How can everyone born before Christ "go to hell" like what the actual winnie the pooh...

How can everyone born before Christ "go to hell" like what the actual winnie the pooh, they didnt even know or expect a Christ to exist so why are they in hell or purgatory or whatever . Another reason why I cant get too deep into this Christian stuff . There's too much speculation

Attached: 1258.jpg (400x600, 33.52K)

In God, all things are possible.
Have faith in that.
Not what some high doctrinal monkey yells at in your face.

St. Justin Martyr (First Apology 46 [A.D. 151]).

It is stated in the Bible that there were two compartments of the underworld: a provisionary paradise, for the (faithful) children of Abraham, the faithful before Abraham, and those who lived according to reason. This compartment is now empty; see "The Harrowing of Hell". The other compartment is Hell/Gehenna, which is still in use.

Wow.
Which fringe pastor did you steal that one from?

Please awaken me form my nightmare.

Attached: ___.png (607x515, 610.15K)

its in the New Testament iirc

Its Catholic doctrine. Never heard of the limbo of the Patriarchs?

For God's sake (literally) and your own, please read your Bible. 1 Peter chapters 3 and 4, and Ephesians 4. It's even in the Apostle's creed.

Attached: image.jpg (1732x1920, 802.46K)

Lol. So which one is it?

It's fringe nosnense misinterpreted by sick psychophants.
The gall to claim knowledge of the afterlife with sections and drawers.
Next you'll tell me God has a special cupboard for the souls of dead cats.

FFS, user. Jesus describes the pre-crucifixion afterlife as paradise with Abraham across a great chasm from Gehenna. It isn't even remotely fringe, it's Church doctrine from as early as the NewTestament. Why are you being retarded on purpose?

Not everyone before Christ went to hell. Those who were righteous before God went to Abraham's bosom. God will judge perfectly all those who were born before Christ entered the world. As for people nowadays, it's difficult to find someone that hasn't heard of Jesus or the gospel.

Attached: sorry.jpg (736x880, 134.21K)

Bull.
I read the Bible and he did it all in a marvelous poetic metaphor.
It's crazies like you that take it all for dead words in stone and ruin the faith.

Rather than argue with you I'm going to hope a mod cleans up the mess you're making.

And you know all this how?

Wow.
Do you even know what a metaphor is and how to read one?
It's literalist morons like you that ruins this board.

Because it LITERALLY is a metaphor.
You can quote scripture as much as you like, but if you can't understand basic literature interpretation and take it for its word, how can any sane person take you seriously?
Who was Abraham? What does he represent? Why would he have a chasm and cradle people like Socrates until Jesus would come?
Your faith is so weak that you don't dare ask these questions and throw yourselves into blind idiocy, spreading it like others, instead of manning up and seeing an even greater picture.
It's fools and lukewarms like you that ruin this board, not me.

Damnation is everlasting. The unrepentant still go to hell. This is explicitly stated all throughout the New Testament, and Christ preached about Hell far mor than He preached about Heaven.

Offer scriptural proof, please. Why are you so triggered by Biblical doctrine? You're the one citing only your Le Supreme Intellect instead of the inspired Word of God and Chrurch doctrine.

The limbo of the Patriarchs is Abraham's bosom.

That theory comes from some guy named Jesus of Nazareth. A lot of Christians have rejected his teachings as being too extreme but I like him.

Gehenna is not a thing yet. Gehenna is the lake of fire where all the wicked, Hell, and death will be thrown into at the final judgement. You say it yourself - we speak of "the Harrowing of Hell". All people went to Hell/Sheol/the grave/the abode of the dead/etc.

Limbo is a theologoumenon in Catholicism, isn't it?

"Abraham's Bosom" was in Hell. Because Abraham was in Hell. Like everyone else.

The patriarchs of Israel and the prophets did expect a Christ to exist. Open a Bible for once.
There is no speculation on the subject. Jesus went down into Hell to rescue the righteous and the repentant who were expecting Him. He opened up Paradise (Heaven) for them, and for us.

Attached: resurrection2.jpg (1024x1553, 324.12K)

Meh kinda. The limbo of the Patriarchs (aka Abraham's bosom, located in hell) isn't one since its existence is explicit in the scriptures.
Now as for the limbo of the infants (where unbaptised babies go, located in hell as well), it can be considered a theologoumenon, since its only an opinion, a likely one but still an opinion shared by most theologians and has no concrete support in the scriptures and mainly developed by St. Augustine.

Because they still broke God's law

Oh, they knew who the Son is after they and He entered into Sheol.

Bosom of abraham/purgatory.
Reminder that jesus went to hell for 3 days.

Well, if you are Orthodox or Catholic you will be told that God judges them based off the merits of their heart. So if there is a cannibalistic tribe in Africa that no one can talk to or approach, then the ones within that tribe who say and act with "This is wrong, killing others and eating them is not right and I reject this" will be saved. For the most important commandment is loved, and blessed are those who follow this in a society ignorant of it. They follow it because they realize as humans created by God, that God did not them to do this.

But for those North Sentinelese and other tribes that kill people, yeah they probably won't be initially saved. Of course only God knows if one of them realizes how wrong their ways are in killing others.

I'm Orthodox and this is wrong. God judges based off the merits of our heart, but without baptism and the Eucharist our heart cannot be in good standing with God. If there is a cannibalistic tribe in Africa that is untouched, they will all go to Hell, no questions asked.

St Paul is here praising the Gentiles for being led by their heart and the grace of God to join the Church, he is not saying that Gentiles outside the Church can be saved.

Why can't I fap to this?

When it comes it shoots like bricks, but at least this fucer isn't not as bald as this, yet

I would winnie the pooh the shit out of that guy named christ and yell bloody mary as I whipped a curtain asking for the poor person on stage mcbeth is always yelling at. Damn you bacchus for getting my wine and water confused

Just to confirm, did jews in Levitical law before jesus goto heaven (the ones that followed the doctrine)? because im borderline confused and drunk

They don't go to hell, they stay in Sheol until judgment when the best of them will be saved by the grace of God.
Call Sheol limbus if you want.

So do catholics. Salvation outside the church is possible theoretically, but unlikely. That tribesman had to live a perfect life according to the natural law and looking for God. Then at some point even one second before death Jesus would reveal Himself to him and that man if he believed he would wish for the baptism, but being unable to receive it now he would go to have thanks to the baptism by desire.
But again this are only theoretical hypothesis.
Whether this happens or not its up to God.

Everyone is judged by the measure of their knowledge (Deuteronomy 1:35-39, Luke 12:47-48, John 9:40-41, John 15:22-24, Romans 2:12-15, Romans 5:13). Those who didn't know about Jesus Christ, whether born before or after His first coming, are not by definition in hell, they are judged fairly. The same goes for those who didn't know about the law of Moses in the OT. Everyone is judged with equity (Psalms 98:8-9).

Are you having a stroke?

Thats Jewish

Gettin real winnie the pooh sick of this thread

Than sage it instead of bumping it, friend.