Where do people get their based interpretations of Christianity?

I am a church going cradle Catholic and until I found Zig Forums and got redpilled I was a pacifist feminist zionist. My father read a chapter of the Bible to me every night as a child and I went to a Catholic high school and college. Christianity itself never brought any redpills to me whether from the Bible, school, or mass. Only imageboards taught me how to be a proper conservative. Yet, I get the feeling many of you had a redpilled understanding of the Bible from the beginning. So my question is how? How did you get “Go ahead and try to hit me again, I dare you.” out of turn the other cheek? The concept of such a redpilled interpretation of Christianity seems so foreign to me, yet I get the feeling you’re right. So how did you come to the proper understanding and I didn’t despite my devoutness and education?

Attached: 708F7FC3-4558-41F8-B433-2CE433BB14D5.jpeg (620x342, 151.5K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turning_the_other_cheek#Nonviolent_resistance_interpretation
webarchive.nrscotland.gov.uk/20170106024915/http://www.nas.gov.uk/about/090401.asp
webarchive.nrscotland.gov.uk/20170106033856/http://www.nas.gov.uk/downloads/declarationArbroath.pdf
endtime.com/blog/666-or-616-the-number-of-the-beast/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

"Turn the other cheek" literally means turn the other cheek, it means let them strike you again. It should be kept in mind however that this relates to "inimicus" (one's personal enemies) not "hostis" (enemy in the sense of combat/warfare), it has nothing to do with warfare. Christianity is not pacificist.

How did you come to an understanding without zionism though? I didn’t question the God’s chosen meme because jews weren’t well liked in my school (however everyone was oddly spergy if you didn’t worship the holocaust) and I assumed God took pity on them or something. However, once I learned they genocided the Christian Russians I became more open to alternatives like edomite theory. Did Christianity give you an understanding of their treachery from the beginning? The other kids in my class seemed to know something I didn’t.

He did. "Forgive them Father, they know not what they do". That doesn't mean he sanctions their evil doing. God wants them to repent and come back to Him. I became "redpilled" on Jews before I embraced Christianity (I still haven't converted, I'm attending an Orthodox Church), but I don't hate Jews, and would like them to embrace their Messiah.

I can’t think like that. Either they do good so they’re genetic Israelites or they do evil and must be genetically something else. I never believed in free will as most people understand it. The Bible was always clear God designs some people for good and some for evil.

Sounds like you basically believe in Calvinism, which is a vile heresy. Good luck with that, I guess.

But Paul wasn’t a Calvinist.

He's talking about free will.

If you believe in the Bible only in ways that align with your Zig Forumsish, pseudo-macho imageboard ideology(or any other ideology), you are no longer a christian, but an "redpilled" fool LARPing as a christian.
It's for the most part what we now call non-violent resistance(both Gandhi and MLK got their inspiration from the Gospels, and Tolstoi's commentary on them)
Strangely, it seems to actually work as a means of social change.

Attached: quote-the-tyrant-dies-and-his-rule-ends-the-martyr-dies-and-his-rule-begins-soren-kierkegaard-298627.jpg (500x361 49.34 KB, 87.9K)

To a worm in horseradish, the world is horseradish. So to a man in globohomo, everything, including God, is globohomo. Only when you break out of the zeitgeist can you start to realize just how perverted Christianity has become.

And if you believe in the bible only in ways that align with the gynocratic globohomo regime you are merely a fool LARPing as a christian. By quantity, these are the far bigger problem than Zig Forums christians.

By reading the Bible. If you want anti-Zionism then read the woes of the Pharisees (Matthew 23), there is also the martyrdom of St. Stephen.

If you want anti-communism you can read Mark 14:4 - 7. And if you want anti-pacifism St Paul will let you know that soldiers are not barred from Christian life.

If you want anti-feminism, that's covered also in the parts about Sodom.

Attached: LGBTHistory.jpg (475x395, 39.06K)

I said "or any other ideology"
The fact that one is less retarded than the other is no excuse.
In fact, given it may appear to be semi-compatible at first it is all the more reason to reject such imixtions between the 2, given it gives it a veneer of virtue, making it all the more insidious.

By understanding the difference between denotation and conotation.

Romans 12:17-20
Do not avenge yourselves, beloved, but leave room for God’s wrath. For it is written: “Vengeance is Mine; I will repay, says the Lord.” On the contrary, “If your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him a drink. For in so doing, you will heap burning coals on his head.”

I hope this better clarifies the 'turn the other cheek' statement made by Jesus. As for being 'redpilled' from the Bible, if you earnestly seek and pray for wisdom and guidance from God, he will give it to you.

Attached: Mountains Sunset.png (1920x1080, 1.64M)

Outright stupidity.
Warfare is a legit New Testament doctrine. Get used to it. Jesus didn't come in peace, but brought it to those worthy of it.

Are you ok, user? I said in my post that Christianity is not pacificist.

I see the problem here.

pro-tip: Your feelings are irrelevant in the determination of truth.
< There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.

