Steven Anderson is GNOSTIC

Irenaeus contra Gnostic

3. For this purpose, then, he had come that he might win her first, and free her from slavery, while he conferred salvation upon men, by making himself known to them. For since the angels ruled the world ill because each one of them coveted the principal power for himself, he had come to amend matters, and had descended, transfigured and assimilated to powers and principalities and angels, so that he might appear among men to be a man, while yet he was not a man; and that thus he was thought to have suffered in Judæa, when he had not suffered. Moreover, the prophets uttered their predictions under the inspiration of those angels who formed the world; for which reason those who place their trust in him and Helena no longer regarded them, but, as being free, live as they please; for men are saved through his grace, and not on account of their own righteous actions. For such deeds are not righteous in the nature of things, but by mere accident, just as those angels who made the world, have thought fit to constitute them, seeking, by means of such precepts, to bring men into bondage. On this account, he pledged himself that the world should be dissolved, and that those who are his should be freed from the rule of them who made the world.ccel.org/ccel/schaff/anf01.ix.ii.xxiv.html

Anderson Pro Gnostic
The title of my sermon tonight is Once saved always saved. It’s about the eternal security of the believer, the fact that once we get saved there is nothing we can ever do to lose our salvation
faithfulwordbaptist.org/once_saved_always_saved.html

Attached: haeresis.png (225x283, 107.17K)

A subset of knowledge is not all knowledge

And OSAS is first believed by Gnostics

OSAS BTFO

this just proves OSAS is apostolic

and Gnostic

(((victors))) write the history

TT Baptists admit they are Gnostics

I guess this makes Paul a baptist, if you're gonna use this "logic".

You are just butthurt that OSAS came from heretics. No surprise there, no early ante nicene true Christian take Baptists beliefs

OSAS is gnostic

Huh, I guess there is a similarity between Gnostics and Baptists. Wtf where’s my rosary?

Attached: checked.jpg (225x225, 4.25K)

Paul was my enemy! He persecuted my disciples!

My true followers are Gnosticists!

You can only save yourselves! The answer lies within you.

10/10 post
God bless you

1)Except some Gnostics are also iconoclasts like Baptists. See Acts of John. Contra early Christian evidence that images are ok.

2)Non argument, as Catholics dont even pray to any of those

3)Baptists reject Scripture and like Gnostics, twist the mosaic into something else to twist their fanciful opinions. For instance they consider Baptism as doing nothing…oops we know some Gnostic groups do this.

4)Except as we seen, Simonites and even Valentinians say what Baptists believe. Works are pointless to salvation

5)On point.

Now let's add more similarities between Baptists and Gnostics

So no, like it or not you have more similarities with the Gnostics than Catholics do

More Baptist-gnostic similarities

Catholics do pray to Mary and the Saints, they just don’t worship them.
Baptists are the most hardcore scripturists of p much any Christian group.
Gnostics are huge on establishing fictitious apostolic succession, especially Johannite Gnostics
Gnostics believe Mary was an ever-virgin, the Gnostic “Gospel of the Nativity of Mary” begins with the verse “The blessed and glorious ever-virgin Mary, sprung from the royal stock and family of David, born in the city of Nazareth, was brought up at Jerusalem in the temple of the Lord“
Gnostics accept sacraments as being necessary for salvation. In fact, the Mandaens baptize eachother once a year+on special occasions to “ritually cleanse” themselves and get them saved
Gnostics aren’t always determinist
We covered OSAS earlier
Catholics are pretty far from the Fathers at this point, I’d say only the Orthodox are really interested in the patristics
Your last point is saying that an extremely spiritual and allegorized interpretation of scripture is the same as an extremely literal interpretation of scripture. It’s nonsense

Just like the Baptist trail of blood and wishful thinking that proto baptists exists

more like hardcore twisting of Scripture such as eisegeting Peter's mention of Baptism as a "like figure" or James as "works to show men"

Same genre of the orthodox Protoevangelium, zero gnostic content. Oops

And some dont such as the Gospel of Judas which criticize the Christian understanding of eucharist which all evidence points to a real presence and Irenaeus mentions. This also ignores the fact that I stated Baptists like Gnostics disagree. This only shows it.

Well done for missing the point. The point is both twist Scriptures with fanciful interpretations!

Whether you like it, you are aeons away from the church fathers. The only groups we find that match you are Gnosticism as I has plainly shown. Funny these groups are the ones who believe in OSAS

Catholice dont pray to Gnostic beings or consider saints as some Aeon or Sophia. So this is automatically out.

Except many of them are like the Valentinians and Basilledeans. The fact that Baptist determinism of Reformed Baptists can only be found in heretical circles is simply sufficient to question your continuity with Irenaeus, Justin…etc

Ouch, Baptists btfo

Baptists confirmed as Gnostic

animefag what do you get out of this aren't you a atheist? ..

Facts dont care about your feelings, Baptist

Ex Baptist here, OP's right.

Perhaps you should be make topics that aren't to sow endless discord. Really, quoting Irenaeus means little to a baptist except for those already convinced otherwise or to take cheap potshots.
t. not even a baptist

You mad, Baptist?

If quoting St. Iranaeus, who if you have even the slightest incling of who that great man was, "means little to a baptist" then that baptist can not call himself Christian. Simple as that.

Sub-Apostolic autorithies like Ireneus are against your doctrine. Ireneus was disciple of Polycarp, who was disciple of John the Apostle directly.
So basically the entire Christian Church of the Apostles got everything wrong since the second generation of their direct disciples.
What next? The apostles themselves corrupted JEsus teachings maybe, like muslims claim. Is there no end to the holy things you are willingly to destroy to defend your man made false doctrine of OSAS?

hahahahahaahahahaha

how do you know the gospel of mark was written by mark or luke by luke etc?

ST. IRENAEUS

the gospels aren't named. the earliest record of someone identifying the authors of the gospels is ST IRENAEUS. he was the disciple of polycarp, disciple of ST JOHN THE EVANGELIST

repent silly baptist heretic :(

Gnostics:
Baptists:
They are nothing alike, you’re being intellectually dishonest

One must ask, how many disciples did Polycarp have? And John?
Was Judas a disciple of Jesus Christ?
I am just asking logical questions, many of the Church fathers were good men, saved men, and some were not. They were only human.

Here you are being dishonest. Some Gnostics are anti sacramentalists. Isnt it funny the only people that espouse Baptist doctrines are those crazy people?

And Baptists twist Scriptures like them Gnostics too and thus make up nonsense just as they do

Stay triggered

Gnostics don’t “twist” scripture, they just make up their own. It’s entirely different from Baptists who strictly adhere to solo scriptura (which is even more extreme than sola scriptura). To claim Baptists are Gnostic is to reveal stunning ignorance about both groups.