Begoming orthodox

I've prayed that God would lead me to the truth and not into delusion as well as daily rosaries, and my job has been making going to rcia impossible, I believe this is God's way of leading me to begome orthodox instead. On top of all of this, I no longer have the energy for the mental gymnastics of traditional catholicism and the crisis in the church, pray for me anons

Attached: 543534436.jpg (750x433, 34.57K)

Welcome back brother

praying for you

Dont let the door hit you on the way out

To all the orthodox: do you think this guy is really gonna stay in your church for more than a few months?

He said it was an answer to his players. I wouldn't even reply if it was another "hEy WhIcH cHuRcH ShOuLd I cHoSe GuYs" thread. In Orthodoxy, we believe that you communicate with God through prayer.

You haven't even completed RCIA and already want to switch because 'muh pedo priests'?
I guess you'll stay in Orthodoxy for a bit until you discover that some priests are corrupt (if you are in Europe) or that Americans turn everything into a liberal fest.

Attached: 48a83a84a80786964ddc319283bc965a.jpg (630x830, 71.1K)

CATHOLICS BTFO

Attached: giphy (2)

Take care, stay in contact with your spiritual father (the priest) and ask for recommended orthodox writings both old and recent to help develop your knowledge and mindset. Hope it works out for you.

Do know that whatever you choose if you went away because of corruption or muh pedo priests you won't find any comfort in the orthodox church either unless you put on a blindfold.

Church is in crisis, better leave now that evil is being discovered.
What kind of reasoning is this?

Ahh yes i forget catholics are actually Calvinists who rejoice when someone leaves the chuch so God can have another vessel for his wrath

OP wrote he was doing daily rosaries. I suppose this means he is not someone who is going to avoid the spiritual fight. If he does what the Orthodox Church teaches him, such as morning and evening prayers, fast, humility, then he will find by his own experience that the Holy Spirit gives joy in activities that to the outsiders may seem torturous. Now OP can say "I had heard of you by the hearing of the ear," and then he will be able to say "now my eye sees you". (Job 42:5)

I just don't want to worry about all this nonsense anymore, I just want to focus on my relationship with Christ and work on my salvation (something I've found hard to do in the RC framework). It's not as if I'm switching from Catholicism to Islam, I've reached the conclusion that the fullness of faith is to be found in either the RCC or Orthodox Christianity, and I'm not completely new to Orthodoxy either.

I'm not under any illusions that all orthodox clergy are perfect or even Christian, but the Orthodox Church isn't brought down by a bad priest or bishop. The Eucharist is the Eucharist, the liturgy is the liturgy, the faith is the faith, none of that becomes invalid because the supreme bishop on earth becomes a manifest heretic

Thanks anons, I've been to a few liturgies in the past, but now I feel like I can make the right decision and commit myself

Then do so.
I guess you're pretty new to catholicism yourself, but it will take a few years of daily prayer and devotion to reach a certain point where nothing will worry you except Christ Himself.
After a while you'll realize that a sacramental life is the most important thing of all, so you'll have to secure that

Neither is the RCC, people just tend to feel ashamed if a pedo priest gets exposed.
I on the other hand judge who need to be judged and go on with my life.
No need to feel bad because of someone else.

What I'm saying you don't leave in the middle of the battle. Let's say modernists prevails, it would be completely different.
But now they are unmasked, their immorality is known to the world, we can fight back finally.
You are leaving before a decisive battle, before knowing who won.

This tbh. We're literally on the verge of overthrowing the vat2 concilliars and niqqas are leaving because of the sexual abuse crisis.

We want this crisis to come out! It is our weapon against homosexual priests and their retarded vat2 boomerscum cardinals!

