Making sense of Christians

This is more for the USA. I'm heathen and am trying to understand christianity a bit. For one, how does it still function? I know Americans don't like to hear this, but the religion is totally seperate from the culture which I consider toxic. I did spend time around Christians and even considered converting but the people were absolutely rotten. I heard the whole judge not/you go to church for God speech, yet when it came to what makes the religion work, it was found lacking. In the states, when a town was being built the church was one of, if not the first building to go up. It was a source of community outreach that helped people, now it seems like a glorified social club. I'll admit it, I was in a bad spot with family, a very ugly mess that involved a restraining order against a violent relative and needed help. Don't get me wrong, the clergy was nice but wow the people were selfish. I understand why people would be leary nowadays, everyone has their hand out but come on, how is it the religion can even continue to function as something even remotely Christian? While Christianity was imposed on people it was the compassion, the agape that caused them to convert. Durr hurr you're gonna fry in hell BS aside, what honest draw is there to a religious system that is bigoted, spiteful and hypocritical? Where's the integrity? The accountability? The things that at one time made religion a real respected institution in the USA?

Attached: St_Hubertus-Tres-Bohemes.jpg (3537x2061, 684.89K)

Other urls found in this thread:

fox5sandiego.com/2018/10/05/group-wants-to-build-virgin-mary-statue-overlooking-border/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

P.S This isn't a troll thread, I'd rather have an open discussion. I love cultural Christianity, if they could enforce values like they used too and be the force they once were I'd be a lot more interested in them. St. Hubert is my fav, and I admire people like the order of Malta for the good they do and Catholic Charities is awesome, they do the job the rest of Christianity won't do, atleast here. Look at the illegals, all the bitching yet I doubt a large number of Christians opened their doors to these poor people. It was the Catholic Church who did anything. That took balls, the kind of stuff the Christ of the bible would have done vs. the Jesus of suburbia who really only cares about how many shekels you have.

not very good bait, but I applaud you for taking on the persona of an atheist from a defective family, most people wouldn't think of that angle.

Attached: 1462982466585.png (553x585, 147.27K)

Attached: 136554744588.jpg (1280x1267, 99.18K)

It's true though, I'm from a very defective family. Not an athiest though…

Attached: 05b041e2d2687341ebfa59df10c9dd025e5fc053c2ca60423cf958423cff719c.png (724x600, 456.8K)

Wanna know the secret as to why Christianity seems so screwed up? Because honestly very few people ever meant to be saved. If you want to know more about Christianity how about you read the Bible (kjv, because it’s actually based on the manuscript tradition, not recently discovered manuscripts). Faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God.

Where are you from anyway? It's hard to talk about one country in relation to another, if you can't contextualize it to something local.

It's not hypocritical, hateful, nor bigoted. Read it entirely and you'll understand why God made the actions he did.

I was like you before, but then I grew older and saw why it was necessary to have. You'll realize that Christianity the most sensible ideology to have in comparison to alternative ones.

Ahh calvanism, always took that to be one of the most dickish schools of Christian theology.

I'm american but i've traveled abroad. People are people, but American christians as a rule make me sick. They destroy their own families then let brown hoards swamp us.

I disagree, it is very hateful, hypocritical and bigoted. when your kind runs off at the mouth like you do, cherry pick your holy text then when it gets flung back at you and you cry persecution? Whelp….

Christianity as a philosophy is wonderful, thing is the religion is totally seperate from the culture which is quite toxic. Can't have one without the other and sadly that is why Christianity will always come up short, as a rule the people involved are trash.

Nice contradiction there faggot

So… uhh, is the way NOT narrow that leads to salvation?

It's easier for us to look at others for their clear and obvious faults, and wonder why they don't just fix them. It's often more difficult for us to even recognize our faults, let alone fix them. Remembering that will help you realize they may have acted wrongly, but it is from ignorance. Just as you and I have faults which we aren't even aware of, they may simply not be aware of their own faults, or that they are faults at all.

There is no need to be wrong when all he needs is help.

Either you accept God for who he is or you don't.
The best way to have faith is to read the Bible.
It's what did it for me.

Yet Christians have no qualms using them as a political tool. Let them in, leech off the system then let them run rampant. Oh, then complain when people turn anti immigrant. If you're going to let the third world in, let them in your own home. Don't expect society to carry out your own selfish, deluded wishes.

No idea, I just think Calvanism is vile, then again, Christianity as a culture can be quite vile.

