What's are your thoughts and feelings on single serve packaged communion cups...

What's are your thoughts and feelings on single serve packaged communion cups? Do they cheapen or make Christianity more accessible?
>celebratecommunion.com/prefilled-communion-cups.html

Attached: TIjxwSKQ5uoIzVqfvEOVXqfVB93oYj8-jPGldRFjY7w.jpg (576x768, 50.69K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pyx
twitter.com/AnonBabble

A different kind, what type of pre-packaged communion cups would you prefer?

Attached: images (2).jpeg (679x451, 20.45K)

This has got to be one of the dumbest ideas the Church has come up with.

Attached: Tfw i only have friends in school because i always _e8446ae6e283596ce0e2bba3e270be44.jpg (325x268, 20.27K)

Absolutely it cheapens it. Christianity should present an alternative to the culture of the world, otherwise it just enters simple free market decision making. If I’m going to listen to rock and roll, I’m gonna listen to rock and roll by competent musicians with a crazy passion for experimenting with their music instead of listening to generic rock and roll that mentions Jesus. If I’m gonna eat mass produced food prepacked in plastic, is rather eat some delicious sugary garbage bursting with flavor instead of some bland bread and wine. If I’m gonna watch a movie, I’m gonna watch a movie with an insane script and great actors and a bunch of exciting action scenes instead of some generic feel-good movie about some suburban guy struggling with his faith for an hour.
I want chants. I want communion given to me by a priest. I want iconography. I want to know that I’m following a faith thousands of years old that was given to us by God!
Attempts at “normalizing” Christianity and making it more palatable just make it feel empty and arbitrary.

I don't understand how this commercial product makes Christianity more accessible, if you read the Bible, God repeatedly says He looks at the heart and not what man sees. Religious rituals with a distant heart is a complete waste and you're only fooling yourself.

I assume you could do house services to elderly people or place the communion packets in rations, at least hypothetically

It's sacrilegious plain and simple.
Imagine reducing God's sacrifice, the most important ritual of christiniaty to a biscuit and grape juice;

This is heresy. Holy winnie the pooh.

It is a mockery of the sacrifice of Christ
Satanists love to mock Christ and the sacraments btw

It’s ridiculous.
T. Prot

Memorialism was a mistak now we have 'fast food' eucharist

I honestly don't know how any Christian can see stuff like this and still think that American style Protestantism is not a complete corruption of the Christian faith

Truly foul. A diabolical attack on Our Lord.

I don't quite see how it's supposed to be consecrated. Would the priest just plonk down one big box of them on the altar during mass, or would it be pre-consecrated?

The only real problem I see with it is that it facilitates the profanation of the host. The host isn't meant to be carried anywhere outside the church, so there's no point in packaging it. Perhaps it could make sense as a product for priests who frequently have to administer communion to the sick, but it's not like they can't manage it either.

The only application I can see for these is in a hospital setting where storage of "food items" is an issue. Giving a priest access to them should someone in an ICU situation need communion.

Otherwise, it's a really dumb idea.

Attached: TheBodyOfChrist.gif (480x318, 1.16M)

when you think about it, the hard communion wafers we use are highly proceeded and mass produced as well. If we're serious about keeping to the tradition shouldn't we have some people in the church bake some fresh unleavened bread prior to each mass?

Attached: untitled.png (300x168, 116.57K)

So does the normal stuff.

There we go.

Just as evil is not an object in the hand, nor is good. Having a volunteer baker just for show would mean spending resources that could otherwise accomplish more than show. Who provides those resources?

The world isn't going to collectively adjust their lifestyles for this; the investment of time is going to come out of the charity they give. "Change thy ways to suit my ego" is every swivelchair evangelist's crusader helmet.

Friendly reminder medieval depictions of hell include clerics with tonsures.

How is a one-solution-fits-globe plan supposed to break us away from efficient mass production?

The only people who get mad at it are retards. As long as you know what they represent and why you take them, it doesn't matter what it is

Kinda defeats the point.
(16)  The cup of blessing which we bless, is it not the communion of the blood of Christ? The bread which we break, is it not the communion of the body of Christ?
(17)  For we being many are one bread, and one body: for we are all partakers of that one bread.

Attached: pre-packaged-communion.jpg (454x500, 52.13K)

There is something called a pyx that is used to distribute communion in unconventional settings (i.e. not at mass in a sanctuary of a church).
This is blatant irreverence, and the only time I've encountered something like this has been at protestant (methodist?) churches. Saddens the heart, but just another sign that in these modern times, all standards are under attack and have been done away with.
(everything for """(((tolerance)))""" the true idol and false god)

I used to go to a church that used these. On the second Sunday of every month(which is when we had communion) there would be greeters standing at the door and giving them to people as they walked in.

as a standard?

When would it be allowed?

HAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA HAAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAH
hahahahaa

What was said church like? I want to get a glimpse into the mindset.

These are pretty much commonplace in every church here. I haven't seen real stuff since I was a kid.

Regardless of denomination.

this is worse than priests engaging in drug fueled orgies.

never seen an orthodox church IN MY AREA/COUNTRY use that garbage.

Based on the website, the main reason for these sealed cups is the ease with which unprotected grape juice turns into wine. I can only imagine what these people imagine the people of the past used for communion outside of the grape harvest season.

I think these cups are a horrible idea. They even have a version with white grape juice for that elusive bloodless feeling!

NO

Sure, for Modernists that have already stripped out any feeling of tradition or reverence.

However, in the situation names, yeah it would be fine.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pyx

This is absolutely disgusting. In my church (Orthodox) we use freshly baked bread and Christian wine and partake of it in eucharist immediately after it is transformed into the Body and Blood of Our Lord Jesus Christ.

My church went back to the goblet method, allowing anyone to dip a ripped piece of baked bread in the goblet. However, this was in the winter season and on a day my father had a cold (among many others in the church) which made us realize how unsanitary this method can be.

In the past, plastic shot glasses where brought around on a giant tray for everyone to take with their chip so we could all drink & eat at once after the prayer which we ended up preferring over than this.

I understand why people would deem communion above plastic containers, but what do you guys think of plastic separate cup for sanitary purposes or how to make a more traditional method more sanitary for that matter?

Attached: download (1).jpg (1000x1000, 73.77K)

You have to understand:
When you have your entire religon based around the bucking of tradition and seeing God as just another commodity that’s bought and sold, nothing is too sacreligous. Heck, one could argue televangelists and internet sermons are on the same level, since they commodify the Liturgy of the Word.