Fr. Nectou said free will is deterministic and follows God’s plan. Paul did too in Romans 9. Here’s an excerpt from Nectou.

It’s not an unfounded feeling. My old understanding of Christianity resulted in me getting exploited. Yet based Christians seem to usually become successful.

Crusader memes and wikipeida article about turning the other cheek.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turning_the_other_cheek#Nonviolent_resistance_interpretation

An interest in history would do it. Any interest beyond the sound bite level of events such as the French Revolution alone would probably do it, too.

Attached: Lycoperdon_perlatum_95340.jpg (2832x2128, 1.44M)

Any books you recommend?

Oh man, those puffballs are wonderful roasted over a fire and with noodles, asuming you get them before they turn to dust.

Amos 5:26 - Star of David is an idol
St. Matthew 28:11-15 - The Jewish account of the Resurrection is a total fabrication
St. Matthew 27:15-26; St. Mark 15:6-15; St. Luke 23:17-25; St. John 19:14-16 - The Jews killed Jesus Christ
St. Matthew 27:23,25; St. Mark 15:14; St. Luke 23:14-16,22; St. John 19:12 - Herod didn't want to crucify Him
Romans 9:6-8 - The Jews (even assuming they are Israelites, which they in all likelihood aren't) are not the true Israelites
1 Thessalonians 2:14-16 - The Jews killed Jesus and the prophets, persecute the Church, displease God, are adversaries of all men, attempt to stop the salvation of non-Jews, and the wrath of God will come upon them

There's more, but these were some that immediately came to mind.

Attached: star of remphan moloch saturn satan NOT DAVID.png (400x294, 87.96K)

But 6+6+6=18

That's great, but the number of the beast is 616.

That's great, but I don't believe in rewriting the Bible.

Not sure where you get that but 6 * 10 ^ 6 = 6000000

Please tell me you're not one of those people who think the KJV is the original Bible …

Attached: 616.jpg (480x360, 32.91K)

Your best life now, huh, OP, is that what this is about?
Or is it that you've now discovered "The Secret™" to real Christianity?

These things have all been tried before.

Attached: osteen-vs-st-paul.png (500x566, 146.45K)

Anti prosperity gospelists disturb me because they seem to border on communist propaganda. I don't think Jesus ever said to hate or envy the rich. In fact He encouraged risk taking and entrepreneurship in His parable of the talents.

I'm just Orthodox… I don't know how you can be raised Catholic and not know about this stuff. Is it really that bad?

Attached: christ icon.jpg (408x602, 47.57K)

My personal belief is that Good made the Jews his chosen people because they were the most flawed and human of all of us and through this, He could show his everlasting love to the rest of the world through them much better as they seem to embody some of humanities worst aspects.

Fug. Zig Forums even suck at biblical exposition.
These refer to Babylonian idols, dude, not the star of David which wasn't even a thing until a good thousand years after Amos wrote.

>reading into scripture what their itching ears want to be true
I get it now: Zig Forums is a cult.
If there were more of you, or if there were Bishops of the internet, you'd have been declared anathema by now.

In the US yes. I hear it’s even worse in Brazil with the Catholics being unironic communists which is just a euphemism for jewish supremacist fascism as stated in the protocols of zion. Which is a great book. I think Brother Nathaniel recommends it.

Sounds like it would make a good Hollywood movie but it doesn’t agree with the scripture I’ve read.

“For thou art an holy people unto the LORD thy God: the LORD thy God hath chosen thee to be a peculiar people unto himself, above all peoples that are upon the face of the earth. The LORD did not set his love upon you, nor choose you, because ye were more in number than any people; for ye were the fewest of all peoples: but because the LORD loveth you, and because he would keep the oath which he sware unto your fathers, hath the LORD brought you out with a mighty hand, and redeemed you out of the house of bondage, from the hand of Pharaoh king of Egypt. Know therefore that the LORD thy God, he is God; the faithful God, which keepeth covenant and mercy with them that love him and keep his commandments to a thousand generations; and repayeth them that hate him to their face, to destroy them: he will not be slack to him that hateth him, he will repay him to his face. Thou shalt therefore keep the commandment, and the statutes, and the judgements, which I command thee this day, to do them. And it shall come to pass, because ye hearken to these judgements, and keep, and do them, that the LORD thy God shall keep with thee the covenant and the mercy which he sware unto thy fathers:”
‭‭Deuteronomy‬ ‭7:6-12‬ ‭

It looks to me like the Israelites were chosen because they love God and kept His commandments and God even said they would continue to do so and that’s why He would continue His covenant with them forever. The jews clearly haven’t done done this because they rejected and killed Jesus. So the real Israelites would like be whoever is virtuous and loves God and follows His commandments today. Maybe it’s Hungary or American “rural retards.” Who knows?

Not sure where you get that but 6^10^6 gives my calculator AIDS.