Does not orthos believe exactly e same thing? RCC and OC are not in communion and OC tends to have a lower opinion of RCC than the other way around
Where did you get that? The sacrament comes from Christ, the priest is an intermediator which means that even if he sinned the sacrament is still valid.
What?
Never heard of that. You should not go to holy communion if you ;re in a state of mortal sin, you should go confess first
You forgot the part about God being merciful and all that?
I would not say it is a sin….if you have no other options at all how could it be a sin. Yes it is invalid, the liturgy is corrupted. God will punish the clergies who gave way to it, not you because you attend it
post v2 heretic
the worst post v2 heretic
Logical conclusion of the corruption of the church after wwII.

You should check what catholics and orthodox believe. Not from one source - ortho or catholic, but BOTH of them before making the decision. RCC and OC ide of salvation and church is very similar, fe things you wrote there are clearly not true - validity of sacraments, etc.
You have a very distorted view of catholicism which stems from you taking information from doubious sources.

Roman Catholics engage in a bait-and-switch with the Papacy. Very few are forthcoming about the RCC's actual theology relating to the Pope, and his prerogatives, and becoming educated on the Papacy leads Catholics to ignore it/pretend it's not true, or engage in bizarre mental gymnastics about how the Pope isn't the Pope, or how the Pope (who is identified as having universal jurisdiction over the entire Church) isn't allowed to modify the liturgy.

Most Orthodox people I speak to are Catholics who have converted and they will all cite the same things: the incoherence of the papacy, and bad fruits.

My feelings too. Dang.

Got off work tomorrow, thinking about going to the Divine Liturgy.

Feeling like a traitor to my own people, abandoning them when perhaps raising a clamor might help affect change, this has been the one and only thing preventing me from leaving Latin Rite Catholicism thus far.

But, it is less compelling all the time. The truth is the truth, and if the Orthodox have a more compelling claim to liturgical legitimacy, nothing else matters. I want to think we Roman Catholics will rally and fight to restore devotion to the traditional teachings, but shoot I see no one has the desire to do it. Few people around me agree that modernism is a problem, fewer have the stomach to discuss it, fewer still have the gumption to confront it. Sure the sex abuses disgust people, but what will they do? Nothing. Probably just stop going to church. Roman Rite Catholicism slouched into accepting Vatican II's disastrous "reforms", even as attendance cratered, sex abuses happened all over, and the religion became totally unrecognizable.

Why should I think my people are going to do anything differently this time?
Why should I jeopardize my soul by clinging to the comfort of a convenient, familiar sect if I know it will encourage me to do things that will damn me to hell??

Attached: C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_MV5BNzMwMzczYzUtMDU2OC00M2M0LWFkMTUtN2UyN2VhMzk2OTA0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTY5MjE2Njk@__V1_.jpg (1080x1600, 334.89K)

Reasons to be Catholic instead of Orthodox:

The amount of Church Fathers who stress being in communion with the Church in Rome is enormous.

Catholics were able to continue to hold all-church councils after the Great Schism, the Eastern Orthodox haven't. The Orthodox tried to a few years ago with the Council of Crete, but once again the failed due to national bickering.

Catholics retain, to this day, a large amount of Eastern Christians (16 million I think), while the Eastern Orthodox maybe have only 5,000 Western-Rite Orthodox Christians MAX, and their Western Rite is based on an edited Anglican Mass. No Latins stuck with the East, but many Easterners stuck with Rome. I think that says a lot.

In the Council of Florence the Eastern Orthodox almost united with Rome again, but their Muslim rulers appointed bishops and messed with their affairs to prevent that from happening. The same still happens today. Many Orthodox are ruled by Muslims or Emperors who intervene in church affairs. The Pope and Magisterium ultimately own their own country and answer to no higher secular authority - therefore the Vatican is much harder to infiltrate than Orthodox churches.

The idea of national churches is terrible. I realize this is how Eastern churches (even many eastern Catholic churches) are structured. But once they lose their source of unity (the Church in Rome) it devolves into ethno/nationalist churches, which I detest the idea of… similar to how I detest the idea of a "African-American church" or "First Asian-American Baptist Church"… churches should not be related, much less based on, ethnicity or nations.

