Returning to God after fornication

Wanting to know if any anons are threatened with the temptation of fornication and how to deal with it.

I got involved with someone and fornicated and know she will want to keep meeting up for that, and I feel like I am too weak willed that I will give in and go with the temptation.

It really hit me that I was tearing up all the bonds I had made with God over the past few years from when I was a real mess. I cannot even read apologetics/engage with my faith intellectually for how dishonest I feel. This threat of sin is obviously extremely worrying, as to be abuse the mercy of the Lord is damnation.

If any one has any advice or experience in how to end those sorts of sterile relationships I would greatly appreciate it.

Attached: IMG_6038.JPG (350x341, 45.66K)

Start fasting right now.

The enemy is upgrading his temptation game, it means you made progress.
Anyway you should clearly tell this person you are against sexual acts before marriage. If she (I assume it's a woman) just want sex this should make her go for someone else, if she's interested in you there is a chance you can be together and avoid sex.

What is a good routine that you would recommend?

I don't think she's interested in anything lasting so it will make it easier to say. Thanks for the advice.

Does anyone else have the issue where all your friends don't believe in being chaste before marriage? I know it is no excuse and you have to tough it out, but it makes it so much harder. They would never understand it.

- 1 meal a day for 1 week
- 24h fast (water only)
- eat 1 meal
- fast for 3 days
- eat 1 meal
- fast for 7 days
- eat 1 meal for 3 days in a row
- fast for 10 days
- eat 1 meal for 3 days in a row
- fast for 15 days

After this you should be ready to fast regularly.

thanks user, much appreciated

- 1 meal/day for 1 week
- 24h fast (water only)
- 1 meal
- fast for 3 days
- 1 meal
- fast for 7 days
- 1 meal/day for 3 days
- fast for 10 days
- 1 meal/day for 3 days
- fast for 15 days

After this you should be ready to fast regularly.

oops 😬

This sounds insane.

Not in a good way: literally insane.

Who would recommend this to an anonymous stranger online, and think he was being responsible in making the recommendation? Without knowing anything about personal health or work or age? To recommend this kind of extreme stuff to someone who isn't even past the purgative stage, struggling with sins of the flesh? Totally irresponsible.

Attached: Ivan Karamazov.jpg (556x760, 76.87K)

I dont want to fast because i would slowly lose my gym gains

No and stop degrading lent as to be some kind of poohing diet you pharisee. Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defileth a man.

Go to the monastery if you can for some time. Some tome of isolation, more devotion to faith and guidance of monks should be of help.

No and stop degrading Monasteries as to be some kind of poohing salvation you pharisee. [bible verse]

Come on son what gives

This.
I'm tall and gains come hard. But there are other ways to fast than missing full meals. I cut out meat and fancy stuff some days. I cut out music/movies/games and just read or meditate in my free time some days.

Substitute meat for red beans, they suck but they have a lot of protein.

You can survive on only water for more than a month and if you have more fat to burn, even longer; up to a year according to studies if severely overweight. What's extreme is a prolonged dry fast (no food and no water).

It's mortification of the taste which greatly helps defeating lust.

Attached: 9EF34477-E144-4C91-96AE-BF2599642982.png (440x900, 122.39K)

Fornication is NOT a temptation. It is a calculated thing. You WORK to commit fornication and can capitulate at any time.

I agree with . Getting someone into fasting by telling them to eat only one meal a day for a week, and cycle into water only fasts for days on end right off the bat like you suggest here >>702711 is not a good idea. It's like telling someone who's never run in their life to start out by doing a marathon; or telling someone who's never even black-smithed a simple pocket knife to start out by trying to smith a Zweihander sword for their first project. It's going to more than likely be discouraging at best, and dangerous at worst.

Fasting is indeed good, but OP should speak with his Spiritual Father about this matter, and go at his own pace, rather than try to Saint mode it right out of the gate.

As for directly dealing with the fornication issue, OP, listen to what this user said here: . Make your boundaries clear. If she is not willing to comply, cut her off like a light switch.

All sin starts out as temptation.

If all your friends have this issue except for you, you might want to find a new group of friends, especially if they encourage or exacerbate such passions. If it's only a few, and they're not having that big of an impact on you, don't give up hope just yet. Honestly, your primary close bros should either be at your church or of a similar mindset. Jesus ate with the sinners, but his tight knit inner circle were the apostles.

Confess with a contrite heart

It is a struggle I also face. The more you take the eucharist the less inclined for sinning you will be. It all goes downhill after you stop going to mass or put other things above your salvation. I confessed, sinned, then stopped going to mass during week days, then started sinning (fornicating) more. Sin leads to sin. If you sin, repent and confess as soon as possible.

The demonic temptation is very real.

There are lots of ways to deny yourself

There are a lot of ways to get yourself hurt for stupid reasons too.