Isaiah 24:15

webarchive.nrscotland.gov.uk/20170106024915/http://www.nas.gov.uk/about/090401.asp

webarchive.nrscotland.gov.uk/20170106033856/http://www.nas.gov.uk/downloads/declarationArbroath.pdf

National Archives of Scotland for reading it, just thought it would be of interest

Ah yes, I’ve heard of the Scotts being Israelites! This actually excites me because I recently learned my family name comes from a Scottish colony that moved to Hungary.

You have the answer in your flag.

Attached: germanization of christianity.jpg (314x500, 34.97K)

Berean Study Bible Par ▾
Jerusalem's Unfaithfulness

1Again the word of the LORD came to me, saying, 2“Son of man, confront Jerusalem with her abominations 3and tell her this is what the Lord GOD says to Jerusalem: ‘Your origin and your birth were in the land of the Canaanites. Your father was an Amorite and your mother a Hittite. 4On the day of your birth your cord was not cut, nor were you washed with water for cleansing. You were not rubbed with salt or wrapped in cloths. 5No one cared enough for you to do even one of these things out of compassion for you. Instead, you were thrown out into the open field, because you were despised on the day of your birth.

6Then I passed by you and saw you squirming in your blood, and as you lay there in your blood I said to you, “Live!” There I said to you, “Live!” 7I made you thrive like a plant of the field. You grew up and matured and became very beautiful. Your breasts were formed and your hair grew, but you were naked and bare.

8Then I passed by you and saw you, and you were indeed old enough for love. So I spread My cloak over you and covered your nakedness. I pledged Myself to you, entered into a covenant with you, and you became Mine, declares the Lord GOD. 9Then I bathed you with water, rinsed off your blood, and anointed you with oil. 10I clothed you in embroidered cloth and provided you sandals of fine leather. I wrapped you in fine linen and covered you with silk. 11I adorned you with jewelry, and I put bracelets on your wrists and a chain around your neck. 12I put a ring in your nose, earrings on your ears, and a beautiful crown upon your head.

13So you were adorned with gold and silver, and your clothes were of fine linen, silk, and embroidered cloth. You ate fine flour, honey, and oil. You became very beautiful and rose to be a queen. 14Your fame spread among the nations on account of your beauty, for it was perfect in the splendor I bestowed on you, declares the Lord GOD.

The Bible

Sources from the Third Century say six hundred, the score and six.
endtime.com/blog/666-or-616-the-number-of-the-beast/

*three score

Orthodoxy.

Attached: 23dda95fabad01cfe62cb0134d3e7c4e.png (432x619, 520.72K)

Prosperity gospel is heresy, so when you say "anti prosperity gospelists" you're just referring to traditional Christians.

Read the Bible cover to cover, rather than letting some authority choose for you which passages to read.

The Bible's pretty clear about the situation of those Jews who rejected Christ (which today is almost everyone calling himself a Jew), and it's not good. Your priest isn't going to tell you this, because he bows to the world's standards of morality and is afraid of being called an anti-Semite. Better, he thinks, to focus on the things in the Bible that won't make people angry. This isn't a problem unique to the Roman church, of course, all denominations are struggling with it. It's a bit easier for an individual believer to figure things out in a denomination that emphasizes the absolute authority of Scripture, though.

How did you get to be so spectacularly wrong from one scripture reading? Gotta be an astounding record in bad exegesis, I might ring those Guinness people.

The ACTUAL answer is something you yourself copy-n-pasted, but let me break it down for you:
>The LORD did not set his love upon you, nor choose you, because ye were more in number than any people; for ye were the fewest of all peoples:
So, it's not because they were big, powerful, more numerous, wealthier, or anything else, but …
>but because the LORD loveth you,
It had nothing to do with Israel, or what they were, or even what they could do for God. It was entirely HIS sovereign choice purely because He loved them. And why did He love them …? No reason. At least never one He states, although the following gives us a clue:
>and because he would keep the oath which he sware unto your fathers, hath the LORD brought you out with a mighty hand, and redeemed you out of the house of bondage, from the hand of Pharaoh king of Egypt.
Maybe He loved them because He chose to love them for Abraham's sake, so that His promise to Abraham would not fail to be fulfilled.

So, it had nothing to do with them being devoted to God, if anything it was purely because Abraham was devoted to God that His descendants prospered under God's love.

Attached: dafuq-ani.gif (334x251, 1.27M)

winnie the pooh, you're retarded.

>the LORD thy God shall keep with thee the covenant and the mercy which he sware unto thy fathers
=/=
< #theologyfail #expositionfail #profundus_disappointmentus
God doesn't DO quid pro quo. It is grace, pure, unlimited, unending grace. It has nothing to do with who we are; it has everything to do with who HE is.

Is this seriously what you guys spend all day doing – inventing bad theology?

Oh no, you're one of those faith not works people.

Even Catholics are a faith not works group if you actually look at their description of works and what constitutes them and what causes them. Basically the only "work" based faith that is any way related to Christianity is Judaism.

What am I even reading?

Attached: 5233a68cc10b10ccac9b1edb3a00652f8868fa3ec73e8da2d688c8a21471e00e (1).png (572x550, 97.78K)

Do yourself a favor and look at catholic doctrine and what they say causes works.