Pope says abortion like hiring 'contract killer'…

Pope says abortion like hiring 'contract killer'…
Pope Francis this year opposed a bill that would have legalized abortion in Argentina

archive.today/2018.10.10-143442/https://www.france24.com/en/20181010-pope-says-abortion-like-hiring-contract-killer

VATICAN CITY (AFP) - Pope Francis on Wednesday compared having an abortion to hiring a "contract killer". "Interrupting a pregnancy is like eliminating someone," Francis said in an address to worshippers in the Vatican. "Getting rid of a human being is like resorting to a contract killer to solve a problem," he added.

"Is it just to resort to a contract killer to solve a problem?" His comments departed from the prepared text for his homily delivered during his weekly audience on Saint Peter's Square. In his address, the Argentine pontiff complained of a "depreciation of human life". He cited wars, exploitation and what he called a culture of wastefulness, as well as abortion. "How can an act that suppresses innocent life be therapeutic, civil or even human?" he asked. Francis this year opposed a bill that would have legalized abortion in Argentina. In August a lay campaign group said thousands of Argentine Catholics had renounced their membership of the church to protest against his opposition to the bill.

Attached: the-inquisitir.png (670x409, 418.88K)

Wow, the Pope made a…Catholic…statement…

He really should have made this statement before the Ireland vote on abortions.
I'm glad he said it, but seriously… a bit late.

He's correct, but this kind of minimizes what abortion actually is. It's more than just paying someone to murder another human being. Abortion is that plus the added aspect of moloch worship pushed on us by the people who murdered God Himself.

Zig Forums poster says shuffling Pedophile Priests around is like protecting 'contract torturer'

If thousands leave the church over a political issue, they never believed in the first place and nothing was lost. These "thousands" were probably entirely non-practicing, hadn't been in a church in ten years, and said something stupid based on how angry they were.

But will he put his supposed faith into works? Don't count on it.

Hilarious part is, doing something about it would convince some protestants to convert.

Probably somewhat true
Our church collapsed from not having an even remotely sensible theology. When you start calling sin freedom, it all starts to go down hill.

The rise of evangelical churches was a counter to the wishy-washy mainstream. They're usually very anti-abortion, anti-free "love" (sex), etc. Unfortunately, the evangelical churches are run by God-fearing theological infants. Upside, corruption is recent and most pastors open to being wrong about their biblical interpretation. Downside, it's like trying to figure out Christian all over again but with everyone know knew Christ having been dead 2000 years.

I think the Catholic church is wrong about a few important points, but the Evangelical groups are often wrong about many, many less important points and sometimes important points too.

He could literally turn to the supreme court of the US right now and say "overturn roe vs. wade or yoyre excommunicated" and the majority of legal abortions in the world would cease within a month.

Debatable, since most are more "catholic" than the official catholic church and theologically consistent.
Regardless, the inaction is absolutely pathetic and shows that it's not a real issue that they care about.

Interesting times for the Vatican when even Spergolio has to get actually follow his own doctrine.

He just said some words in the media, he didn't follow anything.

Attached: 1520110610296.jpg (292x282, 12.28K)

Tbh he should have said it sooner, loudly and repeatedly.

Nice diversion from the homopedo priest scandal I suppose.
What a PAPA

true dat

You made me visit that place. It's a swarm of atheists debating a few Christians all the time. If they had a distinct section about debate with atheists maybe it would be better.

This.

An employee at Ryerson University goes H.A.M. on university-approved pro life display.

Even when I was an atheist, I knew abortion was murder. Even when I was more liberal, I knew it had an affect on women’s mental health.

Attached: latest.png (559x360, 210.62K)

He's right you know…can't rape a dead child.

is this the Richman and Lazarus all over again?
We are told to reject abortion all the time, if these people don't have heard it thousands of times already, they didn't have catholic parents, didn't go to a school with religion studies, never go to mass and never took any sacrament.

And by the way the Pope says rejects abortion all the time, do you think the secular media is going to report about it? Are they going to report every mass and every message he sends to the people? I have never seen the media reporting on the message he usually sends to March of Life supporters after each rally. Last time there was not even tv cameras and we're supposed to be a catholic country.

Attached: rich_man_and_lazarus.jpg (300x398, 37.57K)

I saw he'd said this and thought of you guys. See? He's not entirely librul

Attached: heh.gif (480x215, 490.71K)

Only the ones who don't know the issues of the Reformation. There are many protestants who are just like lay catholics, they're along for the ride but don't really practice what they preach.

Antinomianism reveals a lack of faith in God's word, and even hatred of it as you say when sin starts to be called "freedom".

Huh, the antipope actually says something catholic? Something's up

Oh, okay. Very tactical.

Totally didn't see this olds coming

This.

It's not "like" contract killing, it is contract killing.

He's not liberal at all. He's just a retarded boomer who won't admit he has made any mistakes.

they are expecting the one to return soon.
thus they have to reduce the risk of aborting him.

I have never this level of retardation. I mean, it's some random university so it checks out of course.

Attached: That is a whole lot of stupid right there.jpg (1176x500, 96.67K)