Aaand here we go, typical confusion of Christian religion with culture. Where's the integrity? The personal responsibility? The accountability? That's the problem with your kind, you allow this behavior to continue to the detriment to society and when you're called on it it's the same old judge not lest ye be judged song and dance. Why not try to enforce morality like Christianity used too? Abortion is still very difficult to get in places like Germany and even more so in Poland, divorce and out of wedlock birth is shunned and family is valued. When does the hypocritical doublestandard stop?

I reject your jewish inspired suburbanite tales.

Careful with those pearls, boys.

Disappearing because of rampant secularism. People not being held to a higher standard and being encouraged to succumb to their most base emotional urges isn't the fault of Christianity, it's the fault of a culture that has rejected Christianity and sees it as a stifling stumbling block to achieving material gains.

We do. Again, the degeneracy seizing the west is not the fault of Christianity, it's a rejection of Christian morality which is the root cause.

You're overplaying your hand here.

Attached: 1514362263050.png (641x566, 67.02K)

I've asked myself the same question for years, The church that I read about in history books and hear about people talk about online looks nothing like the church i've seen in real life. And i've been in quite a few (grew up roman catholic, but have attended lutheran and reformed churches before). Not to turn it into a thing about denoms, since they all have their own unique problems.

I think it is entirely an American thing (i can only speak for my country). The concept of community has been completely destroyed in this country, nobody is accountable to anybody, not just in churches. Churches have grown too lukewarm to "not offend anybody". If a church acted like they actually cared about the Gospel and each other then people would label it a cult. Not that that is a bad thing.

Now I'm just confused.

Attached: low rent spymaster.jpg (642x508, 80.38K)

I agree with you except for the latter part, I'll happily overplay my hand when i have someone use lazy circular reasoning vs. something concrete and practical. Typical slacker tactics right there.

what country?

The immigrant thing wasn't the point, it was the idea that so many Christians here run off at the mouth yet when it comes time to commit they want someone else to do it. Put up or shut up.
Personally, I'd rather see our boarders shut off for 50 or so years until things are straightened out.

The same place they have always existed, with the individuals themselves. No amount of preaching or state control can ever give these, it is entirely within the individuals realm. At best, you think "Oh why don't churches get abortion banned or kick out members who behave poorly or excommunicate people" or whatever. Maybe they should do more, but just because something has the appearance of being proper, does not mean that it is. No amount of appearance is worth anything in comparison to a single genuine act, so why care so much for appearances? For example, your hypocrisy is rampant

That sounds well and good until it starts affecting society as a whole, your rights end where mine begin. Personally, while I'm all for treating people well, letting in 3rd world people with no skills is a bad idea, enjoy your cultural enrichment.

Well you said you were in the US, I dunno where you are but where I am the immigrant thing is more along party lines rather than if someone goes to church or not. That said, there's been a rather perplexing shift in some clergy to left-wing positions the last 10 years or so that quite simply wasn't there before (I'm old enough to remember, too).

I personally think it's a combination of chasing institutional/big business money + younger Gen Xers/Gen Y in general taking over (and they are pretty out there, as we have seen).

I dont like you and your post. If you cant understand why or how things are then stop trying because either your brain is small or you dont want to.

You idenified as a heathen lol

Here its very much a religious thing, it's either super conservatives living in the burbs or liberals in mainline protestant/catholic churches. Funny, you see more and more young people going the secular route and many are becoming quite reactionary. With the rise of Asatru/Heathenism you see the conservative streak really starting to grow. There are Asatru groups that reach out to white men in jail and in the military, basically what Christians here used to do in greater numbers till muh shekels came into play.

Forgot to add, for me it's not so much appearences, but action. Christians are fantastic at running off at the mouth but in the action and integrity part they tend to suck. Of course I lack genuine conviction, when people act like assholes I tend not to like them and in some cases laugh when bad shit happens to them.

bite me.

And now he is preaching his religion what a retard

Where? All I did was bring up how Asatru groups here are helping those many christians abandon because of muh shekels, that's it.

So what is your complaint? That the people in your church shunned you and your family problems while gladly talking about supporting others in hardship?

You can't blame your personal problems on others. You are in control of your own thoughts. If you lack anything in them, the problem lies on you, not others.

Buzz off pal. Im sure you will soon. Your ancestors Gods are shit and nazis are huge moralist with victim mindset. Even nietszche calls them out. So much for consistency.

Yes jamal is bigger and stronger than you and yes larping and role playin is even worst than overrated social gatherings.

Not so much that, it was more like the double standard. Would preach about morality, yet would just bitch about the homeless in the area and others not like them. Don't get me wrong, not a fan of the lazy but a lot of the homeless in that area were combat vets who needed help, the very people who would keep ingrates like that free. My own problems just added fuel to the fire and yep, there is a bit of a grievence on my part for poor treatment. And you're right, which is why i'm sitting back and smiling as the religious people here eat eachother alive.

