odd flavor.

Budweiser and company use rice which leads to that aftertaste.

Tigerstripe.

Attached: tigerstripe_fanart_by_berrystarlover-d51pa5u.jpg (1151x578, 67.68K)