Oh mama I killed a man

I just killed a man. Am I going to hell for it?

Here is some background before you charge me for murder, I was walking home after spending my Sunday night playing snooker at the bar, on my way home, I saw a large man grabbing a child by his collar asking him for money. Wanting to rescue that child, I took out my pocket knife and dashed straight for him, stabbing him multiple times in his chest and stomach area before I was restrained by other people and the police arrive. As enough witnesses vouched me as acting in defence of the child, no charges are pressed against me…but it didnt change the fact that I killed a man

God said Thou Shalt not kill. Thou love his neighbour as himself.

Did I just breached Divine commandment?

Attached: index.jpg (192x263, 5.03K)

Within reason, could you have freed the kid without killing him and have you received any context from the kid's family? From what you've described it sounds like you acted rashly.

sage

Self defence, defence of others, and execution are all not murder
The commandment is a prohibiton against murder, or else God would be inconsistent because he already instructed execution for murder in the Noahic covenant

You probably could have acted less rashly but I don't know. Try asking a actual priest, this is a very borderline case. I was going to say my opinion but I don't want to.

No. Although your reaction was indeed extreme, you acted in defence of justice. Perhaps some kind of contemplation of divine wrath is in order, however, for the sake of your own emotional life; and you should pray for the soul of the man you killed that he be forgiven, having paid the Earthly price for his sins.

Ask your priest. Traditionally, following St Basil's rules, killing to protect others (such as in war) is a sin, but it should lead to 3 years of excommunication, unlike actual murder for which the penance is lifelong excommunication. And there's certainly something problematic with killing someone made in the image of God either way. But let your pastor figure out what's the best penance for you, if any.

If I got pissed off at a kid and grabbed him by the shirt, the last thing I'd want would be some random bloke stabbing me over a light ruffling dispute. I'm not sure if this is more of a test-your-moralism thread or it's the real deal, but this comes across as a bit over-reactant.

My understanding of the difference of killing in self defense & murder is that if it's be done as the extreme last resort to protect your life or if you know without a shadow of a doubt that if you don't intervene, someone will get murdered in turn. Killing someone over a ruffling doesn't seem like saving someone from murder and should be deterred. Perhaps living life in extreme repentance from here on out through involvement with the church(via missionary & stuff) would be the way to go as in the end only God can make the final judgement of this.

Any initiation of force with chance of harm validates lethal retaliation
The level of obligation is different for yourself, your family, and strangers though

If a stranger, clueless drunk or not, raises a hand at my wife he deserves a bullet

But why be eager to change a typical bar fight to a murder scene though. This is beyond an eye for an eye if a mere shove can justify killing someone.

agreed, christians don't belong in bars anyway

Whoever takes a human life shall surely be put to death.

If you had to kill him to save the child then its not murder. It's defence of another life which its not a sin.
Still report the killing to the cops, so that shit doesn't end up on your ass for hiding that from them.

Read the whole OP instead of the first few lines.

Life is tragic. I pray for you OP and the man who died.

It was a self defense situation

Attached: sam hyde world.jpg (960x960, 204.02K)

So, someone was shoving a child with the only known intent to rob, not kill.
Your action was one of escalation. You should be in prison and you need to repent.

Not according to the evidence given. The man was unarmed and asking for money. According to OP's story, he stabbed an unarmed beggar to death.

Grabbing a child by the collar and asking them to money is technically unarmed, so I guess you're "right" in a strict sense.
By the way if you don't trust OP's post 100%, why are you replying to the thread? Either ask him if he's hiding something about the situation or just don't reply. That goes for too.

You killed, let alone stabbed a guy for trying to get a kids pocket change, really?

What the WTP

I don't know why people with actual problems come here to make threads as if they would turn out to be anything but nonsense and shitflinging. God bless you, OP.

I don't trust anything 100% except God. That, however, doesn't mean I can't join in conversations. If OP came here seeking validation, then he came to the wrong place. Should I not rebuke my sinful brother out of love and help him see the error in his ways?

The best one can hope from the ordeal of life is to learn from it.

Well you acted in defense of the child, with the witness there to confirm your acts. If you're a believer you won't lose your salvation.

Would you feel better if you didn't help the kid and he got beat up/ killed because of your omission? Because then you would effectively killed the kid because of your omission

It sounds like you could have handled it better tbh- you could have tackled the guy or something. However, you were protecting an innocent kid, and who knows- maybe the guy would have killed the kid if you didn’t intervene. But nevertheless, I’d repent to God and ask forgiveness just in case.

This seems too weird to be real, one could just stab him once in the arm and the robbery would stop.

from the description of the situation there was 0 need to stab the man considering the described situation, you are a psychotic monster op you should feel shame.

Obviously it's made up

yes

Also, sage.

you forgot war-killing (wars are not only defensive)

The absolute state of the apostolics

Attached: sage.png (125x125, 1.84K)

Then you obviously didn't commit murder.

Come back next month.

Ask yourself this.
How big was the need for a knife in defending the child?
Was there no other way to rescue the child?

Is that a Bohemian Rhapsody reference