Yet Asatru is making a huge comeback, doesn't help the Christians are all for letting in 3rd world pakis and other garbage people. Even here we have some pope in southern Cali who wants to build a 2 million dollar statue to the virgin mary on the US boarder. Your kind are traitors as far as i'm concerned. Also yep, Jamal is bigger, so what? It's not me who's getting raped, it's your white and delightsome brats who are burning the coal, I get to sit back and watch the fun.

*ops, not pope, cardinal/bishop. Here's the link.
fox5sandiego.com/2018/10/05/group-wants-to-build-virgin-mary-statue-overlooking-border/

I have friends in San Diego, things are already bad enough there and it's stuff like this that's making it worse, build the wall already and put armed guards on it who shoot first and ask questions later.

Its so funny that you didnt say anything about the other things i said lol. Asatru is not a scientific emperical belief but it gets a pass because it makes you feel like someone youll never be and hats with horns. Asatru is just snowtigger zionism. Im sure you people believe whites are the chosen people too.

Of course you're sitting back and smiling i mean what else could you do? Go out and get anxiety?

Depends, the Icelandic Asatru group is very much a fan of science, anyone with a bit of sense knows that Thor doesn't fly across the sky in his cart pulled by goats and Freija isn't in her cat pulled cart, they're archtypes. There are those who see them as real and those who don't. Kind of like Christians who believe the world is 6000 years old and people who vote a certain way are inherintly evil, gee who's the ignorant moron?

Yep, we're snowtigger but for the most part want to be left alone, it's historically been the likes of you as well as the jews and muslims who caused the most problems, we were happy to farm and ocasionally pillage among ourselves, so what?

I am sitting back and smiling, imagining the further cultural enrichment of your once pristine lands that you chose to ruin. Feel bad for the land but am laughing at your downfall. Let me know when your church gets one of those crecent moon things the kebab always have on their mosques.

So, in other words, you avoided the responsibility of doing anything for a problem you saw, the treatment of veterans, and you've decided to join a group that does all that for you, so you can, just like the people you've called hypocrites, do nothing about the problem while your play group LARPs around doing stuff for you?

Oh so a pagan whi doesnt think its real but its ok because his ancestors believe in it. What a fuccing retard.
Lol go die and get extinct. Theres no future for you. Skinny jews outsmarted your small brains. Only autistic white people are smart lmao.

Who cares what some creationist say, they might be morons but they have consistency. Unlike pagans who will abandon their materialist axioms just for pragmatism.

Lol that wont be happening. Many tried so and all failed. Meanwhile we actually replaced your whole religion and even some genocides here and there.

winnie the pooh off. This isnt a bait thread but its another way of you tipping your horned hat.

The fact that it's true and it's not there to appeal to your post modern sensibilities.

Attached: HnqcMEF.jpg (713x713, 85.3K)

STOP REPLYING TO BAIT THREAD

Actually, I do. Belong to a few organizations that helps out vets quite a bit. Also, I do support the troops. Also larp? Don't you have widows to swindle and little boys to rape?

Lol, look at your own kind, Christianity is on the way out. You're getting 3rd world converts but you're loosing white people, the ones with the money. Yep, you did genocide us a bit but the kebab are doing a better job than we ever could, how's habibs cock treatin ya?

In other words, logic trumps superstition. Go drink your jesus juice.

Typical Christians, emotion, superstition and personal attacks, no substance. This is one of the many reasons why your kind sucks, many hate you and love watching you die. Go be martyrs, it's win win no one has to deal with your kind and you get to be with your god. Take some kebab with you please.

Nope not at all, I just think the majority of your kind are hypocrites who play the persecution card when you're called out on it. Also I have family in cali, I blame corruption and greed. Also, other states busing their homeless out there. Thats been happening for decades, states give homeless and mentally ill people one way bus tickets out west and thats that, it's one reason why states like WA have the problem they have now.

Once again you've proven my point, christians for the most part are assholes, if your kind gets genocided by kebab, fine by me.

You don't have any logic, you only use emotion and personal attacks. You were literally and repeatedly arguing about how you can't believe in Christianity because the people in it make you unhappy from "people in it being toxic".

To be blunt, that's tremendously dumb. The faith isn't about forcing people to be nice like #punchingNAHTZEES, it's about improving your OWN character to be free of the vices that would harm you. You're going to stop following traffic law because some people disregard it?

