Blasphemy Against the Holy Spirit

Help, I fear that I have commited Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit and have lost my salvation. I feel empty kind of, I prayed and stuff since then. But I don’t know what to think.

Attached: A9E7DB36-1DE1-4A0A-B208-E619DBD4F855.jpeg (1024x714, 218.45K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=k9IfHDi-2EA
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_the_Apostle#Relic
traditionalmass.org/articles/article.php?id=4&
catholic.com/magazine/online-edition/the-saint-who-beat-scrupulosity
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

This is one of those verses that only concerns people who it shouldn’t. The Bible says reprobates don’t even want to retain God in their knowledge, if you are concerned and upset about having lost your means of salvation you’re automatically not a reprobate. Take a cool shower to calm down, say your prayers, and read your Bible. Jesus loves you.

This isn't something you can do accidentally, it's an entire lifetime of rejecting God

Honestly, I've never understood what blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is

It is the literal, purposeful, clear-minded (ie not possessed or mentally impaired), and open rejection of God without remorse.

Believing that Jesus did miracles in the name of Satan

You can't lose salvation, friend. If you believe that you can, then you aren't saved.

there's the atheist "blasphemy challenge" where edgelords egg each other on to outright deny the Holy Spirit's presence

I've heard of that. The trash man did that
when I went looking for this clip, cause I'd heard of it before, I found out Penn Jillete has three cars with the license plates "atheist", "nogod", and "godless"

why is it so important for atheists to pronounce their atheism? even the majority of the godless secular people I encounter are just disaffected and agnostic

Attached: 2011-07-25-ricky1.jpg (600x780, 158.48K)

We are all sinners user. Pray and repent if you are really sorry. God still loves you.

Ephesians 2:8-9

Attached: Teutonic.png (930x1002, 294.18K)

"Losing your salvation" is a terrible meme. Someone who has accepted Christ cannot commit blasphemy against the Holy Spirit, and there is no sin that can be committed that will erase or negate salvation.

Incorrect.

Not just believing, but knowingly and outwardly denying the works of the Holy Spirit as acts of God and attributing Christ's power to Satan.

It's clearly stated in the Bible. Matt. 12:22-32 says, "Then there was brought to Him a demon-possessed man who was blind and dumb, and He healed him, so that the dumb man spoke and saw. 23And all the multitudes were amazed, and began to say, "This man cannot be the Son of David, can he?" 24 But when the Pharisees heard it, they said, "This man casts out demons only by Beelzebub the ruler of the demons." 25 And knowing their thoughts He said to them, "Any kingdom divided against itself is laid waste; and any city or house divided against itself shall not stand. 26" And if Satan casts out Satan, he is divided against himself; how then shall his kingdom stand? 27 "And if I by Beelzebub cast out demons, by whom do your sons cast them out? Consequently they shall be your judges. 28 "But if I cast out demons by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God has come upon you. 29 "Or how can anyone enter the strong man's house and carry off his property, unless he first binds the strong man? And then he will plunder his house. 30 "He who is not with Me is against Me; and he who does not gather with Me scatters. 31 "Therefore I say to you, any sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven men, but blasphemy against the Spirit shall not be forgiven. 32 "And whoever shall speak a word against the Son of Man, it shall be forgiven him; but whoever shall speak against the Holy Spirit, it shall not be forgiven him, either in this age, or in the age to come."

By simply looking at the context it becomes apparent that blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is saying that Jesus did His miracles by the power of the devil. It is not saying bad things, doing bad things, or blaspheming God's name. It is deliberate deception in the context of Christ's presence, claiming that the power of the Holy Spirit is in fact the work of demons.

Thank you, this sounds like the correct interpretation.

Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is never done accidentally. Ever. You hold the same fear that I once held and it is the whisper of the devil that will convince you with scripture that you have committed a sin that cannot be forgiven. The Pharisees blasphemed the Holy Spirit by calling his works of Beezelbub, but if you call the works of the Holy Spirit of the devil in ignorance are you condemned? No, because the Pharisees made this accusation with full intentionality and out of holding onto their own power. They knew what they were seeing, and they consciously and deliberately rejected it for the sake of their own power. Pay attention to the theme of this blasphemy. Intentional rejection. That is what the sin against the Holy Spirit is, because when you intentionally reject it, how can you ever be saved?

