Catholic - Baptist - Orthodox friendship thread

Since we have so many arguments, I thought it would be nice to have something different for once. The purpose of this thread isn't to argue or discuss our difference, but to interact how you would with brothers in a church. I'm a Baptist personally (well a bit different from most but no two people have the same relationship with God) but I was always under the assumption that Orthodoxs and Catholics were also my brothers in Christ. So I'm just going to point out things I really admire about them.
We are all three siblings of the same Father; to me, Orthodox is like the oldest but most mysterious brother because I don't really know what he does, and Catholics being the middle child that was always around to help me with my homework. Like a big happy imperfect family. I love you Orthodorks and Cathonerds.

Attached: eeee43317efdb5441a9ee765e33c241a1988ca35238f0b6ea5e4621b7e2494bc.jpeg (600x310, 27.83K)

God bless

Good post. A man who lives a life close to God no matter the denomination is closer to me than a man who claims to worship God but does nothing of the sort.

Quality post.
God bless you and your beloved ones.
t. Ortho

Attached: 6dd5cf7ce02f8a1141afc066e6b06725dd1b9ce0ec8baf7e8ecb113e3052dd55.jpg (1024x609, 63.36K)

I love you guys.

I would rather pray that they come to the righteous path. Laughing at them does no good.

Orthodox here. I love Baptists dedication to the Scripture, it shows real seriousness in their search for the Truth.
God bless you.

Attached: christian fellowship.png (550x363, 445.57K)

Well obviously you big dummy, I don't think anyone seriously condemns unbelievers here. I meant more like Elijah mocking the followers of Baal.

We need to get our beads together on this. It's one of the reasons I don't mention Zig Forums to my Christian friends because of all the sectarian mudslinging.

This purity spiraling is SJW behavior and will hinder outsiders from taking the bread pill. Keep track of the long game.

Attached: 1508188172732.jpg (740x820, 128.82K)

This is awesome. God wants his church united. May we all grow closer to the truth And may the non-liturgical prots learn to love their mother Mary

Attached: A7275684-7723-46A3-BA3E-8088C1CE0B4A.jpeg (811x1013, 457.96K)

God bless you :)

Greta thread, op, much love from a cathobro here. I certainly don't mind baptists and orthodox, like you said we're all brothers in Christ here. In my eyes, I'm catholic mostly because that's how I was raised, and it's the same for most orthodox and Baptists I'd imagine.

Attached: FB_IMG_1540060197500.jpg (660x680, 54.06K)

Not apart of any denom but this is how I also feel about this board and our collective faith in Christ. Thank you Sister (?)
bump and based

Attached: BG2.jpg (1280x720, 121.97K)

Nice Marian trips

Agreed. With the number of lukewarms there are today I feel more kinship with a serious Baptist who lives the word of God than I do your average Catholic who treats the church like a social club

I pretty much feel the same; I think the biggest reason we fight so much is because we agree on so much except for a few big stumbling blocks.
false-flagging fedoras don't help either

I am not going to pretend like the Crusaders were holy and good. They sacked Jerusalem and killed many Christians. They also killed many Christians in the Middle East. There is nothing holy about attacking Muslims in offensive wars, or killing your Christian brothers.

^This Saracen finna 'boutta get dabbed on

Attached: image.jpg (169x241, 16.3K)

"If you kill your enemies they win" - user

I am a Christian. DEUS VULT larping isn't going to save any souls.

There is nothing virtuous about killing innocents. Sacking cities with large Christian populations, killing thousands of innocent Christians and Muslims isn't the will of God.

There are no false flagging atheist some of your brothers are just arseholes.

Imagine how beautiful this board would be if the inter-denom arguments were confined to their own thread! I can only imagine how strange the bickering must seem to visiting non-Christians. The world ought to know us by our love…

I'm firmly Catholic, but in the real world, I'm happy just to meet a devout Christian of any kind. The Internet makes it very easy to define people based on differences, rather than our shared humanity and common goals. We're all children of God and brothers in Christ, and I pray we will all grow to embrace each other in love. God bless you, Zig Forums

Sorry, I'm not going to be friends with pagans. Did you know Roman Catholics and Eastern Orthodox have been slaughtering Christians for centuries? From day one they have. So no, winnie the pooh off, I will never be friends with pagans. I want to smash their idols. They are pagans who need to accept Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior, but they seem to hate him. Can you not see the proof in their pedo priests? winnie the pooh off.

Roman Catholicism and Eastern Orthodoxy is hocus pocus paganism. Now, once again, winnie the pooh off.

Attached: vatican138_01.jpg (450x435, 54.57K)

And that's ignoring that the core muslim kingdoms were made up primarily of conquered Christians from their inception. Yeah there were ugly aspects to the crusades as there are in any war, but then the lesson is don't provoke a war with your aggressive actions, because the response cannot and will not be perfectly discriminatory between aggressor and associated innocent. And obviously things like turning on the Orthodox were needless, but again, if you're looking for a cultural or religious icon or movement which was free from sin or error, you won't find one (excepting Christ himself obviously).

That's where you're wrong bucko. They say you'll catch more flies with honey than vinegar, but you're set on doing your damnedest with fly repellent.

