Happy Reformation Day!

Hello to all Protestants. We Orthodox don't like the Papacy either.
You want to be friends?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reformed_Orthodox
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joint_Declaration_on_the_Doctrine_of_Justification
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yes
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reformed_Orthodox

The reason why Protestants don't like the Papacy is the same reason why they reject apostolic succession and thus reject Orthodoxy.

Sure,just as soon as you embrace the gospel of justification by faith alone

Luther on the Orthodox:

“The Greeks [Orthodox] . . . are not heretics or schismatics but the most Christian people and the best followers of the Gospel on earth.”

“Yet he [the Pope] lifts his shameless, blasphemous mouth to heaven and slanders the Greek [Orthodox] church, claiming that it is schismatic and apostate. It is he himself who is the chief cause and sole author of all schisms and divisions. This is plain as day and all historical records show it.”

“Second, they revile, slander, and anathematize the Greeks [Orthodox], and all others who do not submit to the pope, as though these were not Christians.”

“Again, in this same passage, Christ speaks of this rock and of his church and says, “the gates of hell shall not prevail against it” [Matt. 16:18]. Here Christ says clearly that against his rock and building and church the very devils shall not prevail. If, then, the rock is papal power and the building represents submission to this authority, how does it happen that this building and authority have in fact collapsed and the gates of hell have prevailed against it? For all Christendom has fallen away from the pope; for example, the Greeks [Orthodox], the Bohemians, Africa, and the whole orient! Or to be more accurate, they never were built upon this rock. Now, if Christ, who cannot lie, promises that the gates of hell shall not prevail against his building, and no one can deny that the Orient has fallen away, it follows that Christ speaks the truth and the pope lies, and the building is not obedience to his power but something else, which the gates of hell have not been able to break down. And it cannot be said that these people are no longer Christians because they do not obey the pope and are not built on him, since the pope himself and all his followers wish to be considered Christians, though they do not obey God in a single letter, and live, for the most part, without faith. So far they have been successful with their lies in maintaining that those who do not agree with them on this point are heretics and they themselves good Christians, though they do not take their stand with God and Christ on any point. Thus they make monkeys and fools of all the world, and define the terms “Christian” and “heretic” to suit themselves.”

Attached: martin-luther.gif (768x768, 203.92K)

Sure, define faith alone

you people are just willfully ignorant

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joint_Declaration_on_the_Doctrine_of_Justification

Protestants don't reject apostolic succession, they just reject the Papacy's understanding of it.

Attached: 4d5aaefd92ee194f010b3b120e8cce1d3657db81f83c738e3f13fc71c6a8d587.jpg (567x425, 57.58K)

I'm friends with all brothers in Christ, no matter the denomination. If they believe in Trinity.

Wow I didn’t know about Byzantine Lutheranism! Seems cool.

Okay

A justification to which no human deed whatsoever (including faith) contributes, the righteousness of Christ being reckoned to the believer as if it were his own, he is by virtue of that fact alone judged totally innocent by God, and no sin no matter how vile able to remove him from that state of grace.

Imagine siding with literal heretics because you hate another chirstian church so much.

Hol’ up:

Like I can understand the conclusion, and even that works in and of themselves aren’t saving, but shouldn’t good works be a demonstration of faith? Like I’m not 100% knowledgeable about the Orthodox understanding of faith/works, but even baptism and Eucharist is to STRENGTHEN and show faith, right?

It's not even the first time

Hello frens

Imgunna have to pass on that one

Attached: 45220863_344804186274001_7367306347999657984_n.jpg (500x575, 44.79K)

Why would you side with Lutherans just because you don't like Papists? You know you're making us look bad

There's literally nothing wrong with being friends with Protestants.

I am Orthodox and I like both Catholics and Protestants fight me faggots
Also nice vid op

If a fellow Orthodox corrects me on something if I am wrong, thank you.
In Orthodoxy, sin is not viewed as something legalistic and by Juridical manner. Rather it is viewed as a wound that desperately needs healing. This attitude different from Western thought is important to understand the fact that church is according to this a hospital and mysteries are remedies that helps us to cure these wounds.
With that being said, Orthodox soteriology is about theosis, which in turn requires synergy between God and individual human being in mind. So agreement of an individual human being is important and this in turn requires living faith, not only a formal declaration of faith. If I agree with someone to cooperate but I do complete opposite, it's no longer a cooperation.

Catholicism is much closer to Orthodoxy than Protestantism on many key issues. It would be much better to stop playing right into the hand of Catholics and their dumb "orthoprot" meme than to just go and like Protestants because they also don't like the Pope…The Orthodox Church had to call together an entire council to refute the heresies of Protestantism, they are not any kind of friend or "enemy of my enemy" and this is not how one fosters unity in Christianity

THIS THREAD WAS CREATED BY FALSE FLAGGING BAPTIST

The Church also called a council to refute the heresies of papism, what's your point? In my view we actually have more in common with Protestants because they follow Christ and the Scriptures in good faith and don't seek to dominate us like the papists do.

Whatever you have to tell yourself, papist.

Im the author of this post
I support neither side and I dont really care about opinions by other denominations. I wish to be friendly with everyone.

You can also join the muslim while you're at it.