How do protestants reach salvation?

I mean all protestant churches, at least the ones I know, reject the concept of an institution intepreting the bible and passing down towards its believers and using it along with its catholic traditions, like confession and the Eucharist, to reach the Grace state and therefore salvation. So how the hell do protestants reach salvation? Do they honestly believe that through faith alone you can reach a state of grace? I mean if there isn't a system, faith alone can mean anything and therefore no one reaches salvation

Attached: 1541012802414.png (1342x1940, 599.99K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ctsfw.net/media/pdfs/carysolafide.pdf
bookofconcord.org/augsburgconfession.php#article11
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joint_Declaration_on_the_Doctrine_of_Justification
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Luther:

1)Christ said whosoever is Baptized is Saved

2)I am Baptised

3)Christ cannot lie

Therefore I am saved

Calvin, Evangelical, Baptist

1)To be Save I must believe on Christ

2)I believe

3)Given 2) I know I believe

Therefore I am Saved

ctsfw.net/media/pdfs/carysolafide.pdf

Ehhh a lot but not nearly all. Many protestant denoms have their own bishops and such. There are also 3 classes of protestants, 1 follows first 4 eucemical councils, 2 follows first 7 and 3rd follow none. There are also various interpretations and traditions passed down via literature and aforementioned bishops. Many denominations are controled by synods as well. But these are all things Catholics and orthodox purposefully ignore cause it breaks down their main squabbles.

Sure, but how do reach a state of Grace without the Sacraments?

belief that Jesus Christ died for heir sin nature (past, present, and future sins)

Lutherans have sacraments and they do communion and believe it's the blood and body of christ.

Sure, but they don't have confession

Not like Catholics do but they always have the pastors or pastors assistant available to talk to you about your sins and pray with you after service.

The first Christ chan edit was cool because it looked like Rei with Asuka coloring. Now it looks like she just got out of being pushed into a mudbath and is trying to force a smile.

Attached: 67857467687.jpg (384x550, 60.47K)

We still have Penitential Rite, but Luther said you cannot prove with Scripture that confession is a requirement for salvation or that the lack of confession takes away any part of Jesus's gift. That doesn't mean that Lutherans believe in not confessing sins privately, publically, or interpersonally as part of healthy Christian living.

bookofconcord.org/augsburgconfession.php#article11

They say 'I'm sorry God' and sing Oh happy day. That's literally what they believe.

ignorance is bliss

nice pic!

Bruh…

"No man can find salvation except in the Catholic Church. Outside the Catholic Church one can have everything except salvation. One can have honor, one can have the sacraments, one can sing alleluia, one can answer amen, one can have faith in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Ghost, and preach it too, but never can one find salvation except in the Catholic Church." -Saint Augustine

Attached: 94f74aac79828e00a3a43783f6e06d8adb734a759f24b0455e95c88e3a60a09e.jpeg (1700x2009, 904.24K)

pelagian scholasticism is the original shitposting

Not even the Pope believes this antiquated sedevacantist doctrine.

"Muh scholasticism" isn't an argument

What do you mean?

The majority of Catholics and Catholic priests in the West believe, at the very least, that the Orthodox are saved, and thus the Orthodox are offered the Sacraments under limited circumstances. I'd say most American priests would extend this past the Orthodox to Lutherans and Anglicans.

Addendum: I called it a sedevacantist belief because only sedes continue to authoritatively preach the strong version of the extra ecclesiam nulla sallus doctrine in our day. The weak version has won the day. Continuing to preach the strong version will only bring division and never unity among Christians.

"17. Therefore, there exists a single Church of Christ, which subsists in the Catholic Church, governed by the Successor of Peter and by the Bishops in communion with him.58 The Churches which, while not existing in perfect communion with the Catholic Church, remain united to her by means of the closest bonds, that is, by apostolic succession and a valid Eucharist, are true particular Churches.59 Therefore, the Church of Christ is present and operative also in these Churches, even though they lack full communion with the Catholic Church, since they do not accept the Catholic doctrine of the Primacy, which, according to the will of God, the Bishop of Rome objectively has and exercises over the entire Church.60"

Are you yourself a sede?

no

Attached: 95de83dc363e6a00930ad53fd57d0181.jpg (300x421, 24.77K)

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.
- Ephesians 2:8-9

Das rite, Pelagianism is heresy. Salvation is by Grace alone

Attached: Immaculate_Conception_Tiepolo.jpg (800x1470, 191.13K)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joint_Declaration_on_the_Doctrine_of_Justification

From the Catholics themselves and signed by various protestant denominations.

“For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whosoever believe in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life.”- John 3:16 The difference between Christianity and other religions is that you don’t have to do good things in order to reach salvation. That was the point of Christ dying on the cross; nothing we can do by ourselves can get us to heaven, it’s only by Him.

It will be harder, but nothing is impossible and the patriarchs like Noah and Abraham and Moses achieved salvation long before the church was around.

It is harder to be saved outside of the church, but it is not impossible.

NO Protestants reject the concept of institutions interpreting the Bible and passing it down, why would we hold church if we did?

Through Jesus Christ.
Next question.

I can name more non-sedevacantist groups/people that have preached the "strong version" than sedevacantist groups.