The people who are only attracted to it because they see people talk about killing Muslims aren't going to become faithful Christians through it. They'll post edgy pictures of Templars on facebook but they won't go to church, they won't study theology, they won't try to actually encounter Christ in their lives.

Glorious tread user. I'm a cathanon, and I agree, having the same argument over and over again gets pretty tiring after a while. Some things I like about Baptists:
Hope all of you guys have a great day, God bless

Attached: Christ-Chan Happy.jpg (210x255, 12.17K)

OP here, id probably changed. My church is hosting an apologetics event this Saturday and it got me thinking about other things I admire.

This is something that I as a Catholic admire about baptists and protestants in general as well.

Lots of high energy preaching and a congregation that's into reading scripture. Also like the soul winning that many protestant groups really excel at.

Gadolig here, I somewhat admire the baptists for being the only non effeminate protestant denomination and not compromising and calling out the sodomites. We could do with more baptist converts

I admire Catholics for their concern with and promotion for Christian unity.

I admire Orthodox for keeping the traditions of the original Christians alive and not changing anything.

I admire Baptists for their deep faith in the holy scriptures and for being the only Protestant group that hasn't cucked to liberal theology.

Ive been going to Lutheran mass and last week the sermon was about PC agenda invading the church and he openly condemned homosexuals, transsexuals and abortions. But I am in Texas and it is part of LCMS. So… ya. Also Ive been seeing more news about gay catholic organizations friend.

to add go to lcms.org it has the synods platforms, definitely not liberal cucked

Based user.
Greetings from a Catholic brother.

Every baptist I've met on this board regardless of what they said about catholics is more Catholic than 90% who attend Mass in my parish.

nah, I'd rather hate Catholics
I'll stop hating them once they are no more

Hating your fellow Christians? Sure they believe different, but you really hate them? If nothing else, wouldn't it make more sense to hate the Church rather than the Catholics themselves? Don't hate the people, if anything you should be praying for them.

This is the kind of thread this board needs.

For practical purposes it doesn't make a difference. Just as they say "don't hate sinner hate the sin", but if you introduce the capital punishment for adulterers you will swiftly get rid of adultery too. Catholicism must die, and as many Catholics as are necessary along with it.

ah ah ah, not gonna work! I am Catholic, I wish we could work, for the time being, together to protect the core of the faith…but we won't. Humans are tribalistic in nature, once you side with a part of a whole, you would want to destroy the other side.
It's like the Conservative, the NeoCon and the Alt-Right positions: they sit on the same hill, but they are at one another throat; imagine when it comes to the eternal truths of God…

I oppose mass migration and want all illegal migrants to be registered and sent back; others will say this is not harsh enough, and that we must create pure ethnostates: for me that's wrong, and others are in agreement or disagreement with my position. Now, try to imagine how even more explosive the cocktail is when you mix God and who truly is worshiping Him in this, or as a factor alone for a dispute.

I grew up in an half-atheist family, later my father found the faith but I was left "incomplete", and took me many years and some terrible mistakes to come to God. I am Catholic, and I wish we could all work together; yet, it won't happen.

Well shoot, it sounds like you're a hateful person who can't forgive others. I'll pray for you, user.

This is what virtue signaling looks like on 8ch

I can recall at least two times that LARPagans have admitted to false-flagging.
granted it may have been the same guy but where there's smoke…

At least we are Christians. That alone gives us more in common with each other than with the rest of the world.

Attached: the-first-crusade-began-in-1095-460-years-after-the-4904032.png (500x397, 149.42K)

This attitude is kinda discrediting and underappreciating the sacraments desu. Admiring their faith more than the cafeteria Catholics is fine, implying they're more Catholic than people who are actually in communion with Rome (regardless of whether they're really faithful or not) is just plain insulting to the Church.

I can forgive, but forgiveness shouldn't be handed out too freely. Just as God forgives, but that doesn't mean you can go out and commit the same sin over and over. It appears to me that the only Christian way to live is to sin little, and forgive little.

I have nothing in common with Catholics.

wow.

Anyway:

Baptists -

Orthos:

Baptists have zeal that many of us Catholics lack. I admire this about them.

Nothing is impossible, WITH God. There's your answer.

Thoughts on adopting "syncretic" practices from other denominations?

e.g.

I like a lot of these crossovers.

I think they are absolutely a good thing. I'm a prot but I follow a lot of Catholic fasting rules (e.g, no meat on fridays).

Attached: TTohlRc[1].jpg (1021x1349, 100.43K)

Could Baptist bros post some of their favorite Churches in terms of their architectural beauty? While Modernity has hit all churches it, sadly, seems like its hit you guys the worst.

Attached: traditional-prints-and-posters.jpg (1062x1600 85.88 KB, 357.71K)

This is the LARPer mindset.

That sounds really interesting. How does one 'do' hesychasm?

Consider the funding model: catholics fund churches top down, but autonomous baptist churches plant themselves and expand themselves
We also far and away spend a majority on missions

Attached: fbwaco.jpeg (1200x764, 193.17K)

That's fair, but in my area they're planning to build a new church and it looks practically like a College campus with the same International style as the building in pic related. When my sister showed me the pamphlet for it I nearly threw up in my mouth. Beautiful church btw.

Attached: 6-villa-savoye.jpg (1600x1067, 233.98K)

Attached: 1348444021365.gif (200x293, 1.75M)