I don't understand Catholicism

I don't understand why you people think that you're church was founded by Christ himself in A.D 33; when I see a catholic church all I see are a bunch of traditions. Why are you guys obsessed with Latin? Most of the bible is in Hebrew or Aramaic and the new testament was written in Greek. The apostles spoke Aramaic but you could argue that since Pentecost they now spoke every language meaning that the church is for all languages and people and you don't need to learn any other language.

I'm not trying to offend or make fun of anything, i'm open minded but when I see anything catholic all I see is an alien spiritually bankrupt church that ignores the teachings of Jesus. Also you are no better than any other protestant or lukewarm Christianity.

Attached: Front.jpeg (1500x712, 507.32K)

Other urls found in this thread:

newadvent.org/cathen/03744a.htm
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Shill confirmed

passed down by the apostles filled with the Holy Spirit. Only a tiny fraction of what they preached was written down in epistles (and which ones to include in the Bible is a tradition itself).

Attached: 27f17410723764251d37c3cb74911ea414dbe33f79758c3edb0342932191c504.png (600x498, 27.45K)

You realize the apostles had to speak Roman in order to, you know, live in Rome?

Sure, if you’re Eastern Rite.

It's Latin, mate.

Cathodox have to call themselves apostolic in order to justify their artificial tradition, because history cannot or barely prove their validity. (Of course, I'm talking the apostolic age to ante-nicence history, with the former being more supportive than the later)

Nah, even the epistle to the Romans was written in Greek which was the most available administrative language to near easterners.

Have you read the Anti-Nicea Fathers? they don't teach Protestantism lool

Greek was the Lingua Franca of the day.

Attached: 1495678714978.jpg (353x353, 32.4K)

Oh my! This must be what negative IQ looks like.

Orthodox churches don't have chairs.
That's pic is from the "Greek Byzantine Catholic Church".

Attached: Almost all the bait memes dont have a worm on _4c37fe157867cce0ef009069ef1b92d4.jpg (500x292, 40.89K)

No, thank you. I'm not an ukrainian peasant tricked into obeying the god-emperor.
The eastern rite has no basis in roman catholic theology except on what it pretends it isn't: will to power. They will desecrate their own rituals for power, it doesn't matter if it's the "eastern" rite or vatican II, it's just will to power.

Orthodox churches in the west have pews.

Damn, did a Catholic swindle you or something? Sorry about a few million Ukrainians decided to find faith.

this is a bait thread

100% Bait

Do you actually understand the Mass or the meaning behind why anything is there?
It's the standard for the Church, it could have been any language, the purpose is for unity. It also helps a ton for clarity, especially in theological discussions, if we have a consistent and clearly defined vocabulary that is universal across history so that we don't have to translate every other council into whatever is vernacular at the time.
You don't have to learn another language and the Church is for all languages and people. Catholicism is arguably the most diverse denomination in terms of ethnicities, cultures, and languages that practice it.

Because there is a difference between what God has given us and told not to change - most importantly, the revealed dogma, and the Sacraments - and everything else. We can't declare that some Biblical fact is not true, or stop celebrating Eucharist, etc., but we obviously can e.g. write our own prayers, music used in worship, etc., and change these. Nobody says that we are doing every single thing the exact way it was done in 33 AD, only that the Church, because Christ promised it, will always faithfully keep and hand down the teachings and commandments that God gave.

Read this article to better understand what the Church is, you might have several misconceptions:

newadvent.org/cathen/03744a.htm

We're obsessed with Latin because of Rome. We haven't abandoned Syriac though, as seen by the eastern rites of the Catholic Church, and in the liturgies, specifically the Divine Liturgy of St. James.