Comfy Christian-related books/movies to watch?

Can anyone give me some recommendations for either? I'm sort of tired of all the negativity. Would like you have something just nice and wholesome and Christian related (easy on the heresy would be preferred too though). I can't read anything on my phone these days without it being all negative. Loads of this board is just bickering and negativeness. And sure yeah I get that, there's a time and place for it and all. But just would love some nice wholesome Christian reading / books / movies to watch. Contemporary stuff would be better than super old stuff as well.

Thank you and God bless!

Attached: should-i-raise-my-hands-during-worship.jpg (1200x800, 75.39K)

Other urls found in this thread:

vimeo.com/2889214535
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Wounded by Love by Elder now Saint Porphyrios. It's moving, heart warming, and wholesome. I was amazed by what a love for Christ this man had, and it encouraged me to deepen my own relationship with God.
It's very comfy as well.

Attached: wounded by love.jpg (275x469, 25.04K)

Attached: Christian Cinema.png (1213x789, 1.57M)

Looking, to pick up this one. Along with his book on, Miracles which is more Philosophical than laid back. But from what i'm told, This book is more Orthodox centered then Western Christian centered, on the typical outlooks on heaven and hell. Which, is good. C.S Lewis is one of the few protestant writers, i can tolerate, after finding Orthodox Theology.

Attached: The great divorce.jpg (900x600, 328.97K)

i'd rather have more catholic or protestant focused media if you don't mind

Well, for books it's hard to go wrong with JRR and CS, and GK. New literature, I really couldn't say. As far as films, there's always Heston's old Ten Commandments. Also consider Book of Eli and Calvary, I've heard those are decent and relatively recent productions as well.

See: The Exorcist, Ben-Hur, The Ten Commandments, Quo Vadis, The Robe, Barabbas, The Greatest Story Ever Told, Demetrius and the Gladiators, and The Ninth Configuration (aka "Twinkle Twinkle, Killer Kane) for some good American Christian films. Granted, they're all pretty old, but still, they're some badass American Christian films. I especially like the Ninth Configuration (pic related). It's obscure, but really good.

Attached: ninthconfiguration01-640x420.jpg (640x420, 46.58K)

Robert Bresson's Trial of Joan of Arc > Passion of Joan of Arc

Attached: Young Pope.jpg (3000x1688, 279.81K)

God's Not Dead 1, 2 and 3

As for TV shows, Touched by an Angel - a great show.

(Doubleposting)
If you want to check how if anything is "Christ-approved", check out CommonSenseMedia, a website that reviews media based on morality and how child-friendly it is. There are also other websites that review media from an explicitly Christian perspective, but they are often quite low in reviewed content.

Attached: 8117HB7WbvL.jpg (1400x2092, 303.34K)

The Divine Comedy

Ostrov (The Island)

Seconding this, made me more spiritual. I also recommend Crime and Punishment

This. Anything by C.S. Lewis or G.K. Chesterton is /comfy/.

Chesterton’s Orthodoxy is a superb choice.

If you are looking for modern and entertaining stuff anything from the publisher Castalia House.

why exorcist?

Pic related or Canticle for Liebowitz

Attached: 5149ZYFBB0L._SY445_.jpg (321x445, 43K)

I also second Ostriov (The Island), because it’s comfy.

The Exorcist is not really “comfy and wholesome” even though it is Christian. However I would also recommend it along the same lines as The Rite which is also a really good film.

Franco Zeferelli’s Jesus of Nazareth (1977)

Attached: 915BD94F-75E8-4306-B680-E0754E773E03.jpeg (1053x1507, 663.49K)

Is this actually good and not trying to mock trad-Catholicism? Heard it was made by an atheist.

im really into black mirror.

Attached: 13F46433-5E97-49A7-ACE4-67CF36E0EC59.jpeg (1383x2048, 479.43K)

vimeo.com/2889214535

its pretty great, watched it twice. There's a bluepilled moment in one of the final episodes but besides that its great.

So far we know he tried to portray tradcaths in a bad light but made the wettest tradcath dream ever into a series instead without realizing it.
…Or maybe he knew what he was doing, who knows.

No need to be gloomy, we may yet create a word where all films are wholesome. God is with us!

Attached: christian_film_guide.jpg (2164x1252, 532.85K)

Great book

Uhhh….isn't that a sodomite film?