How to spot a false non-Christian religion

1. They deny the deity of Jesus Christ. These include groups like Muslims, Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Unitarians, and Christian Scientists.

2. They deny the Trinity. These includes groups like Muslims, Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Oneness Pentecostals, Unitarians, and Christian Scientists.

3. They reject the authority of the Bible. These include groups like Roman Catholics, Eastern Orthodox, Mormons, Muslims, Seventh-day Adventists, and Christian Scientists.

4. They believe in works based salvation. These includes groups like Roman Catholics, Eastern Orthodox, Mormons, Unitarians, and Muslims.

5. They claim to be somehow connected to the original church. These groups include Roman Catholics, Eastern Orthodox, Mormons, Muslims, and Seventh day-Adventists.

As we can see, all of the groups listed qualify as non-Christian false religions. Preach the gospel to them brothers. For the past few Sundays I have been putting pamphlets on the windshields of people at a Roman Catholic church. I actually had one person from there stop by our church and get saved! We're going to start spreading the gospel to Mormon churches and Muslim mosques soon too.

Attached: holy-bible_c0-18-534-329_s885x516.jpg (885x516, 38.74K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_Science
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Just want to point out here that Catholics do not believe in a works based salvation, nor do they reject the authority of scripture, they simply believe that scripture is part of a deposit of faith passed down to us which includes both scripture and oral tradition. Peace

Attached: 1526895700618.png (1342x1940, 765.18K)

They're the traditions of God as passed down through the apostles.

This is incorrect.
This is how to spot a false non-Christian religion: they don't base their religion on the 4 gospels. That means Jews, Muslims, some brands of Gnosticism, Buddhists, Shintoists…

Those who base themselves on the 4 gospels are Christians, but they can be heretics. A heretic does not worship God but a demonic distortion of Him, because they get something wrong about Jesus. The main heresies that exist are:

- Docetists say Jesus was not incarnated in the flesh.
- Arians say Jesus was not God.
- Macedonians say the Holy Spirit, who is the presence of Jesus after His resurrection just as Jesus is the presence of the Father, is not God.
- Nestorians say that Jesus the God and Jesus the man are distinct persons. A variant of this is Iconoclasm.
- Monophysites say that after the union, Jesus only has one nature which is either human-divine or purely divine. A variant of this is Monothelitism.
- Modalists say that Jesus is the Father.
- Filioquists say that Jesus is the cause of the Holy Spirit's being.
- Mormons say that Jesus is not consubstantial with the Father and the Holy Spirit, and is not the creator of the world (and the Father has a body and is not the creator of the world also).

If the foundation of your religion is not Jesus alone, but rather the Bible, you may as well be a Muslim. If it is the exact ways soteriology works, your religion is born from medieval Catholicism. If *not* being connected to the disciples instituted by Jesus is proof of being the true faith, I don't know what to tell you. Do you think the Bible fell from the sky at the Ascension?

Small cult with self proclaimed illuminated leader that usually give his "teaching" through screams and emotional manipulation. Strong online presence as a way to recruit mentally unstable victims as members. Let the cops know if you notice anything suspicious because they're prone to mass suicide and terrorist actions.
Includes groups like IFB, Church of Almighty God, Peoples Temple, Aum Shinrikyo

Some of them, not all.

6. They create objects of worship/veneration and adoration.

Sounds like a great way to annoy us rather than converting us.

objections
that is a group, based not on affiliation but occupation. A Master in Chemistry, does not make you reject Christ divinity or trinity
Define trinity. There are many models that fall under trinity, but according to cathofags, only a singular model is allowed to be called trinity.
authority over what?
If he says do and you dont do, are you still saved?
thats new to me, expand

btw 6. is a confirmation, not rejection

Wait, I know I have read about that somewhere in the bible

Attached: tradition.png (663x157, 21.83K)

Iconoclasm wasn't a distinct denomination it was a period where the orthodox church was dominated by a belief that icons were idolatry

either by our spoken word or by our letter.
Why do you say the Bible is the ultimate authority then ignore it when it tells you to keep the oral tradition?

there is a diffrence between traditions from the origin of our faith and traditions created later by people fusing different religions together.

Agreed. Protestants who follow traditions created in the 16th Century like Sola Scriptura and Sola Fide which are doctrines they stole from Islam are foolish. Only the traditions passed down from God that are practiced by the Catholic Church can be trusted. Forms of Christianity that take cues from paganism like Protestantism should be ignored in favor of reliable apostolic tradition.

Amen

The Iconoclast hierarchies were excommunicated by those who remained Orthodox. It is because there ended up being this parallel hierarchy that Iconoclasm came back in full force in the 9th century and started infecting the Orthodox hierarchies again. Admittedly, this was not started by some rebellious priest or bishop as with previous heresies, but by the Emperor and the clegymen close to him.

Christian Scientists are a denomination. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_Science

Jesus is not some guy contained in a book. Primarily, Jesus is God, and the Logos. Secondarily, Jesus was preached long before anyone put the gospels to writing.
And thirdly, the Bible was put together for liturgical uses and to be the foundation stone and the norm of the tradition, not to contain the fullness of Christian religion in itself.

Nope
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_Science
works-based salvation posits good works as a prerequisite for salvation, faith-based salvation posits that faith is the only prerequisite for salvation and that the desire to do good works is a result of being saved.

tbh with you both sound perfectly orthodox to me. It depends of whether you put "salvation" when the race begins or "salvation" when the race ends, which seems to be semantics to me. Or rather, what is the difference between justification and salvation to you?

You forgot Baptists

Attached: BloodTimeline.png (2394x779, 248.66K)

It's another "neo-protestants don't understand that pelagianism got condemned by the Apostolics almost 1900 years ago."

people say this board is run by cats yet this flaming piece of eeyore thread still exists

I will never understand why Baptist’s think the Cathers and Albigenses were their ancestors. Literal Gnostics.

I’ll give actual Anabaptists come credit, at least they admit they started in the 1500’s.

Attached: BB3B799D-2EA7-43FE-800B-4973FABE59BF.jpeg (640x426, 62.84K)