Thoughts on Messianic Judaism?

Thoughts on Messianic Judaism?

Attached: Messianic-Judaism.jpg (800x800, 240.55K)

Depends …

Are you genuinely interested or will this be another Zig Forums "omg da jooos!" thread?

Why don't these people just call themselves Christian?

Genuinely interested.

a jew is a jew

I once asked an Orthodox Jew what they thought about the Hamessianics. He said, "We have a word for those! We call them "Christians"."

Zig Forums pls go and stay go

Sounds like an oxymoron

This.

If they're Christian, why are they still identifying as Jews? I don't think it's a coincidence that the pseudo-Christian kikes that just want to co-opt Christianity to support Israel always self-identify as Messianic Jews.

They seem a little confused, I'll give them that much. That's kind of like an avowed Muslim that prays the Rosary…

The earliest followers of Jesus still identified as Jews. What do you think the Council of Jerusalem was about? Messianic Judaisim is a legitimate form of Christianity since the councils decision was that ethnic Christian Jews must continue to observe the Torah while gentile Christians did not.

And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch.
It was about heretics trying to continue the old covenant
No it isn't, and no it wasn't. You are creating a distinction between Jews and Gentiles that does not exist. Read Galatians, read Romans. Jews and Gentiles share the same covenant in Jesus Christ, they do not experience their relationship with God in different ways. Unless a Jew becomes a Christian, he does not have Christ.

The moral law only remains.

James and Peter were "heretics"? It was their decision that ethnic Jews must continue to observe the Torah while Gentiles didn't.

Messianic Jews who observe Torah and believe Jesus was the Messiah are Christians and are saved.

I'm sorry, I wasn't aware they spoke for the judaizers
That is a lie. Cite the scripture. On the other hand

They are exceptions to ordinary jews and far too low in numbers to have any relevance. But any group, it doesn't matter who, that has uses the Star of Remphan unironically is against God

The Jews used to and in fact still do curse us in their Devilish synagogues. Three times a day Jewish men must pray the Amidah. In the Admidah includes the Birkat haMinim (The "Blessing" of the Heretics). It was composed at the end of the 1st century or beginning of the 2nd century, likely after the hypothetical Council of Jamnia, when the Jews formally began expelling Christians from the synagogues as heretics. The "blessing" reads as such:

Talmudic "Judaism" is evil. They are literally Pharisees. The Star of Judaism is a Kabbalistic symbol that has nothing to do with Biblical Judaism. As Christians, we are the true Jews, Talmdusits are devils! Obviously we must pray for their salvation, yet their religion has nothing to do with ours!

Now, there are certain practices from Biblical Judaism that may still be done today, but of course only Christians with a Jewish background or who are apart of a Church that retains a lot of Biblical Jewish customs such as my Church (Ethiopian Orthodox Church) may practice them, and gentiles or those of Churches who do not have these customs should stay in their lane. But things that are not from Biblical Judaism which many Messianics still retain are things like the Satanic Jewish star and the Talmud and many post-Temple developments.

If Messianic Judaism wasn't just a Protestant Talmudist movement I may not mind it as much but it is. Those Messianics who reject the Talmud I commend as true Jewish Christian brothers and sisters who have come to Jesus (who they call "Ye-shuah"). But the fact is is that many of them still believe in the Talmud.

If you believe in Christ, you're Christian, what we call Judaism now is looking for the anti-christ jewish messiah (because in ancient times before Jesus concluded Judiasm by fulfilling the Tora). Judaism rejects Jesus because he isn't uniting the entire world. That is like Christian Atheism.

Attached: Jews are the apocolypse religion to Christians -Marching to Zion.webm (1280x720, 3.6M)

They bring a lot of linguistic and theological insight to the body of Christ that's sorely needed.. but a lot of them are just TV type charismatics and have a lot of modern innovations/fluff associated with those.

Aborted child of Christianity and Judaism. In other words a disgusting heresy.

Because people then would probably greentext "Jewish" "Christians".

Speaking seriously though, the Jews evidently occupied a prominent role in the advent of Christianity. What Jews did convert in the past probably wound up joining which ever church suited them, but now the question would be complicated as to what they would do when converting to Christianity en masse. The ideal would be for their valuable Hebraic tradition to be incorporated and preserved rather than be condemned from memory like some trollglodytes on here would probably want.

I agree with all of that. It'd be no different than Greeks/Syrians/Irish incorporating cultural elements in their liturgies or songs.

Before this though, Christianity had some great saints who were Jewish, but just incorporated into medieval Catholicism. Like St. Theresa of Avila and St. John of the Cross.

Messianic Jews are the equivalent of Klansmen who recognize Jesus Christ died for their sins, but still remain Klansmen who do Klansmen things.

Attached: Tigger hanging from a tree (1937, colorized).gif (500x619, 34.26K)

Apparently some eastern churches might have been influenced by a mix of Hellenistic, Jewish, and Syrian traditions such as the Greek Orthodox Church of Antioch, the Syrian Orthodox, and the Melkites.
I've felt that Syrian Orthodoxy could be closet to the tradition and atmosphere of what the early churches might have been.
Ethiopian Orthodox are another who have a lot of Judaic customs.

Pick one user.
If you truly accept Christ you become Christian. If not you go to hell anyways. There is no middle ground. Why not call yourself a Christian?
Also read st. John Chrysostom. It will get your views clear and based on those issues. It helped me