Resurrection

Remember that Marriage and intercourse are only earthly "temporary" things… in Heaven, we will be like Angels, brothers and sisters in Christ, FOREVER, there is no marriage or intimate function there…

(Because I noticed that people are acting like sex and having someone in Life is everything in this Life)

"For in the resurrection they neither marry nor are given in marriage, but are like angels in heaven."

~ Matthew 22:30

Attached: Earth-Angel-compressed.jpg (680x380, 44.01K)

Other urls found in this thread:

godrules.net/articles/marriage-in-heaven.htm
peterkreeft.com/topics/sex-in-heaven.htm
twitter.com/AnonBabble

All true. Without the need for sexual satisfaction, we will be united to our Heavenly Brothers and Sisters in true felicity, united by the beatitude of Jesus Christ, forever.

I would be interested to hear a counter-interpretation to this passage, if anyone can provide one. I observe that the Bible doesn't indicate at all that angels are incapable of intimate relations, and in fact, a reasonable interpretation of Genesis 6 implies that they are very capable indeed.

So if I can't get laid now I never will? Shit…

Attached: Feels bad.jpg (800x732, 65K)

Genesis 6 does not refer to literal Angels, but Holy Men who up until that time called "Sons of God".

The Lord refers to these "sons of God" as mere man after they offended Him with their flesh.

Jesus Christ lived, died, and rose again as a Perfect Virgin, as did the Mother of God.

True, there would be no need for sex or anything intimate. However, I still don’t believe we’ll all see each other as brothers and sisters in a sense. You would still see your birth mother and father as such and love them as such, same as with your spouse and children. And of course, your love for the Lord will still be greater than anyone else in Paradise.

Job 1:6

Genesis 6

I disagree with your interpretation of Genesis 6.

Satan comes also into and among man, as Judas and St. Peter can attest.

For no good reason, it was St. Augustine whom pointed this out in City of God, btw.

Right after the "sons of God" saw the daughters of men, the Lord claims His spirit shall not strive with man, for he also is flesh. Ergo, the sins of impurity are enough for the Lord to forsake man.

Only the pure of heart will see God.

You ignore context. In verse 1, man was already multiplying, and that indeed, they had to have daughters before the "sons of God" could even take them. "The sons of God" are directly responsible for creating giants. This is abnormal behavior which was not seen in the previous generations of man, and directly leads up to the Most High wanting to kill all life on earth. You stick to the single verse and ignore the whole. This is evidently not man, who you point out becomes weaker, not suddenly stronger.

You claim that it was only regular men having sex in this passage. Therefore you are implying that it was man having regular sex which produced regular daughters that is the cause of the shorter life-span, the giants not even being mentioned up to and including verse 3.

You must believe that sex is impure period, and not simply after the second coming. Holy sex is not impure. My Father created woman so that I would not have to be alone. And let not man separate that which Yahweh has brought together.

Attached: pp,550x550.u1.jpg (550x422, 34.81K)

Which are still men, and these giants are also referred to as "great men". It is said that Fallen Angels can copulate with a myriad of ways with witches and the like, but the idea of angel hybrids running around is never endorsed by any legit authority.

Yes, abnormal behavior of MAN, not Angel. The Angels were already separated from Light and Dark, they were not judged another time, nor can Angels fall a second time.

Because God gives up on the "sons of God" and refers to them as mere men. Angels can be described as taking the form of men, but are never referred to a mere men in Scripture.

What is the point of enlightened humanity taking on the status of angels if we can still fall?

Of course I am, the seed of men still produce genetic variance to this day. The greatness and long-life of man was always dwindling from then on, as the Lord proclaims shortly after He gives them up to their flesh.

You put words in my mouth, but, there is no such thing as Holy sex. There will be no sex in Heaven, and you will not step one foot in it if you keep this false idea in your heart.

Like pottery.

godrules.net/articles/marriage-in-heaven.htm

Sex strengthens the marriage bond.
In heaven, you will feel perfect love to your spouse (and everyone else), therefore, there is no more purpose to sex.

peterkreeft.com/topics/sex-in-heaven.htm

Not saying I agree with it but it is a fairly good article from a christian philosopher.

Sex is a metaphor for the joining of Christ and the church. Why would a form of praise and worship not be "needed" in heaven?

This is one of those plots to make people think that heaven will only be singing old worship songs, polite conversation and bocce.

In what way could Gen 6 be speaking about angels?

Bodily sex between those of the opposite sex for the sake of the creation of Saints will cease, all the Saints that Christ has made room for will arrive at their eternal reward.

There is no sex in Heaven.

refute

That's a good greentext but why the sad reaction image? I think you meant to use a happy one.

From what I understand if you are married here it carries over into the next life but there is no longer sexual intercourse.

I wont have angelic wife anyways so I dont really care…

Attached: 7fe368516ec52754a20b3b0fcba0a79c71d95fe08135458c7940635a0251c78c.jpg (540x495, 22.04K)

…THATS BLOODY AUTISTIC!

you need to find a godly wife…

While it may be hard to take in, being in the full presence of God for all eternity sounds a lot better than having sex with your wife for all eternity.

This might be a bit too much for me to say but I think I'm not the only one who has trouble trying to comprehend what God's love would be like. Maybe that is why we try to add things we understand in order to compensate that hole.

Attached: 1367d17b3638ff43aca2e428e196b8514a0dea94ff306d04273e7e6a9508d050.png (241x255, 9.05K)

^___^