Are Unitarians allowed on this board?

Hey guys, kinda new here. What do you think of Unitarians? I go to a Unitarian Church and consider myself a Christian. My beliefs are rooted in skepticism though but I do believe in God, and I believe Jesus was the Son of God in the sense that God destined him to be the greatest moral teacher in history and for his death to be an example to us all.

I do read the Bible but I take Biblical Criticism seriously so I don't generally hold it to be infallible or anything silly like that. I try to interpret it within it's historical and cultural context such as the myths of the Torah and the Greek Philosophical elements in the New Testament. Before I used to be a Fundamentalist but I snapped out of it a long time ago and I feel reading the Bible critically actually makes it more interesting. I hope you guys are open to people as diverse as me though. :)

Attached: FirstUService1.jpg (500x334, 145.64K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unitarian_Universalism
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No, because they're fundamentally walking out of the Abrabramic/Apostolic teaching of God and the Nicaea creed, which this board abides by.

Yes, but they're not considered Christians here (only those who adhere to the Nicene Creed are) as per the rules.

No, you are not allowed on this board.

Are you allowed on the board? Of course, if you bring actual conversations and don't just shitpost you can be here all you want
Are you Christian? I don't believe so, anyone who denies the divinity of Christ and the nicene creed is non-Christian

>I take (((Biblical Criticism))) seriously
If you want to propagate that nonsense then you aren't.

Literally what? If you're a prot that believes in Sola Scriptura what do you actually believe in? We aren't called to be tolerant, or merely "nice", we're called to be men of God, and to keep His law
I really can't tell if this is bait or if you're just very lost, if it is bait then good job big guy

No, the bare minimum for being accepted as Christian here is to believe in the Holy Trinity.

every time

Attached: 865f96fe8b0d7b91e602d0ca8824d2945bb79aa3a5970ca0d41addbd3203576a.jpg (680x491, 41.13K)

Huh? What does sola scriptura have to do with anything? Why do you people bring this up every thread?

Jesus Christ is God.
God is three persons.
If you deny this, you either
Or

All are welcome here, but we can’t call you a Christian if you don’t believe that Jesus is the only way to heaven, and that He’s the Son of God.

I bet your "church" hangs a rainbow flag and a sign that says refugees welcome. Disgraceful.

His church is Prot and accepts Sola scriptura right? It then says that Scripture is not infallible. Therefore it has no moral authority, because it has rejected everything but scripture, and has also rejected scripture. That's all I meant, I wasn't even saying anything attacking SS big guy

"Whoever welcomes this little child in my name welcomese, and whoever welcomese welcomes the one who sent me. For whoever is the least among all of you, he is he greatest."

"But master, we saw someone driving out demons in your name, amd we tried to stop him because he doesn't accompany us."

"Do not stop him for whoever is not against you is for you."

*Me

Unitarians were never sola scriptura. They were rationalists from the start

Letting the little children be welcomed into churches that openly accept Gay marriage and deny the divinity of christ doesn't seem like a great idea man. They're not for us at all, they're for modernity and a perversion of God's law

I mean, you're not arguing with me, man, that's what Jesus said. You're arguing with Him.

Are you even trying? The Jesus they invented is only a man. If they don't worship Jesus, they don't follow Jesus. I'm honestly shocked this thread is still up with such blasphemy and heresy.

That's like sayig that Muslims are followers of Jesus because they think hes a pretty cool guy,

Unitarians recognize a figure called Jesus, but the thing they call Jesus looks nothing like the Jesus of Christianity

They deny the divinity of Him. Therefore they are against him, and do nothing in His name. I don't see how that's difficult to grasp

Maybe other translations are different but he says they are "for us" not "with us". For us, as in for us to use. You're short sighted.

You're not christian because you do not believe Jesus Christ is God. The very minimum to be considered Christian is to believe in the trinity.
You are welcome to post here but you are not christian.

