What’s your favorite book of the Bible and why?

What’s your favorite book of the Bible and why?

Attached: 13262755-5EFC-4CD2-BA09-5CF8193AF921.jpeg (355x355, 51.4K)

I like Wisdom of Sirach. Choc full of useful life advice. Wisdom of Solomon is good too

Attached: b02f6c0930d775ede49064f7e13092a6.jpg (800x1200, 140.27K)

Job or Matthew

Job cause it emphasizes Faith's importance and Matthew cause sermon on the mount

The first time I read Ruth was extremely comforting and helped to grow my faith.

the book of Enoch, it's very exciting!

ሠላም ወንድም

If you can’t read that you’re just a LARPer

Old Testament: Daniel, because of its descriptions of Jesus as Ancient of Days and it’s application to today

Duterocanon: either Wisdom of Solomon for its poetry, or 4 Ezra for its trippy visuals and for supposedly inspiring Columbus to look for America

New Testament: 1 Corinthians for the Love passage

Pseudoapigrapha: some of the Nag Hammadi stuff, although heresy, is beautiful in its poetry (Thunder Perfect Mind is a good example)

Not sure I could hand-on-heart says I have a favourite, as such.
Job and Ecclesiastes are where my tent is right now.

Pretty cool guy

>following the (((Judeo-Protestant))) canon

Luther plz

Job - gotta love how people who regurgitate "muh problem of evil" arguments had an answer thousands of years ago.

John - to me it's the most touching and personal of the Gospels.

Either Revelation or Matthew in the new testament, I haven't finished the old testament yet so I have yet to find out which of those is my favorite.

This. Sure the jewish non-deterministic version of free will answers it, but Job is much better and actually Christian.

ENOCH

Gospel of Matthew, because I've actually read it

>following the (((Judeo-Augustinian))) canon
Nephilim plz

please explain. I am unversed in how it answers "problem of evil" arguments, and I really want to know more about it.

Wisdom of Solomon and Sirach are in the Bible though?

Attached: Christchan8.png (721x790, 158.56K)

The conclusion of Job is that our perspective is far too limited to understand the grand design of creation. God has a universal perspective and understands everything, so to us what might seem like meaningless suffering can actually have a very important purpose in the overall function of creation. Ultimately we need to accept that we're simply a being that lives for 80 years on a spinning ball of rock and we'll never understand reality on the same level as God so all we need to do is accept that things have purpose and trust in God, because he's much better positioned than us to make judgements about what is necessary.

Ecclesiastes also touches on the issue at the end by saying that all deeds will eventually be brought to light and rewarded or punished accordingly. So even though here on Earth it might seem injustice prevails too often, in the end justice will win out when God tips the scales back at the final judgement. Again, there's nothing you can do but trust God and live your life by his commandments, so do that and don't fret about things you can't control, let God take care of it.

Ah, I see. Thank you christanon, I appreciate your explanation!

Old Testament: Job
New Testament: Gospel of John
Deuterocanon: Second Maccabees

the one where rabbi y*shua got crucified

Attached: 4d37557d7cf8d0b9c1a662bc9f79fff977243f2dfc6636b69f80ff6957dd69c1.png (720x634, 1.01M)

Mormon :^)
Actually, I probably like Ecclesiastes or Ecclesiasticus the best.

I just started job and I have no idea what they're saying most of the time. All I know is job wishes he had never been born and his friends are trying to comfort him.

Table of Contents, though it's a little difficult to follow.

Sirach, so far.
It's very wise. It helped me a lot to not make the same mistakes I used to do.

Read in in a contemporary language translation if you can't follow it. Job was written to be a 4 person play with people actually speaking each role

>There's nothing wrong with my "Bible" having 66 books because I give credence to post-Christ jews who removed 7 from it and I should also disregard the fact that said removed books are quoted in the NT.
Why are protties such brainlets? It's baffling.

Attached: 1514396785235.png (645x729, 105.02K)

Do you honestly think that the uninspired like wisdom of Sirah was the major points of the antagonists of the reformation? It was rarely brought up until the Jesuit order were formatted

That means "second canon" and it has nothing to do with considering them less canon than other scripture. It has to do with the fact Christians consider those books scripture while Jews do not (because they support Christianity too strongly).

Annotations are your friend for the complicated books; rereading in close succession is good too.