What exactly was he wrong about?

What exactly was he wrong about?

Attached: 5EBFB577-1790-471A-9D8F-C0662F3E89CD.jpeg (485x658, 76.58K)

Other urls found in this thread:

arcaneknowledge.org/catholic/origen3.htm#s3_5
twitter.com/AnonBabble

steven anderson?

New phone, who dis?

Origen of Alexandria, apparently.
For those who don't know, Origen is an outlier among the Church Fathers in that he held a particular, highly heterodox view, mainly the HOPE that all would be saved. I emphasize hope because it is commonly levied at him that he firmly believed all would be saved; a bishop (no not Barron) even accused him of claiming that Satan would repent and be redeemed, an accusation he repeatedly denied. On the flip side, he was the first to articulate the ransom theory of atonement, to which the Church his highly indebted, and on the controversial side he was also one of the first and the most compelling proponents of an allegorical interpretation of Genesis, which I imagine was unfavorably compared to the works of Philo, and Alexandrian Jew of the 1st century B.C. who put forth a highly allegorical and highly platonic interpretation of the OT (although that's just my speculation).
So yeah, his theology ran a pretty weird gambit, and as such he's the only Church Father afaik who was denied the honor of sainthood.

Attached: origen.jpg (765x900, 270.93K)

Tertullian isn't a Saint as well, but it's because he decided to leave the church willingly.
His writings in his Catholic times are good though.

b***ards.

He was wrong on cutting is benis.
I don't think he ever preached many of the errors held by the origenists long after he was dead.
He died a martyr, held the faith, BTFO pagan philosophers in apologetics, and educated a saint (Gregory Thaumaturgus).
He was slightly wrong on certain subjects but this was far early than those teachings and dogmas were defined, so he was not guilty of heresy but only errors in good faith.

Unironically beatify him.

I forgot he gave us the Hexapla, a chart of comparison of the whole Bible in all the major translations of his time.
The Vulgate was made using the Hexapla (now lost).

Nothing personal

Those dogmas are explicit from tradition and the Bible, just because they weren't explicitly wrote in a council doesn't mean they weren't to be believed.
Although yeah I also think origen did it in good faith (if he wasn't warned of his wrong theories) because back then you had to cross check lots of references, while today a quick Google search tells you the dogmas of the church.
He might be in heaven, but I think he will never be canonised.

I could probably name more than 12 Catholic canonized (((saints))) that are more full of bull that this guy.

Hmmm you sure you want to go that way user?

Of course saints teaching are not infallible, it remains to be known if Origen was warned of his errors during his lifetime or not. Because if he was warned and kept his theories regardless he is not in a good place.
A Saint might err like a normal human being, but if warned by the Church that he is wrong he must comply. Don't know if that's the case with Origen or not.

I doubt you and your ridiculous doctrine based on magic.
I have no doubt in God whatsoever.
I want to go the way of truth without fearmongering and blatant lies.
Christ would spit past his shoulder hearing this.

Well aren’t you all righteous and mighty.

Maybe I am, or maybe they are.

Why does he look like Steven Anderson lmao

There's no redeeming of Origen. He was a platonizing heretic of the worst sort and the one responsible for those tendencies in many of the eastern Fathers.

Yo Peter it was just a prank when I founded my church. Actually the real rock of my church is the user x from 2018.

And they say that Orthodox are too dumbstruck in their faith.

Absolute divine simplicity.

His name was Simon. It was Jesus who said he was going to be Peter. Are you saying Jesus only named him like that for fun?
Isaiah 22:22
And I will place the key of the house of David upon his shoulder. And when he opens, no one will close. And when he closes, no one will open.
If you accept this then you must accept Mathew 16:18 is actually literal
Everything Jesus says but contradicts by point of view is metaphorically.

You completely missed the point.
Actually, I don't have to accept any correlation and thank God you can't make me.
You really have no idea how metaphors or parables work then.

I'm really surprised that I can't find any variants of this meme anywhere. Anyways, kindly cut it the pooh out.

Thx broken passwords

Attached: we-have-this-thread-every-day-30295928.png (500x504, 116.68K)

15 Anathemas against 'Origenism' from 5th Ecumenical Council:

arcaneknowledge.org/catholic/origen3.htm#s3_5

Some say the man believed in platonic reincarnation