God's overall neutral t'words slavery

We usually wonder why God is neutral and even promotes slavery in some cases. It is probably the biggest "evidence" skeptics™ have against God being moral. I say that Jesus said to take his yoke upon him because his burden is light(Matthew 11:29) when you follow the teachings of Jesus a huge burden is lifted off your shoulders. In a world where Christians are suffering because they followed the teachings of Jesus and are now starving because they sold everything being doesn't seem all that bad anymore. When you're a slave you are guaranteed food and shelter. When you're a genuine christian you might be starving or perhaps God will send down provision but you will still suffer a lot of tribulation.

When you build upon the teachings of Jesus you can justify why God still allows slavery, when you try to build upon the shifting sands of the prosperity gospel the elephant in the room will always be things like God allowing slavery and until you are able to justify slavery as a refuge for suffering Christians there will be something burning a hole through your soul trying to justify why God will allow such an institution.

Attached: tom02.jpg (256x301, 41.86K)

Where do you get this idea? The Bible is about leaving slavery (exodus, baptism) and learning to live free which can only come from the Lord. Slavery as a punishment is the nature of reality and is undeniable. But Christ calls us to be merciful which is why we don't enslave nations but jews and muslims do.
We don't become slaves because being a slave is good. It's never portrayed as a good thing and God destroyed that large group of israelites in the torah because they were complaining that they had to wander through the desert instead of having food and shelter as a slave in Egypt. This is in direct conflict with your theory.

The thing with Exodus is that the Israelites were given the opportunity to escape slavery in Egypt and yes being a slave is easier than obeying God. If a slave is given the opportunity to be free they should definitely take it, slavery is not an excuse to disobey God, if God wants you to be free so you c

Or God destroyed them because they valued comfort over the one true faith?

Yeah well, I think it's time for you to learn that skeptics and liberals don't actually care about morality or right and wrong. The only reason they bring up slavery is because it's a low effort, but effective way to fling shit at christianity. It's also easy to associate it with "muh racism", which is why you have lots of spergy retards opening threads every single week about how "race-mixing isn't wrong" and "racism is a sin", neither which are statements that are in any way shape or form supported by scripture.

Isn't that what I said? They wanted the comforts of slavery instead of the hard path to freedom which is granted by God

I thought you implied that God punished them because they didn't value freedom. I don't think it's slavery vs freedom, it's Egyptian polytheism (but with comfort) vs the true faith (but with no comfort). I.e. it doesn't follow that God disapporves of Negroe Christians being slaves in White Christian America.

He doesnt. Its a modern retarded meme, that equates patience and regulation with approval. And Slavery discussed by then was debt slavery that was ironically somewhat better than modern day employment as master had to provide with food and shelter at least.

U wot m8?
God is good. He is the standard of goodness.

Is there a question buried in that wall of text?

bruh, even the New Testament doesn't outlaw slavery

Luke 6:31

The indentured servitude of the NT is nothing like Western chattel slavery.

ergo, be a dutiful slave, because if you had a slave you would want him to be dutiful. Also be a compassionate master, because if you had a master you would want him to be compassionate.

Yes, I'm aware of that.

Would you want to be a slave in the first place? I wouldn't, so I wouldn't keep others as slaves.

I don't want to work at all. I don't want to eat and drink either. It's a hassle. I want to be able to live forever without eating or drinking or working. I also want to be 6'5" and ripped without working out, and have a beautiful, submissive wife.

It's all the same. To be without God is to be a slave.

However, it doesnt prove that it isnt a shitty system or that God likes it. For reference:

Slavery wasn't this big meme everyone makes it out to be.
Like Literacy, it's a misinterpreted conotation. Literacy used to mean knowledge of Greek and Latin, not reading advertisements on a billboard.
Slavery used to mean you have a job you can't get out of due to debt. But now they give you some colorful paper so you can choose from a thousand similar Nike's instead of just being handed over a pair of shoes by your Lord.

the ancient meaning of slavery is probably more equivalent to "employment" in today's vocabulary.
i'd kill for three meals and a roof instead of winnie the pooh 300 bucks a week that ends up going into my shitbox designed-to-fail car that keeps getting winnie the poohed by all the potholes in my state's run down roads that i have to pay tolls to drive on.
at least i'm white tho

Attached: its all so tiresome.jpg (288x339, 32.44K)

Attached: d632b9e7107659aeff39ce0c1aea2ac7.png (420x420, 302.24K)

It's because we all worship a god, whether it's ourselves, materials or GOD.
Jesus tells us to follow Him because he is a good master, in whom we will find peace and eternal resting. Meanwhile Satan and his pathS will only lead us to destruction.

Do you think the Christian life here on earth is a walk in the park? We are not of this world. And the world hate Christ. Therefore we will suffer tribulations. If the Christian life was so easy Christ would have had gazillians followers, not 12.

And also how it's funny that God supposedly allows slavery but then the first people to abolish slavery is Christians. Meanwhile in today's Japan people are working like cattle and today's muslim countries there are still slavery going on

As others have said, slavery in the ancient world was pretty much nothing like slavery in the American South. In particular, it wasn't based on race. Roman nobles frequently kept slaves of Roman descent, although it was more common to have Greek slaves or slaves from some of the provinces in Europe that the Romans conquered. There was never any sense that if you belonged to a certain race you were automatically bound to slavery. That's a much newer idea.

Was this about enslavement of a genealogy or just him?

God doesn't promote slavery in the Bible. It was accepted, but not promoted. If it was explicitly forbidden, then the gospel would have become a political movement and the acceptance of the gospel would have become very difficult in the slave (debt slavery) societies they had ~2000 years ago.

Attached: Jews Slave Trade.png (1280x1440, 1017.24K)