The Orthodox have deterred from the Apostolic teaching regarding two major things: divorce/remarriage and contraception. Many Orthodox, with a priests permission, are allowed to use contraceptives like condoms. This is in stark contrast to many Church Fathers who called having sex for a reason other than procreation first and foremost as "an insult to God's creation"… regarding divorce and remarriage they say they don't allow for remarriage, but they allow only 1 sacramental marriage, and recognize 2 civil ones. This does not add up to Christ's teachings that a man (or woman) commits adultery if they have sex with their new civil spouse while the other is still alive. The decision for 3 marriages is not based on anything Apostolic either, it is based on a precedent set by an emperor.

The Orthodox seem to avoid questions a lot and chalk things up as a mystery. Many of their stances where "mystery" come into play make no sense. For example in 2 Maccabees 12:39-46 the Eastern Orthodox actually do agree that the prayers of people can be heard of God before judgement of a soul, yet they deny Purgatory and chalk it up as a "mystery" to where prayers go for those who have died. It's rational that the dead would go to Purgatory. There is no need to chalk it up as a mystery. The Eastern Orthodox essentially do believe in Purgatory but it was never made dogma. The concept is called "aeriel tollhouses".

I felt shunned in the Greek Archdiocese of America's parishes for not being Greek. Not in a bad way but in a sort of "hey, these people are Greek, and over here are the non-Greeks". It felt very polarizing.

I had a problem taking the Eucharist under the appearance of wine.

A lot of excitement around Eastern Orthodoxy is just hype. It's not Catholicism and it's not Protestantism. It's fresh. It's hip. It's new to Westerners.

I enjoy Western Aesthetic (vestements, statues, church architecture, etc) more… but that really only has to do with Latin-Rite, not Catholicism itself which has 23 other Rites.

Even when I was Eastern Orthodox I had a very "legalistic Latin" mindset - I questioned everthing. I dug "too deep" into questions which were supposed to be a mystery. Priests would put me down for such questions but the Catholics have a huge book like Summa Theologica which is complete candy to someone like me with an analytical mind.

The Divine Liturgy, while very beautiful, felt very bizarre to me as a westerner. The Mass makes a lot more sense. I enjoy both Forms of the Mass, and the Traditional Latin Mass with its Gregorian chanting is so much more fulfilling to me.

You can get 90% of what Eastern Orthodoxy has to offer by becoming Catholic and going to a Byzantine Catholic parish, all without the national bickering.

The Eastern Orthodox churches are not in communion with each other in their totality. In Apostolic Christianity unity is found in the Eucharist - but Jerusalem and Antioch do not have Eucharistic relations, and as of a week or so ago the Moscow patriarchate just seperated from the Ecumenical Patriachate due to their decision to recognize an independent church in Ukraine, angering the Russian State which the Russian church has close ties with… but in the Catholic Church all 24 Rites are 100% in communion with each other.

Ariel Toll houses and purgatory are actually different things, Toll houses are part of judgement, purgatory is the soul being purified. Latin scholasticism is what gave us the specific idea of purgatory being a place of torture and punishment for x amount of years based on some ethereal stats chart of virtue and sin, the general idea of purgatory is based on truth but sometimes it really is better to call something a mystery. Also you've stated that Rome is harder to infiltrate, well there's plenty of evidence that it's already happened

10/10 post

This single sentence here
You can throw your entire post into a trashcan for this alone.
How about actually learning about concept (for MONASTICS) before posting bull like this?

Attached: 361269339934087cc8dc299c1a569c683d8f2496940d1159715d606f667ae1f8.jpg (409x618, 58.4K)

What on earth are you taking about, you starry eyed optimist?? Pic related.

Dude, if this is your line of thinking, you're essentially saying that the approval of our fallen world validates the legitimacy of Christ's message. Revelation paints a starkly different picture.

Good for you, I guess, but how is this supposed to be persuasive to others?

Attached: wp_ss_20181014_0001.png (428x344, 40.03K)