Zig Forums banter materializes irl

Protty pastor stands outside Catholic church warning about idolatry, while priest fumes.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/dX1VuUyx0xU?t=181
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Based street preacher

Wow, "based" street preacher.

I have a feeling threads like these are started by atheists/fringe/muslims just to sow discord among Christians.
Sage.

Agreed, much of this “banter” on this board only causes strife and division on this board.

Would violence be justified in this situation? I don't mean excessive use of violence, but just some "manhandling", maybe rough him up a little bit. Assuming one could do it legally. I mean, he is preaching heretical ideas, which could potentially appeal to vulnerable members of the flock. The Church used to literally sanction war against heretical creeds like the Cathars. I think a little show of moderate violence may have been called for in this situation, since it's quite obvious he was not open to dialogue.

Justified? Maybe. Legal? No.

Look, man. If he was open to dialogue it would be a completely different situation. He clearly isn't, though.

I have my misgivings with Catholicism but this is just embarrassing.

The only one that didn't seem open to dialogue was the priest that said two words to him and then called the cops.

He explained himself very succinctly to the officers.

Not one member approached him to ask why he feels the way he does and if they felt he's misguided in his beliefs they should have gone with Matthew 18:16.

The priest came up to talk to him but the guy kept speaking past him and didn't acknowledge him. That's what I saw when I watched the video.

Think those two post here? Seems more than likely I think.

actually he's not open for dialogue by definition
youtu.be/dX1VuUyx0xU?t=181

oh look, based preacher seems to be rejecting trinity

Defeating somebody's ideas by countering said ideas intellectually is better than simply attempting to force them out of existence with violence. The pen is mightier than the sword. Christ didn't violently suppress the blasphemy of the Pharisees, instead, He destroyed their heresy with His words, words that are remembered and recited to this day for their power. If He was a zealot who just overthrew those authorities violently, would we remember Him today, even if He was successful in that endeavor?

This is at the core of the principle of free speech but #TOTALLYTRAD catholics don't like that because masons lmao, medieval peeps were based af!

Yeah, but as was pointed out, that guy was not open to dialogue. You could very easily argue that he was disturbing the peace. You shouldn't just be allowed to go around in public acting like a lunatic.

I didn't mean undermining his ideas right then and there. If you're worried about the heresy he's spreading, then combat that heresy whenever you can, even if a representative of it isn't present.

The problem had was that he was spreading heresy and endangering the souls of the flock, not that he was disturbing the peace. "Manhandling" somebody for their ideas is wrong. Forcibly removing somebody who's causing a ruckus right outside private property isn't wrong. That's the difference.

baste

Attached: IMG_1733.JPG (562x437, 68.01K)

What's wrong with protecting the vulnerable from being led astray?

Unless you have a weird Catholic commune, “vulnerable members” have all already left you guys long ago so the only people left there are just doing it because “muh culture” and delusional ones who think anyone really believes their theological contradictions

Attached: 1517136633473_20180127_0058400s.jpg (940x940, 310.9K)

Ip switching,,,,, yep ;/

Also

More, than likely, as to what's going on. Not everyone on Zig Forums has good intentions. Just be aware. Also Promoting Pacifism? Where does the bible teach pacifism? That really just seems like enlightenment ideas/Modern interpretation being applied to the bible. When that was never the case like Jesus the Communist….

Usually with the Pacifism stuff like, No, NO, NO, no Violence at all Regarding Heresy etc. When it comes to Religion. Usually found in New Atheist, and just Anti Theist. Who usually try to contort, the bible into something it isn't. Vid, being posted from Mr. Lewis showcases just that. You may be new in faith and seeking, as i once was maybe not sure on the whole Pacifism, and turning the cheek verse. But it's just not true, it's a lie that just keeps popping up in, Pop Culture, and Academia. Again, like the Marxist Jesus/New age Hippie Jesus. That's not, The Ancient Christian worldview.

Don´t forget that the man who was turned into Santa Claus punched a heretic in the mouth after he started spouting his drivel.

Attached: Saint nicholaus Arius punch.jpg (550x589, 64.84K)

Nah, it’s you non-Trinitarians who are a joke. The overwhelming majority of Christians historically would have you justly punished for your heresy.

The absolute state of protestant deformation.