And anyone who says "Jesus be cursed" does not do so by the Holy Spirit, but no one can say "Jesus is Lord" in their heart and with their mouth except by the Holy Spirit. Fear not! For whatever work the Father has started in you, he will finish, because when we are unfaithful, he is faithful.

Don't fall into the trap of refusing to forgive yourself because of your sin, either logically or in your heart. Not only are you required to forgive others, but the same applies to you. If you refuse to forgive yourself "the master will throw the wicked servant where there is weeping and gnashing of teeth until he pays back everything he owes."

Refuse to forgive yourself, and the Lord will chasten you heavily if you are his child until you forgive yourself. This is the weapon of the devil, that you believe you cannot be forgiven when the Lord has declared you forgiven. Is your judgement higher than his?

God bless

I'll just quote part of the footnotes of my Bible, they explain it well:

Go confess user, talk about it with priest. I think you just blasphemed in your mind, devil put some thought in your mind. God is merciful and I do think the "rejection of Holy Spirit" is quite a different thing.

Rejection of Logos. Rejection of Christ.
Not some thought that satan puts in your mind to to make you doubt your faith. It's a rejection of the Holy Spirit through whole life. Opposing, hating Truth.

I fear that blasphemous intrusive thoughts might also count as such even though I try to repress them and clean them out. Is this true?

Attached: hee hee ho ho.gif (320x200, 1.9M)

youtube.com/watch?v=k9IfHDi-2EA

"Go on.jpg"

LET'S BE REALLY CLEAR HERE FOLKS –:

YOUR CONVICTION OF SIN IS A WORK OF THE HOLY SPIRIT
IF YOU FEEL THE WEIGHT OF YOUR SINS,
IF YOU ARE CONTRITE FOR THOSE SINS,
THE HOLY SPIRIT HAS OBVIOUSLY NOT ABANDONED YOU

Attached: Alright you Primitive Screwheads, Listen Up.mp4 (594x360, 406.49K)

Christians are expected to be watchful of their mind and what they allow themselves to entertain. You'll open yourself up to demonic influences otherwise.

sage

WTF why doesn't sage worK???

you have you check (do not bump)

Attached: fulton sheen sin.jpg (850x400, 42.87K)

Just breath in and watch them pass on, like birds on a clear sky. Thoughts are like taffy. The more you try to mess with them the sticker they get and the more they spread.

sweet mom jeans tho

Attached: 1527565319147.jpg (680x645, 75.75K)

You can't lose uour salvation so don't worry if you were actually saved

That isn't how it works. God provides efficacious means of salvation for all who turn from their sin.

That sounds batshit insane when you put it like that.

(Checked)

This is something that worries many who have come to the Way, I know it worried me. But you're quite right, it must involve willful and persistent rejection when confronted with Truth.

Attached: tumblr_inline_pb7h6mEZKa1rtomg0_540.png (379x384, 117.2K)

I believe that intrusive, pervasive, or otherwise sinful thoughts are simply tests.
Why does God allow evil to attempt to work into our lives at all? To test us. He likes to see us do his will despite the hardships that come along with righteousness.
Everytime a hurtful intrusive thought enters your head and is ignored and not acted upon God smiles.

Attached: 5qz1ksymlkp01.png (843x632, 654.16K)

Good analogy, thanks user.

I swear I read the very same OP with the very same words and picture like 3 months ago.

Attached: 7a48d2a766760b6d319dcf7703fd46e5035400e290b878e27383b33e24ba2c28.jpeg (643x577, 84.61K)

Source please, but that sounds right

Whoever made this infograph also is a master of the game of shells.

I "heard" (isn't it someone noone knows for sure?) it's either when you somehow whole heartedly convince yourself God's word is not true, altered to your own likings or not real/applicable to you/whatever, eliminating you from ever knowing otherwise due to consciously blocking out all the evidence that would suggest it.

