A great sign appeared in heaven: a woman clothed with the sun...

Proddies explain yourselves

Attached: Virgin_Mary_-_Diego_Velazquez.jpg (605x800, 398.82K)

They can't. I'm not even going to entertain them, this thread is now to praise Our Lady, the most perfect of creation. Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with Thee, blessed art though among women, and blessed is the fruit of Thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now, and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Attached: 1.jpg (408x600, 34.03K)

The true Israel. The Book of Revelation refers to the Synagogue of Satan in other verses, and how they're lying about being Jews. The followers of Christ are the true descendants of Israel, in spirit, and so the woman, being the original nation, ascended to heaven, as in, it's no longer here. The stars are the twelve tribes.

I could be wrong about this, I haven't read the Book of Revelation in full in awhile, please say so if another verse contradicts this interpretation, thanks!

Attached: Revelation_12_sign_animation.gif (1600x900, 1.89M)

Symbolic language does not mean we should pray to a created being.

Wow, you sure convinced me to stop asking my friends and relatives to pray for me.

Mary is holy

I wanna like you Catholics, I really do. I hope the holy spirit is working on your behalf to make sure those prayers are sent to the right place, with the right intent.
Jesus Christ son of God, have mercy on me a sinner.

The Orthodox pray to Mary as well

Lol,have you been on Liturgy? Every Kontakion here ends with petition to Mary.

Might want to include full context and where this is from Brody.
Do love how anything involving a woman in a good light or pleasing language is somehow your mommy goddess. Repent of your idolatry.

The spirit is, otherwise we wouldn't be hearing about their crimes on tv why the king "bishop" calls victims of sex abuse satan.

Attached: 48cbe16b948e0224ecc6196e429fce4db2c8796b354a8ded9d0c6d98f74d55bc.jpeg (1034x1254, 134.97K)

The woman in the vision represents both Mary and the True Israel.

The true Israel is the Catholic church, Mary is the mother of the church

Could you cite a verse that backs this up?

bad-mouthing the Mother of God and the Bride of Christ isn't good for you

The True Israel is the Church that Christ established, which was given over to the Gentile, or do you still believe the Israel is the Mosaic Jews?

I'm still not convinced that the modern Catholic church is the church that Christ established. I don't think the Church is a worldly institution. Christ said His kingdom was not of this world.

I believe Israel, in the biblical sense, no longer exists. The woman in Revelation being whisked away to Heaven represents the phasing away of Israel, and its seed is the Christians, the true sons of Abraham in the spiritual sense.

I could be wrong about this stuff, because I'm still kind of a fresh convert, so let me know if I am. I do think the Mary interpretation of this story in Revelation doesn't make a lot of sense, though. Why would Mary have a crown of 12 stars? You could say they represent the Apostles, but a significant relationship between Mary and the Apostles (other than John) hasn't been recorded to my knowledge. I don't see any reason to believe the woman is Mary besides the fact that she's a woman (which doesn't really mean anything, Wisdom is portrayed as a woman in Proverbs, and John says Jesus is the Logos, does that mean Jesus is a woman?) and her giving birth to Jesus (which is just as true in the Israel interpretation, and no virginal conception or exceptional pureness is mentioned).

Because His Church and His Kingdom are separate things, until the second coming.

that's heretical and anti-scripture

Is it? Could you counter it with another part of scripture, then? Like I said, I'm pretty green on theology, so I'd appreciate it.
The Hebrew believers of God no longer are here. Modern day "Jews" are fake. The seed of Israel is the Church, but the nation doesn't exist anymore. The entire point of Israel was to give birth to the Messiah. That was their mission, and it was accomplished. Israel doesn't matter on earth after Christ's coming. The Old Covenant with Israel is over, and now the New Covenant is with their spiritual successors, Jew or Gentile believers in Jesus.

But why?

Luther removed it for a reason cadolig :^)

orthos do that too.
Why do you always start "you catholics"? You protestants are the only who go on about "muh idolatry" without even knowing the definition of the term.

Mary is so glorious, so full of grace and mercy, I sometimes wonder where do we even need Jesus.

I had no idea Jesus married his own mother, pretty sick if you ask me. Or is it only catholic-jesus whos involved in an incestuous relationship with his mother? Definitely helps explain the rampant sex abuse…

Attached: 1d7e7d03b3b5b057b210c5cab56051c2fb760e6264a0ea790af7575877f3e3eb.jpg (1197x605, 174.13K)

If you are orthodox have you ever been to a liturgy?
Does the phrase "Most Holy Mother of God save us" tell you anything?
If you are a prot why do you larp with Jesus prayer?

The Bride of Christ is the Church.

We don't say this
We say
"With intercession of theotokos, save us, o Saviour."

I didn't know the Orthodox Church had a copyright claim on the Jesus prayer, one of the most simple and universal Christian prayers ever.

Yeah, I've got a problem with all those icons too. Did you think "graven image" only applied to actual carvings in stone?
The Jesus prayer is not a LARP if said in sincerity. The thief on the cross next to Jesus…which church did he belong to, East or West? Oh wait, both of those are just Earthly power structures. NoTW and all that, lads.
I'm sorry I came back to this board, this infighting baloney is why I left in the first place.

No, and for the love of God stay pure and don't get caught in the Catholic/Orthodox in-fighting on this board. Stay true to Jesus, ignore this board. I've never seen a "Christian" group with more variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, and heresies than this board, but then again, we know for a fact the synagogue of Satan has people on the payroll to troll this website. Not surprising they would target this board and not just Zig Forums.
God bless you, one and all. May we all be one with the Father.

Really? Because the one thing that attracted me here was how open everyone was willing to be about their faith. Don't see why you suppose that you have a monopoly on righteousness. Why don't you go back to reddit where Christians self-segregate by denomination and enjoy the grace of approving of people who believe just what you do.

Attached: Back.jpg (717x880, 140.88K)

We have not had the same experience here, then. I'm not even sure what board you are talking about, the infighting goes back years on this board.
Didn't make that claim, but thanks for bearing false witness against me.
Nah, you're so warm and welcoming here.

How are icons "graven images"? Do you have pictures of your family members?