you can't create anything even yourself if you are not EXIST at the fist place

Attached: oz6.jpg (800x537, 40.36K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_dKpeTEBYIA
ccel.org/ccel/aquinas/summa.FS_Q54_A2.html
youtube.com/watch?v=wPOviqxFllA
bibviz.com
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Gonna give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're ESL.

God is uncreated. He prexists everything and had no beginning. He is the only thing in reality that has no origin.

think for a minute about the word "God"

Think for minute about the world "god"

where in bible that say no one create him ?
also you don't know what are you saying about being "timeless" or no begin .

God , deus , deva , kami , El all is a word create by human language just like the word "country " and abstract like " hope " etc.
human word create many non-exist but have benefit only in human society

Attached: oz4.jpg (1247x1303, 118.78K)

His own self-designation, for a start. Ehyheh Asher Ehyeh/אֶהְיֶה אֲשֶׁר אֶהְיֶה .

"I AM THAT I AM." Or "I AM THE BEING." Or in New Testament terms, "Alpha and Omega", "He who was, is, and is to come."

Genesis 1-1, first page in the Bible.
"In the beginning" as in the beginning of time. "God created" it doesn't say "In the beginning God was created", In the beginning God was born", or "In the beginning God created himself."

Before time, reality, or anything else, God existed.

It's like what a thief tell to police when he got catch . the police want a name but he say " I AM WHAT I AM"!! that's not make any sense or logic

some one in bible say god is " Logos" some one say he is " love" and now " A and Z "

that was my point . just like all religion and myth about creating the book never say anything before the unmove mover. and it's no rationality

Attached: rabbit15.png (650x645, 788.46K)

You can't create something that exists outside time, user. He's always been there, unchanging.
There was no "before" the beginning because the beginning was the beginning of time.

Attached: 1438564304647.jpg (320x223, 19.87K)

The point is, God is Being itself. If there was a "before", it would not be "Being".

Go bug Hindus now. They say the same about the Brahman.

I think it's more like limit of human brain. when you use same word like that it will create some subtle meaning but no one even sure what the hell are you talking about . such like " the dark of the dark of the dark " or " life of life of life of life"

Attached: oz3.jpg (564x423, 37.46K)

Would another verse before Genesis 1-1 really help? "Before the beginning, God was.". That's pretty redundant user.

So the beginning of time is not the beginning of time?
No, it's just you and your poor English. You should practice before posting on an English imageboard.

Attached: 1430487347213-2.jpg (800x600, 39.02K)

so it's like all religion even in buddhism
the Nirvana being is no rationality just like being of god
and there are something exist without anything because " the book tell me so! "

lol oh wow let me see your time machine
einstein :)

Attached: shaggy3.jpg (640x480, 25.98K)

This. God doesn't see the world as we do, i.e. 3 spacial dimensions and 1 times dimension

Exactly. Yes it is, that's because we claim that God is something "other" than reality. We mean this in the most cosmic and mind bending way. Rational laws don't really apply to God because he created reality. A composer can't be "in tune" because he's a person, not a song. Similarly, rational laws don't apply to God because he is outside and beyond reality.

so it's like all website even in reddit
the redditor being is in no rationality just liike 44c634
and there are something exist without anything because " the website tell me so!"
lol oh wow let me see your time machine
eisenstein :^)

Attached: 1287937908683.jpg (250x250, 17.27K)

False, a created being existing outside time is irrational. If something is outside time, from our perspective it's always been there and always will be. There never was a "before" God or time, and nothing could have created him, he's just there.

Okay bud.

ok if he is beyond the time then answer me this
1. why he don't go back and save EVE from the snake in Eden garden ?
2.if he can but he is not do so just to test human or whatever then he is evil and be an actor
3.Why he create evil things ? if everything before him is not exist ? then it's not human sin for eat the fruit

Attached: oz7.jpg (640x526, 41.04K)

I read your post. What you described is rational.

Is an author evil because his characters make mistakes and suffer?

If very poorly phrased and suspiciously insistent on calling God's existence irrational because it's big, scary, and foreign. A caveman might as well call lightning irrational because he doesn't understand it.

God has always existed, and everything exists only because of Him. Nothing can be before Him, because he exists OUTSIDE OF TIME. No beginning, no end. "Existing" itself, and the concept of existing only exists because God created it.

