A question

I get this feeling that the majority of users on this board dont go to church on Sunday's. So be honest do you go to church every Sunday? Do you have the same suspicion as me?

Attached: download.jpeg (1000x750, 111.83K)

I don't. I have two churches and I never go to either for I have disagreements with their worship.
Tho I open the windows to listen to their chimes every Sunday morning if the weather's good for it.

Attached: CaringJ.png (480x726, 491.75K)

I go to church every Sunday and I do not think at all that "the majority of users on this board" don't do the same. On the contrary, most people here seem very passionate about their faith.

I will be honest and say this: a few time I have skipped mass out of despair. But I’m going to mass regularly now.

lel yes this

tbh yep I got the same suspicion, I figure most justify it with "all churches are progressive liberal poopholes".

That's their poor autism talking.
If they'd be 4real, they'd build better churches.

I used to go to like three in every four sundays. Now I go to everyone. It's so much easier if you just have one parish and dont split between the two.

Same tbh. Not a majority but a lot of people here. I've been sliding in people's DMs in the discord, and I have a very accurate picture of who the larpers are and who arent (I wont name the denom because we have enough infighting)

Its orthodox or catholic isn't it…

I literally go to church so most everyday but I'm an autistic who doesn't know anyone and I don't get the community benefit a church is supposed to have but it's fine. I like Churches.

t. Former fedora, pagan

I go every Sunday and once a month Sunday evening for lords supper.

Zig Forums is my church.

You seriously should be going to a physical church no matter your denomination.

Zig Forums group meeting when?!

Wait.. are you seriously mocking Church? Like legit you are missing half the religion if you aren't going to some church. Church has an effect on you that's hard to describe. It greatly deepens your faith. Creates community. Furthers your understanding and increases Christ presence. Go to church its not hard its just a few hours on sunday.

I go to church every Sunday, unless there's some reason I absolutely cannot. It helps that my church is about a 5 minutes walk from my apartment, and while the service is rather novus ordo it's a great community and they have the sacraments.

I used to be really bad about it but now I have been going every week for a while and I'm going to try an go to daily mass every evening after work.

I wish my church did a daily mass, I'm thinking of looking for a second church with daily mass. I kinda wanna learn more about catholicism so I may check out a few masses, I've been non denominational for awhile. Ive been going to a luthern church and I find my self agreeing with their beliefs and such.

I go every Sunday and also plan to start going every Saturday, but I'm a lazy sinner and cannot make myself to get my ass up and go. Going everyday would be perfect, but I'm unable to do that, as I'm back home after the last mass is over.

I go, when I'm not at work.

I don't go to mass, because it is usually incredibly low-energy. I am not saying this as an insult. I devote 3-4 hours a week to prayer, I probably should do even more, but going tois just something that really doesn't work for me. I like going to church when no-one else is there though, but these days the doors are locked…

Last time I went to church was about 3 years ago. Not only am I too much of a lazy sinner to keep going, but I'm not one for communities so most of the benefits are lost on me anyway. I would just pop in and leave the second it's done.

Though I wouldn't call myself a Christian in the first place really. I'm far too lukewarm or even cold to be one despite my attempts.

Attached: 10bbc13aeee0e989625e84a9b79b075d8438fef8dd7c96adae1121f038721238.jpeg (640x614, 75.61K)

This is a lame excuse, go to mass.

Oh is it now?

Yes, find a different church If that's your only excuse or how to it anyway. Going to church is an essential part of being Christian.

I go every Sunday. Also I never had a suspicion as majority of people here don't go.

Well we got 2 saying they dont already and one mocking the very concept.. I guess not majority, but a decent number considering non-replies and the number in just a few hours.

I don't go to Church because I can't But sometimes I don't do the bible reading I'm supposed to do on Sunday either so I guess that's my current equivalent to not going to church

Why can't you go to church?

Attached: church-3481187__340.jpg (510x340, 156.02K)

I'm 19 still in my parent's house and they're protestants that hate Catholicism so they won't take me
I went to a few protestant churches with them though and then in the second service I went, it was a Pentecostal one and someone that was dancing in the front as part of a song started acting possessed and then passed out in the floor suddenly
please pray for my parents and Pentecostals

Attached: Nom.png (215x267, 33.75K)

I don't because no one in my family will go with me and it would feel weird to intrude on a gathering that I wasn't invited to alone.

I don't go every Sunday. For a long time I didn't go at all. It's not for lack of want, but for lack of a church that isn't watered down.

In America we have plenty of churches, but it's hard to find one that isn't just preaching about feeling good. I don't go to church because I need a psychiatrist. I go because I want to learn more about God, and mostly I do better by reading on my own.

I do feel God's presence when I am in church, though. I am always a better man afterwards for having gone. The preaching is just always lacking in its intricacies. It's too much for the lowest common denominator, which could be someone not even saved.

