If you belong to an Apostolic Church, who is your favorite saint?

If you belong to an Apostolic Church, who is your favorite saint?

I am a big fan of Saint Francis de Sales. He's my Confirmation saint. He's also the patron of writers and journalists, which carries great significance for me because I am a writer myself.

Attached: saint-francis-de-sales.jpg (960x1280, 628.45K)

sant mary

I deeply admire St. Phocas the gardener…

Electabuzz

Attached: original.jpg (800x755, 107.14K)

St. Electabuzz of Kanto?

My conformation saint, saint Thomas Aquinas. Before I was baptised I have heard a lot about him and was bombarded with quotes from his summa in seremons I was listening to, so I've learned a lot of him. I also admire his story of how he was locked up in a castle and tempted by a prostitute

My countryman, saint Maximilian Maria Kolbe. The main reason I like him is that he shows me the joy God can give us. His letters from Auschwitz sound as if he was on vacation.

One of my favourite popes, blessed Pius IX. His story of trying to appease the liberals and being betrayed by them should be taught to every Christian, to remind us, that our enemies hate us to the core and will not be satisfied untill the last one of us rejects Christ.

Attached: 171px-Popepiusix (1).jpg (676x900 68.54 KB, 155.27K)

I like the details in Kolbe's painting…a book on the devotion of Mary in Polish, a Japanese one since he went to the mission there, and the uniform they gave him in the prison camp, with the P for priest and number. Indeed, an awesome Saint.

Saint Antony of the desert.
But I also like a lot modern orthodox saints of the 20th century like St.Silouan and St.Porphyrios, their words are much closer to our current situation and easy to relate to.
On the Catholic side St.Bernard is very inspiring.

Attached: 1_17_anthony_abbot2.jpg (200x235, 12.19K)

St. Symeon the New Theologian

Attached: e3d8cf63a6c4b33126b7dfb9f12bb9f3715907a82dd7b8d34cef6ba7bb0d7560.jpg (664x1024, 156.88K)

if I was a pagan, I'd go with my own deity…I have an idea or two.

For my confirmation I still don't know which Saint I'll choose, either St. Augustine or St. Pius X.
They're both cool o don't know. Might choose Augustine since my convertion story was similar to his.

I'd choose Thor because I used to read comic books and I liked the dude.

Kolbe is one of my favorites as well! I first heard about him a little over a month ago at mass when he was brought up in the sermon. Then like a week later our church started preparing for a Marian consecration by reading 33 Days to Morning Glory, and he shows up in that book as well. His story is awesome, I really like the vision he saw of Mary offering him the two crowns.

I've heard that Francis made a pamphlet about Catholic beliefs and apparently it was aimed at Calvinists in Geneva. Does anyone have a link or pdf copy of it?

Mesrop Mashtots

St. Dymphna. Patron of those suffering for nervous and mental afflictions.

Attached: stdymphna.jpg (146x268, 29.68K)

Never heard of it bro. Do you know when it was published or something?

Probably during the 16th century. That's when he wrote it.

Kek I though you meant pope Francis.
Who are we talking about? St Francis Xavier?

St. Francis wrote a lot of pamphlets to try and reconvert the Protestants. He made a habit of slipping them under the doors of citizens of Geneva at night, hence his association with journalists.

Just look up "writings of St. Francis de Sales" and you'll be able to find some good stuff. I would recommend "On the Sign of the Cross" as a good place to start. He's really a remarkable saint, especially because he was doing everything he did in John Calvin's backyard.

Attached: 3d37be4fe20cf05ed8bfbe540d6c8d7b.jpg (975x1024, 252.02K)

St. Michael, and between human saints it’s a tie between St. Benedict and St. Seraphim of Serov. Both preached about chasity and the inner life, but Benedict give us the benefit of having a spiritual family, while Seraphim’s way of life is more individual based.

but of course who could ever say our at least one of the many appearances of our Mother the Queen of Creation isn’t their favorite?

Attached: 297E8369-3EDB-4DF9-949C-6F49ACCB68B9.jpeg (804x1061 666.04 KB, 110.08K)

Probably Kali Ma, because im a total degererate. Thank God, I found Christ otherwise I'd be fugged

No, saint Francis dear sales. The Bible one mentioned in the OP.

I'm specifically looking for his writings against Calvinist soteriology. Would like to know what he has to say.

Typo, I meant the one mentioned in OP. As far as I know there is no Francis de sales in the Bible.

St. Dismas, the Penitent Thief. One of the few that is revered by all apostolic churches and my confirmation saint.

Attached: 325dismas14.jpg (306x500, 50.54K)