Demons?

I have a question and honestly this seems like the perfect place for it. How do demons act? I am writing a story based around the first crusade so Christian theme are going to be major. Since there is so much added fiction to demon it's hard to tell what is old vs what is new. Thank you in advance.

Attached: IMG_0670.JPG (1611x2160, 521.56K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/fFhLvycmdJ0?list=PL9boiLqIabFiwsdA4OSW2JX16SeBaovBL
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First, drop that image immediately
Second, nobody truly knows that. You might garner some insight from church fathers but in the end you're just gonna have to infer stuff.

Isn't that generally a /tg/ thing?
Anyways, your question is vague. Though they are malevolent spirits that abhor God and Mankind. One thing to note is that they are actually powerless so instead they work through deception and trickery.

Is it a /tg/ thing? I didn't go there as well D&D isn't really based on Christian thought, maybe the old stuff but certainly not anything in the past 15 years or so. So demons are not in fact powerful? So tempting others to sin is all they really do?

Funny enough I tired this on /x/ and got the same response.

Four main sources for you: Summa Theologiae, Q50-64 ("Tour de Summa" and "Reading the summa" are good online explanations if pure text happens to be to hard), Rules for Discernment of Spirits from Spiritual Exercises, Life of Saint Anthony the Great, and any given lecture on the topic by Fr. Chad Ripperger.

*Q50-64 and 106-114

Exactly. They operate as much as God and humans allow them (God in terms of simple permission and humans in terms of being retarded enough to believe them and fall into temptation). Even possession happens when human either directly or indirectly allows such thing (again either by temptation, but mostly by living with sinful life).
please go away

Ah thank you I will look those up.

The most trustworthy information comes from the Bible, of course. So gather all the verses that describe anything and everything on demons. Also, search for Derek Prince on YT.

"How do demons act?"

They have no authority except what is given to them from above. The tools they employ generally fall under the category of deception and their goal is generally defilement or perhaps more specifically to separate you further from the Lord - to bring you on to their team and use you to further their rebellion against God.

Lying, mocking, slander, gaslighting, and anything similar are the most common tactics because they lack direct control (until their victims grant it) but unless God has gifted one with the ability to perceive their interactions, they are generally an unseen force that is not perceived directly.

Understanding that they don't have any authority over you or your house is an important part of keeping them under foot. Mistakes people make are engaging in behavior that agrees with them (practicing witchcraft, using drugs, narcissistic behavior, sexual deviancy, etc.). Such things are a (spiritually) open door with a neon sign that says "Enter Here."

I liked Praying Medic's book Seeing in the Spirit. I found it to have some valuable insights, but generally unless one has some sort of gift or calling that is bringing them into contact with these things its best not to delve too much. It is a road best avoided if at all possible.

I'll drop four points off the top of my head.

1) They hate life. I mean, not like complain about it. Not disgusted by it. No one on this board, or any board here, hates ANYTHING in the known universe as much as a fallen angel hates mankind, life, reality itself. They want to corrupt, destroy, burn everything they can.

2) Some of them are smart, some of them are not so competent. All of them have specific functions and specialties, which they could possibly exercise. They can inhabit people to varying degrees of perfection, also depending on the person targeted. They can also mentally harass people.

3) Demons have no form, or no perceivable dimensions. If they had form, you would see enough of them in existence that they could block out the sun.

4) Demons cannot be defeated by man. Only the authority of Jesus Christ can remove them as a threat. God can utterly countermand them without fail.

There's well known exorcists out there, who have serious credentials. I'd suggest you do your research, find out their chops and learn from what they have said. Just to be fair, you probably shouldn't spend all your time thinking about this subject. It's probably not healthy.

I feel like their Modus Operandi is similar to those outlined in pic related, though their nature and personalities are not.

Attached: tumblr_m6n0y3nymL1qaouh8o1_500[1].jpg (400x690, 140.46K)

You should read the ScrewTape letters by C.S. Lewis, or at least the first few chapters.

youtu.be/fFhLvycmdJ0?list=PL9boiLqIabFiwsdA4OSW2JX16SeBaovBL Some screw tape letters. Should help.

They wait for you to weaken yourself through sin, then they see an entrance and send you waves after waves of tempations, theny they built a sinful habit in you, reinforce it and then build another one on top of it.

Don't even think about demons. All you need to concern yourself with demons is how to avoid them. Don't think about them, don't give them fictitious names, don't get others interested in them by imploring them in some climactic story. People have a natural interest in demonology, and even what seems harmless may have negative spiritual consequences.

imagine a catholic priest.

Ah, I've just figured you're from /tg/ and are not a Christian. So, my #1 piece of advice is this: seek God. You'll never truly succeed in life without doing this.

Meisner Technique, I imagine.
hoo-boy … go on …
pretty much this. But …
Also, pic thoroughly related. If you HAVEN'T read it, do so this instant.

Well, yes, kinda. They manipulate human thoughts and desire for their anti-God purposes.
They're the ultimate terrorists: they've LOST the war for God's throne, they KNOW that their destruction is coming, so all they can do is terrorise the civilians and ambush the non-armoured units of God's army: we Christians. So, they'll confuse; alienate; destroy; corrupt; undermine; tempt; sow doubt in, sow discord between; cause emotional hurts to become wounds, cause wounds to fester, and cause festering to turn to anger, hatred, bile, and vengefulness; whisper ambition and selfishness into ears; whisper depression, dissatisfaction, hurt, disillusionment, resentment into the wounded; convince people to blame God for everything or to resent God for their lives; cripple the hurting, convince them suicide is a better path; and generally, in everything, undermine faith in God, undermine love, except the selfish kind, and defame the Lord in every way possible. As well as create hurricanes and earthquakes and house fires and all the other calamities that undermine faith.
The demons' lot is ultimately destruction. They know this. So their final act of "fuxxus thee" sorry, there's word filters to the Lord they rebelled against is to undermine us, crush our faith in God, cripple our effectiveness for God, not because victory will be theirs, but because it hurts the heart of their enemy.

A demon's raison d'être is pure spite

I imagine they were pretty busy during the crusades, as indeed every decade of human history, as there would have been a lot of discord and vengefulness to sow, not to mention setting unGodly men in charge of what might have been a Godly mission.

Attached: screwtape-letters.png (2560x1324, 1.93M)

Majority of fa/tg/uys are Christian, you bloody autist

They control your thoughts and desires. Meeting a real demon is a pretty good way to lose your belief in free will.

No they dont
Stop blaming your failures on others

My failures stem from confusion, not a concerted effort to fail on my part. But I’m pretty unique so that might not apply to most people.