Branch Davidians?

Thoughts on the Branch Davidians?

Attached: Flag_of_Branch_Davidians.svg.png (2000x1220, 109.94K)

Heretics

Why?

No thanks.

Oh, Koresh believing he was the Lamb of God and creating a harem and cucking all of his followers, for a start. Then there's the whole "lighting himself and dozens of small children on fire" thing. None of this sits well with the actual Lamb of God.

ATF did that. Not saying Koresh was right.

their leader was a loon

You forgot the whole "sleeping with kids" thing, or am I thinking of someone else?

I hope he didn't, but I wouldn't be surprised. I don't think I heard that before though.

There was the whole 16-year-old forced polygamous marriage thing.

Absolutely boils my blood
The federal government readily murdered American citizens

I hope both sides boil your blood. Koresh is not the hill "sovereign" types need to die on.

the absolute state of this board

I've seen it elsewhere. It's a common theme with militia types. I just don't understand why they don't get pissed off at Koresh too. The whole thing was fubar.

Heretic, but didn't deserve what happened to him.
The federal government is criminal.

I'm one of those "militia types". Koresh is certainly in hell; I'm more upset that those children died.

t. Government

Fair enough. :)

Is there solid evidence on who started the fire? Either way, Koresh is still at fault for not releasing them earlier… like he did a lot of other kids.

Matthew 7:15

“Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.”

That was the US government.

The absolute state of state worshippers.

Obviously the leader was a heretical nutcase, but surely the fact that the government did end up murdering them all vindicates their position regarding distrust of the government.

Fair enough. I'm not a fan of either tbh.. but I wish Koresh wasn't used as a rallying cry. Ruby Ridge is far more compelling (sadly, not as well known).

Great miniseries. Government basically murders a bunch of children though. :/

Right, that was Ruby ridge

Pretty well known on Zig Forums at least. Ruby Ridge is why my family collects firearms.

Every single cult works that way.

1: easy sex lures people into joining
2: the cult has some addictive party drug (LSD, ecstasy - trippy stuff) which makes it hard to leave and harder to re-adjust to life outside the cult
3: people are constantly put on trial for wavering loyalty to the boss

Boss has money, boss has a slave army, boss impregnates all the women. Anyone who questions or challenges or disobeys the boss gets tortured into full compliance.

The best way to keep people out of cults is to make them aware that cults enslave people with a welcome package mindless pleasures. Once the honeymoon is over, they own you and everything you do.

Basically take a splinter group of a splinter group of seventh day adventists, run by aprobably autistic failed Country Rock Star with a messiah complex and send a left wing Government run by literal satanists Bill Clinton and Janet Rino to take them down, all with the recent siege of Ruby Ridge and the rise of the proto-alt-right in the background. Absolutely NOTHING could have changed that situation. I just pray that those people who even secretly kept belief in Jesus and not David as the messiah died as martyrs, and that those people who killed them (both Koresh and the government) will be judged for their actions by God.

I don't want to knock Adventism too much, but it has a bad habit of creating splinter cults. Some of them quite big now (Jehovah's Witnesses). That said, I hope some actually believed in Jesus too.

Reminder the Urantia Book was written by Liberal Adventists who worshiped UFO’s.

Attached: 5EB3B379-2F2A-4E4C-BAD2-4460F48ACC6C.png (602x963, 838.91K)

I'm familiar with the title, but didn't know what it was about. Thanks.. I'll continue to stay away.