If you want a more intelligent/philosophically sound answer then go read Aquinas, though you'll probably want to pick up a grammar textbook first.

Attached: 1455921702806.png (242x259, 102.17K)

Ah, I see. I was a bit confused by your post. I see what you're saying, now. I was trying to express the difficulty in expressing anything outside of time in any coherent way. But I suppose that doesn't really mean it's not rational.

yes
just like the cat owner who think his pets are just a fiction characters

No thanks I have enough with this no reason story

Attached: egypt6.jpg (630x810, 660.58K)

A cat owner did not create his cats, nor is he outside their time controlling their entire reality in the same way an author is. Try again.

Attached: 7b2b6372b7734540b760d28d6a6da231610446c619d120ffc43f30e4f57dae20.jpg (513x626, 27.62K)

Then go read Aquinas, he describes it in the most logical way possible. I gave you the short version of the truth, but if you want the detailed version of the truth then go bloody read it.

Attached: 1495411983807.jpg (1080x773, 126.37K)

I assume we're going to run into a disagreement on the definitions of good and evil, that's pretty common. But all 3 of your questions all lead to the question of suffering. "Why do people suffer if God is all powerful and all loving?"

The answer is Free Will, which God has given each of us. However, Free Will itself is only free will if you can choose between right and wrong. Which of course implies the ability to choose wrong. If God fixed every wrong choice people made, that wouldn't be a world with free will at all. That would be a world filled with God's puppets.

What part of "unmoved mover" and "uncaused causer" don't you smug yet stupid gaytheist don't understand?

Attached: 700.jpg (208x326, 9.31K)

You must be aware that an infinite loop of creation is impossible. Like we go to your good old Catholic big bang theory that came from a singularity, but who created singularity? An atheist would say something like "well I don't know, but neither do you". Well that's true, we can't know, but we can assume that it came from somewhere as it is material and therefore contains energy, and as the first law of thermodynamics says "The first law, also known as Law of Conservation of Energy, states that energy cannot be created or destroyed in an isolated system.", universe being an isolated system as a whole. So singularity came from something else, and that else may or may not have come from something else, it doesn't matter, as stated in the first sentence "an infinite loop is impossible" no matter how far back we go we meet the wall of being aware that we exist, and that means we were made from something. We exist within space and time, or else our lives would happen nowhere or nowhen, but both space and time were created. God on the other hand is neither material (he is metaphysical), nor is he bound by time -→ therefore saying that God created himself is meaningless as he was never created as he is not bound by matter, and he "always" existed as he is not bound by time (humans can't comprehend that)

Having a creator implies you were created. In order to be created you need to be bound/affected by time. God created time, so he can't be bound by it. Therefore, God had no creator.

It's what happens when you don't teach kids anything about metaphysics in school.

Whatever . if you act like things you create is merely a puppet to suffer and you want to see it's going on it's evil. especially when you are the most powerful being . you can't denied your responsibility.

Logic of who still think the world is flat ? No thanks

Free will ? then he already know that EVE can be lie by the snake. And so why he blame human for what he already know ? more over god seem have many emotion like he never expect many bad things will happen with human. such like he sad and destroy human in Noah age.
seriously dude all of this will more make sense if god can't control the time and not exist before the time or at least his power to control the time is limit

thank for your confess finally :)
here is your reward

youtube.com/watch?v=_dKpeTEBYIA

Attached: rabbit13.jpg (563x721, 70.2K)

Let me help you out.

Attached: berdyaev.png (446x639, 93.91K)

The virgin Mary bore God into space and time, and through his death and resurrection bore us into eternity. Mary is Jesus's eternal mom from space and time

Attached: 7675463.png (1359x811, 184.47K)

Aquinas taught that the world was round though. Please study up what you're going to complain about before looking like an idiot.

ccel.org/ccel/aquinas/summa.FS_Q54_A2.html

It should be also noted that linking various art pieces and video game OST just makes it look like you're trying to compensate for said lazy researching.

you're mom

But that would make it even MORE absurd to not know even the most basic things about God.

Just because he knows what someone will do doesn't mean he's forcing them. Eve was the one who made the choice.
If I cheat on a test by reading the answers that doesn't mean I made "C" the right answer.
God wants us to choose good and be what we are meant to be. He is deeply affected by our failures and sins, however that doesn't make our sins any less wrong or deserving of any less justice.
see answer 1

OP has now reached the point where he's just shitposting so he can try and make it look like he was just being an epic troll the whole time.

