Leviathan

What is the Leviathan mentioned in Job 41

Attached: d2-sea-monster.jpg (1100x1270, 210.33K)

Probbly ur mum lol

"The whale has no famous author, and whaling no famous chronicler, you will say.

The whale no famous author, and whaling no famous chronicler? Who wrote the first account of our Leviathan?"

-Moby Dick

Cthulhu

It could easily be something that is extinct today.

It's a hydra. The psalms describe it as having many heads

I originally thought Leviathan and Ziz were dinosaurs, an Elasmosaurus and a Pterodactyl or really large Archaeopteryx. But the fact that Ziz was large enough to block out the sun, and Leviathan having had the ability to spew fire makes it unlikely, though this could just be hyperbole. Behemoth on the other hand I'm not too sure since it could be any gigantic land animal.

The same serpent in genesis and revelation.

Jet plane?

Behold the Mosasaur. A marine reptile with some species that grew to about 50 feet long, and possessed overlapping shield-shaped scales.

Attached: image.jpg (800x212, 34.69K)

Loch Ness Monster, St. Columba encountered it.

Nein. Plesiosaurs had smooth skin my friend.

An ancient imagistic personification of the chaotic world outside of the human sphere. Later biblical authors apply this symbol to describe the fearsome nature of Satan, and God's victory over him.
Most certainly not a flesh, and blood creature.

This. People forget that early Jews were heavily influenced by polytheistic religions.

Jehovah with one word created the Sun, the Moon, and the Stars. He stretched out the skies like a tent cloth to shroud the Deep, and placed his secret court above the skies, founding it upon the Higher Waters. In creating, Jehovah rode above the Deep, which rose against him. Tehom, queen of the Deep, sought to drown out Jehovah’s Creation, but he rode against her in his chariot of fire, and bombarded her with hail andwith lightning. Jehovah destroyed her vassal Leviathan with one great blow to the monster's skull, while he ended Rahab by thrusting a sword into her heart. The waters fled backward, awed by the voice of Jehovah, and Tehom fearfully surrendered. Jehovah shouted his triumph, and dried up the floods. He set the Moon to divide the seasons, the Sun to divide day and night. Observing Jehovah’s victory, the Morning Stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy. Thus the work of Creation was completed.

Leviathan is the demon Female homosexuality according to Fr Ripperger

Complete garbage

It’s the devil. Please recall other descriptions of the devil in the Bible.

Leviathan=Devil=Evil
Behemoth=Elephant=Good

You have it backwards.

How do you mean? All I said was who Lotan was.

Attached: Lev-Beh-Ziz.jpg (1068x679, 1.07M)

Its a reply to
and
He's saying Christianity influenced polytheistic religions instead.

Oh, and Behemoth was a giant Ox, a symbol of fertility within the human realm, and not a Dino.
See

The evidence seems to point the other way, but I don't care either way. It also makes no difference to my initial claim.

I’m saying polytheistic religions were influenced by the truth, which is found in the Bible (written later). Only atheists believe that other religions inspired the Bible.

If that's what you believe, I have no qualms with you.
However that doesn't change the fact that these are primarily symbolic representations of the grandness of God's creation, and most certainly not dinosaurs.

*quarrel

Because it proves the existence of men and dinos living together? Just admit it cucktholic, the self proclaimed Pope is lying about his evolution religion

This reads like bad fanfiction. You can't seriously be quoting this, right?

What's the ROCOR's position on the recent schism?

citation needed

Attached: 1462481185449.jpg (396x338, 18.82K)

Never said dinosaur.

I guess you just assumed it was his video since he's in the thumbnail, without watching it.

yikes

I thought Book of J was Harold Bloom's radical "restorative" (yeah, right) edit which he thought was vastly superior to the version we have now and on par with Shakespeare (yeah, right). (I kind of would like to see the result out of morbid fascination as long as doing so doesn't involve spending any money.)

That text in is really bad. Was Harold Bloom's self-delusion really that severe or was that snippet something else than Book of J after all?