Either that or something else, like despair and believing you are beyond God's help, which is a paradox however because if you do despair and couldn't be forgiven for it, it would come true, so of course anyone confronted with that knowledge would reconcile. So one of those two ideas is false, and because God's word is eternal you despairing over your forgiveness probably is. All in all, OP, I would just serve as much penance as you feel is just for you, so as to show Him you care, and have faith.

If you aren't a fag, tranny, or hardcore leftist then odds are you haven't blasphemed the Holy Spirit.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_the_Apostle#Relic

Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit cannot be done accidentally, and if you are fearful that you have done it purposefully, it's almost certain that you didn't. It's basically knowing for certain that God is there, and denying him BECAUSE you know that you feel his certain presence. It's just abject hatred and denial of God in the sure knowledge that he exists and is working in your presence, it's basically not possible for even atheists to commit this sin since they believe that God doesn't exist.

The Pharisee blasphemed the Holy Spirit in that he denied Christ, despite the fact that his knowledge of scripture meant that he could have sure knowledge that Jesus really was the messiah.

An interesting theory I once read by a mormon author is that when the anti-christ comes, it will be public policy to encourage this sin by inculcating in people the absolute truth of the gospels, but also that they must be rejected because they are immoral. Think of it like an end-stage hyper-progressivism, that acknowledges gender or ethnic differences, and for this very reason demands that gender and ethnicity be destroyed. Disturbing.

Intrusive thoughts are a result of messed up brain chemistry, try pic related.

Attached: 1543444388813.png (1332x1949, 422.01K)

Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is unbelief/hopelessness. This is why it is unforgivable, for those who deny themselves hope are free to do so with all the consequences.

I'm terrified of committing this, or any unforgiveable sin. I have intrusive thoughts, and I won't stop thinking about this. Sometimes I can't even function, doing all I can to smother thoughts of blasphemy or even rejecting my soul. I repeatedly chant the opposite of the intrusive thoughts, sometimes in my head, someitmes aloud, but sometimes I stutter or my tongue slips, or I just mess up and say the very sinful things I'm fighting to avoid saying. It terrifies me, it keeps me from sleeping or being active or functioning in general. Please pray for me.

Assuming you're not a concern troll, on the one hand, it is good that you are concerned about pleasing Our Lord. On the other hand, the vigilance you describe that drives your concern is itself a sin. The sin is called scrupulosity, when it isn't a symptom of a mental disorder such as OCD:
traditionalmass.org/articles/article.php?id=4&

Attached: tumblr_mc7kdifc9h1qzi0mno1_500.jpg (500x667, 71.94K)

Same reason imo that the pharisees wore elaborate costumes with broad phylacteries. People trying to convince you to judge them not on the content of their character, but on the things that they outwardly affirm.

Bump just so nobody needs to post another thread about the unforgivable sin

Where are all the osas prots brigading from? You're seriously desperate to damn people to hell.

To blaspheme the Holy Spirit you have to knowingly and with malice of forethought claim that an evil spirit is the Holy Spirit, that the Holy Spirit is an evil spirit (claim that God is lucifer, etc), or knowingly serve another God and attempt to convince others that your God is the Holy Spirit.

Thank you. Some of it did describe what I'm going through, though I also do have OCD. Could it be both?

One thing I don't understand though is what is sinful about scrupulosity?

It is most likely both, as they often seem to occur together.

Scrupulosity is sinful because it is rooted in delusion and not in the truth. We're to find peace in Christ, not worry or fright, especially where no grounds for either exists.

catholic.com/magazine/online-edition/the-saint-who-beat-scrupulosity

This is probably a serious problem for you, so I would seek help from a qualified person if I were you. God bless you.

Attached: Jules-Alexis_Muenier_-_La_Leçon_de_catéchisme.jpg (1769x1344, 1.08M)

Out of curiosity, are there any Bible verse that come to mind that deal with this sin? It seems like it couldbe a vicious cycle where one fears other sins, then fears the sin of scrupulosity when trying to confess, etc.

I don't want to derail the thread, so maybe I'll make another if I have more questions. In the meantime, I'll try to figure out some activity or distraction from scrupulosity that doesn't cause scrupulosity itself.Thank you.