Cheater always cheat that's not an excuse
And exactly it's his failures and sins at the first place. and "god" fix our (or exactly HIS) problems by violence ways aka. the flood / killing / not in the peaceful way, consider his powerful he can fix it in many possible way more than killing

So that's Aquinus ? he seem better than Augustine but still no answer
and then europe stuck in dark age for 1000 years thanks "saint" aquinus

Attached: Mars.png (940x627, 798.01K)

my mom ? so you are going to say I AM GOD !?
no I am buddhist. from my poor grammar you can see I am Thailand native

youtube.com/watch?v=wPOviqxFllA

Attached: 336.jpg (286x176, 11.44K)

God is eternal and has always existed. Any more questions?

I feel like your being deliberately obtuse, but assuming you actually don't understand i'll try to put it in terms you might understand.
Let's say our Universe is like a video game. and God the programmer. the laws that govern our "video game" world are not the same laws that govern the world outside the program right? so it is impossible for the program to conceive of anything outside of the program. so since God is outside the program he isn't subject to the same laws we are, for all we know everything outside the program has no creator, not only do we not know we cannot know. so when you ask "if God created everything then who created Him?" what you're really asking is "why can't I see threw the eyes of God" well cause your not God stupid.

Please re-read your statement and try to really take in the hell your asking for. If the World were made in such a way that no suffering or evil ever took place than good wouldn't be good. you need to have an inverse to compare it to. this hedonic paradise you demand of God would be a terrible place to live in. it's like if the world had no dark and only light then the light would lose meaning you understand? besides we as humans have little to no understanding of the our purpose in this world. if we were given free will then perhapes this life is a test to see what man will strive for, virtue, love and good. or hedonism, lust, and evil. I don't understand how if this situation were to be true that that would somehow make God evil. it seems like you have no understanding of neuonce or logic. and it could potentialy be a cultural barrier. maybe in whatever horrid part of the world your from everything is incredibly letteral. but the vast majority of the bible is alagoical. the only way you can explian the world of God is to put it into terms that man can understand. So it's not like eve was really tempted by a talking snake it's a metaphor dude. it's funny you know. so many atheist, or whatever kind of heathen you are, critize Christain as being simple minded because you think we think the bible is this ultra letteral work. one infact it's dolts like you that hold that beliefe.
and i know what you'll say next you predictable stooge "but how come you say bible word of god but it no be litteral it be meafour?" The bible is inspired by God silly it's not like the prophets pulled out a type writter and God wrote the bible with their hands. the bible is a collection of stories and historical accounts that not only helps guide us through life but also helps explian why we should act in certain ways and what are place in the world is.

wow, your a special knd of stupid aren't you? have you ever read the bible? why don't you go sit under a tree for forty years than come back on this board after you had your first rational thought.

(-___-;) this is why your Inquisition can not be exist anymore…..

and a lot of contradict in itself…
here take a look….
bibviz.com

Attached: paddington1.jpg (640x331, 41.97K)

Attached: Atheist attempts theology.jpg (671x751, 75.77K)

You're misunderstanding what I am saying. Cheating on a test was my attempt at a metaphor to talk about God's omnipresence and its relationship to our own free will. Some people will claim that the two contradict each other, I argue that there's nothing contradictory about it.

We are responsible for ourselves. We all have free will and may make choices for our own reasons. That means we are responsible for our own actions. God is not responsible for someone committing evil acts.

If a person sins, then God is hurt deeply, much like a parent watching their child fail and hurt themselves. However, God wants us to be able to choose for ourselves. If a parent always intervenes and never allows their child to fail, the child will grow up to be unable to do anything for themselves.

That's Nikolai Berdyaev you goof, it's even in the filename. Also
Ah, so you're historically and linguistically illiterate. Got it.

And the so-called Buddhist continues to resort to Atheist talking points. Quaint.
Given that their idea of 'contradiction' is screeching about two entirely different people doing different things under different offices, forgive me for not taking their laughable exegesis seriously.
Keep going, though, we haven't had a thread this funny since the pickles user (bless his heart).

Oh wow, I haven't seen this site in years. I suppose it was only a matter of time before they added the sections on misogyny and homophobia. Maybe they'll add in the sections on transphobia soon.