Help me understand this

Okay so I am happen to be a major brainlet, but I need help understanding this. If Adam's sin brought death into the nature of Man, why do plants & animals die? Does Adam's corruption spread to all aspects of Life? Or did I just miss something in Genesis?

Attached: dumb pepe.jpg (300x275, 10.81K)

Other urls found in this thread:

newadvent.org/fathers/3816.htm
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pando_(tree)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I believe that it affected everything in creation

Why do you even care? They are material beings and theres nothing wrong with them dying.

It's okay to say you don't know.

The penalty of Adam is physical pain (hunger, thirst, cold etc), obviously daily occurrences for us but which would not have existed in the paradise of Eden.

As Adam was head of human race, he was also head of corporal creation (for humans are head of it and Adam is head of us by nature).

Not unless the rest of creation also received God's supernatural protection, which is unlikely to have been the case since even in Eden plants could presumably be eaten and thus arrive at certain death. Animals and plants can feel pain, but they cannot suffer because they lack the ability to conceptualize ideas like the personal self, injustice, and evil.

Attached: Chenopodium_quinoa_before_flowering.jpg (2048x3072, 4.39M)

In Romans 5:
In Romans 8:

There is an order of "infection": through man, sin infected the creation, and through sin, creation (and especially mankind) suffers from death. But it is the whole creation that suffers, and that awaits redemption and deification. We can see this in the curse God puts onto humanity in Genesis 3, where the creation is shown to fight back against man instead of cooperating with him:

Of course, this does not mean that animals and plants are guilty of sin. Rather, man was instituted as the crowning achievement of creation, and because the cosmos is his responsibility, if he falls then the cosmos falls too. Only Christ could let us recover our original nature and rescue the cosmos from its unnatural suffering.

It's at the very least quite interesting to see what heresies people come up with as responses to these questions.

This is true.

Attached: 093ffb103fc5bb980a7792800593b39bb5bc49c4943ef75c41aead8c51b878da.jpg (237x372, 28.78K)

God set Adam as the *head* of creation. As the head goes, so will the body follow.

Sin did not bring physical death into the world. This is a misinterpretation based on a lack of spiritual discernment.
Sin brought spiritual death to mankind.

Amen.

According to council of Carthage, you're a heretic

What about according to the Bible?
Did plants not die either before sin?

Everything else died, because there's nothing special in death of plants or animals. Humans didnt.

Is it not a form of immortality if when our physical body dies, our spirit continues living forever in heaven? Why would that not be a form of immortality? Sin would bring spiritual death unto man, and therefore, "true" death. A sinful person would go to hell after their physical death, not possessing immortality.

Humans are made as both material and immaterial beings. We are not either soul or flesh but union of soul and flesh.
Also, people """"going"""" """to""" hell are also immortal but don't enjoy it.
In fact, you just practically called resurrection pointless with your post. Congratulations. Basically reed John Damascene exposition of Orthodox faith.

Some proofs are in order.

This is heretical

How exactly did I call resurrection pointless?
Why am I getting told to read things other than the scriptures? I would imagine I should go to scripture first and then to others.

Ikr, there's no way Carthage was this dumb.

Attached: 1507258790967s.jpg (250x220, 6.33K)

How about googling it, you winnie the pooh autists? Do your parents still spoon-feed you?
newadvent.org/fathers/3816.htm

If you're going to "spoon feed," why not spoon feed the Bible?
Does modern revelation take precedence?

Your spoonfeeding sucks. You didn't even say which of the 138 canons it's under.

In shock news, OP answers his own question!

The entire universe was spoiled, poisoned, corrupted by one sin. This is how bad sin is.

The fall of man affected the entire universe, hence Paul says "We know that the whole creation has been groaning as in the pains of childbirth right up to the present time"
I don't think the events of Eden can be understood simply materialistically, there is always an invisible spiritual dimension behind what is observable to us and that is where all the action and drama is happening, what we observe with our senses is only a tiny sliver of it.

Attached: 300px-Transfiguration_by_Feofan_Grek_from_Spaso-Preobrazhensky_Cathedral_in_Pereslavl-Zalessky_(15th_c,_Tretyakov_gallery).jpeg (300x417, 72.62K)

its canon 109

That only speaks of Adam. It doesn't say anything about the plants and animals.

The best plants are fruitful and multiply.
There are trees over 80,000 years old in Utah.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pando_(tree)

Rick Wiles: God Didn't Design Our Planet for Sin

We can barely operate, in our present state, in three dimensions. It takes computers to visualize and navigate four dimensions, and forget about anything else except through mathematics. We're pretty much closed off from the action, but that's good. I suspect anyone who could see it, without divine assistance, would be in grave danger.

please go away

They are his property, they receive his curse

Paradise was made for man and man alone. Animals and plants would live and die as they do now. The difference is mans effect on these things after the fall.

HERETICS OUT!