That corruption and greed came from secularism because there's no line to be drawn for their morality. The corps that hold rainbow flags aren't nice. They just pretend to be nice.
I'm an asshole for telling the truth? Good, but keep in mind that your dishonest society is why your state is garbage in the first place. There's no point in creating anything good if you pretend that it's good. You don't draw a line for yourself, you just lie like the corrupt and greedy people in your state.

Like homosexuality and sodomy, right?

You think it's a gotcha, but it's bolsters my point. I'm arguing for the need to adhere to biblical text as it draws a line for the behavior that harms you. Secular morality doesn't, so it's easy to rationalize everything objectively bad if it's rebranded.

Buddhism does a fantastic job, as does confucianism. Old school European philosophy did as well. Considering Japan isn't swarming with kebab they get bonus points.

Lol its up to a point where you dont even know your own religion.

Yeah nah who cares if people winnie the pooh up. Its their lives.
winnie the pooh them. They are all junkies. Of course you dont know this because you dont go out retard.

Oh it's a LARPagan. No wonder his arguments were so terrible.

Attached: 6f97a54fe72008f2263c3eb0d82f5130fa902af9d59aa37793a4cf58e4b59646.png (1137x815, 1.09M)

Isn't there a bit of a disconnect here? Usually when you criticize a group for not living up to a standard of morality you're doing so from a morally superior position but that doesn't seem to be the case here. You seem just as terrible as the people you're criticizing, all too eager to mock and even will the misfortune of others. It completely undermines your point about Christians not living up to Jesus teachings when you yourself are in many ways just as bad if not worse.

Yes many Christians are hypocrites, that is because people in general have sinful natures and it takes a lot of individual effort to overcome that. There are many, many Christians who live their faith genuinely though and give everything they have to their communities.

Christ is the truth, the way and the life. Nothing changes that.

Also Pagans are far, far worse than Christians in every way. They have ZERO followers who actually believe their doctrine (Find one person who actually believes Odin exists as a real entity) and they're generally just left wing people who are looking for an identity. Even if only 5% of Christians are genuine in their faith that is millions more people than any other alternative.

Secularism has failed, paganism is simply a farce and the eastern religions are nothing but empty philosophy.

American, sorry if i didn't clarify. OP said he was in the US

Christian compassion at it's finest.

Says the loosing side lol

So in other words you're all words and no substance, typical christian. Quit spouting religious nonsense at me, it's annoying to hear about some worthless jew.

FYI, the vid is a good start, get the rest of your kind doing the same thing and I might pay attention.

You have no understanding of compassion. I doubt you had gone outside had a junkie ask you for money and lie to your face .

Lol enjoy your perma ban. Im glad your life sucks because it sure sounds like it from the soundof how mad you are.

…All the time where I used to live.

Typical of your kind, can't have your way and you act like a child, enjoy being replaced by kebab.

TBH he's right, the Allfather breeds with all kinds of people/things, Gods breed with giants and others all the time and yeah Thor crossdressed once, so what?

Everyone in this /thread is cancer, but I give bonus points for jewish tactics to OP.
Christians and pagans have no bussiness fighting each other when we have the literal synagogue of Satan and the muslim hordes to worry about.
This is typical D&C, and violent emotional masturbation of the highest order.
If you are a christian, you shouldn't respond to him, because he is clearly here to stir things up, and if you are a well-meaning pagan, you wouldn't hit the tone you are using now.
And if you're not well-meaning, no-one should care about what you have to say anyway.

I hope your Minecraft server is banned

Attached: 13077573-angry-priest-with-a-stop-sign.jpg (682x1024, 161.21K)

Then prove me wrong Christian, so far most of your kind have been rather unpleasant, real Christlike there. So far, this has been the only guy who caught my interest, mostly because I do volunteer and in my professional life I do help poor people for a living (Medfag, trying to finish nursing school).

Guy pulls the whole circular worship my book of fables nonsense without substance but atleast he's trying.

What is there to prove?
You can criticize every single human being regardless of creed or accomplishment and find a way to take a dump on them.
And that is what you are doing here. Hand out criticism, and expect everyone to take it well.
Well, they won't.
Your religion helps the poor and takes care of the weak? Good for you, and I admire and respect that.
But if you want to convince peopel that you religion is better, you are going about the wrong way.

So why don't you tell me, why are you here?

Mods, explain yourselves.

Meh, don't really have a religion per say, more like a folk practice. My beliefs weren't intended for the whole world.

Also read the first two posts…

Attached: 1538884595005.jpg (370x242, 52.93K)

Is Jesus white?

Waifuism thread was shit I'm glad it was deleted

I rest my case.

Have fun with the 9,352,233,234,234th iteration of the "Christians futily argue with bad faith LARPagan troll" thread then.

Attached: Architect.jpg (1159x515, 83.17K)