Is Our Lady of Guadalupe pagan?

This is what I have read on Protestant websites and scholars seem to support it:

After the Temple to the Aztec Earth goddess Tonantzin was destroyed by Catholic missionaries at The Hill of Tepeyac, a small church to the Virgin Mary was built over the site. Natives still devoted to Tonantzin continued to make pilgrimages to the site and syncrenized Tonantzin with the Virgin Mary giving rise to the Cult of Our Lady of Guadalupe in Mexico. The image associsted with the cult was most likely painted in the 1530s by Marcos Cipac de Aquino, an Aztec convert to Catholicism. Initially this cult was opposed by the Franciscans for being an idolatrous syncrenization of Mary with Tonantzin, but the Dominicans supported the cult and their influence spread to Rome leading to the Pope approving the cult. It seems the tale of Juan Diego was invented in the late 16th or early 17th century to explain the origin of the cult.

So is Our Lady of Guadalupe pagan? Cathobros, what do you have to say?

Attached: 20171208T1236-13066-CNS-BYZANTINE-CATHOLICS.jpg (480x695, 77.19K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ds7nD_QNeKA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

proofs

Well the earliest literature on the cult doesn't make any mention of Juan Diego, and surely if he had existed them Archbishop Juan de Zumárraga (who was a prolific writer) would have made mention of him but he appears nowhere.

*then

How dare you insinuate the clearly shattered and idolatrous Babylon is actually worshiping idols and false gods.

Now if you don't mine I'm going to pray to and worship our lady of Santa Muerte.

Attached: ade90eeeb1885e0137f2d8569f32bd922adfbab770a4ada26580d5f1430c825e.jpg (541x720, 77.48K)

Literally anything: *comes from Mexico*
US evanangelicals: "is this paganism?"

youtube.com/watch?v=Ds7nD_QNeKA

He's a meme but this is a good video on the subject

To be honest Mexico's Flag is literally Huitzilopotchli, a powerful demon.

Attached: 1537572079879.gif (396x295, 2.55M)

I find it dubious for this reason and this reason alone. Satan fears Mary's feet over and against anything other than christ as it is her foot that will crush her head. If he's imitating our lady to deceive, her feet will be something he will refuse to imitate.

i see it on the left of the angel's hand

the easiest way to disprove that Virgin of Guadelupe is from Satan, is that it is responsible for the conversion of millions to the True Church. Satan cannot stand against himself.

Mexico's current downward spiral into nihilism/paganism is a result of the people of Mexico, not Our Lady.

Well, for my family, it's the site of a miracle. My grandfather made pilgrimage to the shrine and was healed of paralysis.

But a lot of white people would call us witch doctors….so….

Underrated post

Let anglos remain being anglos, pray for our northern neighbors who currently hold the world stage as they tend to unwittingly be the root cause of a lot of the problems of the world.

Pic related

Our Lady of Guadalupe's use of symbolism is important, the fact that she is standing in front of the Sun, wearing the stars and standing on the moon shows that she is above those pagan idols.

That pagan trash of the whole grim reaper is the anti-Mary, that garbage is only worshiped by the lowest members of Mexican Society who really have no relation to Catholicism and are basically heretics. Not to mention that it has been made popular through the uses of (((Hollywood))) with their stereotypical depictions of Mexicans as these tatted up bald head "ese" people.

Attached: Cristerowar.png (500x930, 100.79K)

It demanded a "temple" be built to it. Not to Jesus, to it. Obviously a demon

superb ameripost

Attached: 1394677007584.jpg (600x514, 40.07K)

When Christ asks why you called His Beloved Mother a demon, what will you say?

When Christ asks why you worshipped a demon in the guise of His beloved mother, what will you say?

Vade retro satana, because it would not be Christ that questions my faith or His Church.

sounds like a pretty good "demon" tbh fam

Thats assuming that Catholicism isnt heresy.

Superb tacopost

Why would the church that Jesus Christ founded be heresy?

Bingo

…. how'd he do that while not on earth?

Probably something stupid like they do about paying their relatives way to heaven…

Got confirmation of his paralysis as nontemporary as well as a checkup after showing he was "cured"?

Attached: b812df722f980e8e6bcb99ecd763fa08106d948691b4d5098f859d99d82ac084.png (384x313, 39.38K)

You’re a particular individual indeed, I hope you’re not like this to everyone you meet.

You don't believe in spirits, brother?
-God has servants. Of which The Holy Mother is one.
-Through the Holy Spirit. And genuine incarnation. Jesus appeared to the apostles and saints several times.
-Pay what? A; talking about being judged by Jesus himself. B; Literally who claims anything similar to that?
-Why would we doubt the works of God? Being familiar with the deceiver, it wasn't him.
Also, my grandfather is dead. Stabbed in prison, and made to bleed out for plotting a strike.

This will have to be posted a lot on this board

Attached: f70e62c82843baa1d13509937c7dc65759cc6dc3e358779ee6e25e40cc677d93.png (541x720, 946.57K)

it's authentic from my mama. God bless and meow to everyone else. I love my mom.

The image of Our Lady of Guadalupe is completely mindboggling just like the shroud of Turin. Why do some still go to such far lengths to slander it?

Attached: whydid.jpg (465x246, 28.36K)

Everything that isn't in the Bible is pagan.

Yup,

Asking for ridiculous claims to be substantiated? Only when they make ridiculous claims.

Learn to green please

Attached: 301db28e87b6f408206b38f20376cbc22065e0eaa124b2cdeec83765d9dfe20e.gif (450x252, 911.28K)

This board has been flooded with is Mary veneration idolatry threads. Not everyone is a proddie who believes anything not in the KJV is satanic. If the Pius X catechism says I can pray to Mary, invoke angels, and read a Bible that's not littered with semantic issues then it's fine and I'm still Christian because I fit within the Nicene Creed.

Attached: 1515298751131.jpg (495x362, 18.73K)

No, it isn't