And how would we "use" heretical teachings?
You're trying too hard to force comparison of a situation to scripture either out of benefit of doubt, or ignorance. The man casting out demons in His name actually believed Jesus was who He said he was, which is why he could excorcise.

How do you know this? I am genuinely not aware how you know this.

Because it makes no sense to cast out deamons in the name of some guy or in the name of some prophet, you would only cast out deamons in the name of God.

And this is where Unitarians lose, they believe Jesus was inspired by God, not that he was God

Also god says that we can know them by their fruits and we've all seen the fruits that congregations like Unitarians bear

Unitarians are welcome here in the same way atheists, Muslims, and other non-christians are welcome here. That is welcome to particpate and learn, not welcome to spread and promote their apostate modernist progressiveism they try and pass off as Christianity

Attached: Pride-Fest-3.25-22.jpg (2016x1512, 992.2K)

Unitarian Universalism (UU)[2][3][4] is a liberal religion characterized by a "free and responsible search for truth and meaning".[5][6] Unitarian Universalists assert no creed, but instead are unified by their shared search for spiritual growth. As such, their congregations include many atheists, agnostics, and theists within their membership. The roots of Unitarian Universalism lie in liberal Christianity, specifically Unitarianism and universalism. Unitarian Universalists state that from these traditions comes a deep regard for intellectual freedom and inclusive love. Congregations and members seek inspiration and derive insight from all major world religions.[7]

The beliefs of individual Unitarian Universalists range widely, including atheism, agnosticism, pantheism, deism, Judaism, Islam,[8] Christianity, neopaganism, Hinduism, Buddhism, Daoism, Humanism, and many more.[9]

Both Unitarianism and Universalism were originally Christian denominations; they still reference Jewish and Christian texts. Today, the Unitarian Universalist approach to the Christian Bible, Hebrew Scriptures, and other sacred works is presented by the UUA:

While Unitarianism and Universalism both have roots in the Protestant Christian tradition, where the Bible is the sacred text, we now look to additional sources for religious and moral inspiration…. We celebrate the spiritual insights of the world’s religions, recognizing wisdom in many scriptures.

When we read scripture in worship, whether it is the Bible, the Dhammapada, or the Tao Te-Ching, we interpret it as a product of its time and its place,…not to be interpreted narrowly or oppressively…[S]cripture is never the only word, or the final word.

From the beginning we have trusted in the human capacity to use reason and draw conclusions about religion…[E]ach of us ultimately chooses what is sacred to us.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unitarian_Universalism

A Christian is someone who acknowledges that Christ is God. Otherwise Muslims would be Christian as well.
Like patristic commentaries (that even btfo those modernist ideias about the bible) or the criticism of tiggers that never when to church and think theyre smart?
Lol are you kidding me? Then how do you know what Christ said was really what you think he said? Other you accept what the Bible and the Tradition says about him or you're just taking guesses in the dark
What myths? The ones other civilizations borrowed from the Jews? Lmao. I'd like those faggot to prove me those myths didn't come from the first humans that were actually faithful to God but ok kid. Besides there's no myths nor Greek shit in the NT. The Greek stuff are adaptations of the Greek philosophy to Christianity, in an attempt to make that shit agree with the faith.
From the frying pan into the fire
There's no diversity in Christ.
"Jesus Christ, yesterday, today and tomorrow. The same forever"

Its laughable that you still call yourself Christ. Best case scenario you are a deist you likes the Jesus portrayed by the Illuminism.
At least Muslims believe jesus was an holy profet from God.
At least Jews believe that their scriptures are inspired
At least any religious man believes in a supernatural world.
You are nothing. Only a glorified atheist.
Repent brother before it's too late.
Don't take this as an insult.
Just read the history of the Early Church and you'll know why Christians are Christian.
t. Catholic Physicist (and I say this so that you now that it's possible to be a scientist and believe in a supernatural world, materialism is a shitty philosophy nothing more.)

Attached: 7f0698d0901a8930f552e21531bdf4cf0c8f1d64353ee58c6d0d1480f072f63a.jpg (402x600, 26.19K)