I am glad to have fellowship and be in the presence of our Lord. I just feel there is a lack of conviction and a big want for preachers to not offend and grow their congregation rather than preach the truth.

I wish I had my own local Pastor Anderson.

You are 19, you should be able to go to church by yourself.

I go to church by myself, just go man, you will meet people and they are normally pretty friendly. You wont be the only one going by yourself either.

Do you even church, bro?

lel

pretent you're going to a party on Sunday or something and when nobody's looking head to nearest Catholic church

I've been thinking about your post for a bit.
Wouldn't it make more sense to just outright say I'm going to the Church?

Everyone is invited to church, it's God's house and he wants to see all of us gathering there. It's awkward at first but you'll make friends, we're all brothers and sisters in Christ.

I'm not the user you originally asked, but yes, you shouldn't lie to your parents. If you're worried about their reaction, remember proverbs 28:1.

I thought this was permissible on a theological level as the authority of god overrules the authority of parents, so I could lie to my parents on this specific matter.
The reason I didn't want to lie was because it would probably fade away, possibly on day 1, since I don't ever leave my house.

Either way you are 19, you shouldn't have to lie to your parents.

Yeah, first one mostly.

I used to go all the time (for a period of 6 months or so going at least 3 times a week, and going at least once a week before that) but I've stopped going for a month or two because my personal problems have gotten really bad. I'm going to a daily Mass tomorrow morning, there are way less people there so it's easier for me, and hopefully that gets me in the mood for more. It's kind of a vicious cycle of guilt, which only gets worse as I stay away longer.

See if there's a Saturday evening Mass time, just say you're going out your parents might not even know Catholics consider that time valid for a weekly obligation.

I go multiple times a week though I am unable to receive communion. Easter can't come soon enough.

Theological Warfare is gay. Also the Lord doesn’t want you to sin. If you want to go to a Catholic Church then go, if your parents ask, then just be honest. If they hate you, find solace in the Lord. It may take a while but also reconcile with them.

Attached: 1FE52430-6D01-4AA7-8EBB-E8BD5563AD68.jpeg (660x423, 34.36K)

I go every Sunday, unless I'm sick, because I'm on the worship team. In all honesty, I probably wouldn't go as much if it weren't for that.

I haven't been to church since June 2017

Why?

Sunday Morning, Sunday Night, and Wednesday Night.

seriously … wut?

Attached: dafuq-ani.gif (334x251, 1.27M)

Wew. Feels good to live right next to the church.

usually go sundays and thursdays due to mass being right before RCIA

Attached: e69d0ed615521427280902ee9b820d1cecc77be56fcb7b07845ffdf5663d07c4.jpg (640x640, 100.55K)

I go every Sunday and most of Wednesday nights. I try to go to the Bible study there every Sunday morning but my flesh always got the better of me. Plus, I'm too shy and hardly know anyone there despite going regularly for about a month now

My family aren't Christian and I always go alone user. But it's God's house and you're there to worship God (not to mean that you don't on the other days) so why should you care if your family's going with you or not?

I used to feel the same user. Try to find a small one that has the old kind of billboards. Those churches usually have a very simple website so it's hard to find them online. But I bet there's a local pastor Anderson in your town if you try and look hard, and pray to God.

checks out

Attached: Attendance_at_religious_services_among_members_of_the_Southern_Baptist_Convention.png (1856x2400, 78.9K)

catholics are 50x the size of baptists and orthodox tho

Tfw it's easier to go anytime but Sunday cause there's no people around.
Tfw some churches have installed electronic speakers and are playing liturgical music all the time.
Tfw the best ones are the ones where it's still silence outside of the services.
Tfw struggle with irl interaction.
The struggle is real.

Attached: wojak.png (640x452 12.98 KB, 158.34K)

Not in the US, but does size have to do with percent attendance?

Optimism like this gives me hope.

I think he means this:
Literally everyone growing up in a catholic household calls themselves catholic, regardless of if they believe or not. Nobody calls themselves a baptist who doesnt believe. It's more just a wording thing

There are nominals in every group, "baptist" is used in the same way

I think the only lazybone/weaksauce around here is me. I do not skip church too long though, 2-3 weeks max. Sometimes because I am too lazy and tired to wake up really early and take an hour train ride to church, sometimes because I am sick (I am not really in good health).

I go every Sunday and Thursday, often also on other days.
During Christmas and Easter I go every day of the period.

If you have a Church in your area and can't even afford to give God 1 hour of your entire week then you can't really call yourself a devout Christian.

I feel like this need to be bumped as a reminder to everyone that this is basically a board for Zig Forumstier larpers.

Either that or Saturday (my church has multiple services). Haven't missed a service since I started attending this church five months ago.