Traditional Lutheran Thread

Guys let's have a thread discussing Evangelical Catholicism (i.e. Lutheranism). :)

All Confessional Lutheran Denominations are welcome in this thread to discuss.

Liberal heretical Lutherans are NOT welcome in this thread. Homosexuality, abortion, female clergy, higher criticism, ecumenism, relativism, and modernism of any kind are not tolerated in this thread. If you hold to any of these, then get out or we'll burn you at the stake.

NICENE CREED IN GERMAN:

Wir glauben an den einen Gott,
den Vater, den Allmächtigen,
der alles geschaffen hat,
Himmel und Erde,
die sichtbare und die unsichtbare Welt.

Und an den einen Herrn Jesus Christus,
Gottes eingeborenen Sohn,
aus dem Vater geboren vor aller Zeit:
Gott von Gott,
Licht vom Licht,
wahrer Gott vom wahren Gott,
gezeugt, nicht geschaffen,
eines Wesens mit dem Vater;
durch ihn ist alles geschaffen.
Für uns Menschen und zu unserm Heil ist er vom Himmel gekommen,
hat Fleisch angenommen durch den Heiligen Geist
von der Jungfrau Maria und ist Mensch geworden.
Er wurde für uns gekreuzigt unter Pontius Pilatus,
hat gelitten und ist begraben worden,
ist am dritten Tage auferstanden nach der Schrift
und aufgefahren in den Himmel.
Er sitzt zur Rechten des Vaters
und wird wiederkommen in Herrlichkeit,
zu richten die Lebenden und die Toten;
seiner Herrschaft wird kein Ende sein.

Wir glauben an den Heiligen Geist,
der Herr ist und lebendig macht,
der aus dem Vater (und dem Sohn) hervorgeht,
der mit dem Vater und dem Sohn angebetet und verherrlicht wird,
der gesprochen hat durch die Propheten,
und die eine, heilige, katholische und apostolische Kirche.
Wir bekennen die eine Taufe zur Vergebung der Sünden.
Wir erwarten die Auferstehung der Toten
und das Leben der kommenden Welt.

Amen.

Attached: _MG_0145 (1).JPG (1000x667, 211.45K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bookofconcord.org
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joint_Declaration_on_the_Doctrine_of_Justification
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Stop worshiping statues and accept Jesus.

Luther-Cathodox are idolaters. Please stay away everyone.

Inb4 mods ban me for simply disagreeing with Papism.

Attached: 8a74e36cad9a4a69538e92812a40851f08a55c250d9811cc213370b9a243f661.png (801x814, 265.31K)

It's the truth. Repent idol worshiper or burn in hell.

no u

Sage the shit out of this thread brothers. Lutherans are not Christians.

“And ye shall overthrow their altars, and break their pillars, and burn their groves with fire; and ye shall hew down the graven images of their gods, and destroy the names of them out of that place.”

DEUTERONOMY 12:3

Bumping.

Why do Baptists have to act retarded all the time?

impolite sage against pagan

sage sage sage sage sage sage

bump bump bump bump bump bumping for Christ

They actually do.

They believe all past scriptures are corrupted and their special book is the perfect re-revealed word of God (Muslims, Qur'an; Baptists, KJV).

They both go ape whenever they see a Christian worshiping God through the sacraments which Christ instituted.

They absolutely shit their pants when they see an icon or statue and prohibit them in nearly all cases.

They both still Judaize in many cases, for example, both believe homosexuals should get the death penalty as Leviticus prescribes.

They both believe mainstream Christianity has been corrupted and that Jesus and John the Baptizer and all past prophets originally were what they are (Muslims believe they were Muslims; Baptists believe they were Baptists).

They are basically blind followers of their prophets (Muslims for Muhammad; Baptists for Pastor Steven Anderson).

Baptists are basically Muslims pretending to be Christians.

New IFB isn't representative of baptists, and your strawman isn't representative of new IFB

bookofconcord.org
Im thinking of joining a High Church Lutheran denom here in Sweden called Missionprovinsen. Sadly the Swedish Church is way to cucked now

You don't notice the ones who don't. You will only notice the loud-mouths and false-flaggers.

Nothing wrong with the death penalty for homosexuals. Are you a catholic? You can't say that burning heretics is against the Spirit, so neither is the death penalty for homosexuals. And stop reddit spacing. Go back to reddit you LGBT

Is Missouri Synod acceptable? Went to a private school for most of my childhood run by them. They seemed pretty trad.

Yes. It's actually gotten even more conservative in recent years.

What's the general thoughts on the augustana catholic church?

As a Catholic I wholeheartedly support ya'll noggers seeking communion but retaining acceptable theological and cultural differences

Thoughts on the LCA here in Australia?

Attached: E39FC06A-37FA-452D-B94B-CDB7BD7F42F1.jpeg (700x844, 75K)

Lutherans don't do statue worship

See

:^)
Jokes aside, is there any state church that hasn't been chucked? Church of Iceland is gone.

Orthodox are doing alright, if they can even described that way.
But for Lutheran ones, I dont know a single one (maybe in Africa?)

Both of you are gay.

Attached: Church_of_Iceland.svg.png (1903x1179 8.6 KB, 99.99K)

It never gets old does it?

Where's the robot?

So this is the true power of the reformation?

Attached: Luthers Vision.jpg (1496x2389, 849.54K)

Hi anons. Former Catholic here, joined a very trad Lutheran church about 6 months ago and have been loving it. I’ve read the whole book of concord, and a lot of Luther’s commentaries (Genesis, Galatians). Almost done with my Large Catechism study.

I must confess something - I feel a great ampunt of guilt and despair knowing I’m excommunicated from the Catholic church of ky family and the Catholic communion now that I’m a follower of Luther.

Furthermore, the more I learn about Luther, the more I realize just how Catholic he was. He accepted all the traditions of Mary, statues, communion. The Apology of the Ausburg Confession states that it’s likely the saints are involved in the delivering and execution of prayers and the responses.

Since I learned the Catholic church actually does believe in justification by faith, and since the council of trent had revised the sale of indulgences, I’ve been struggling with the question - if the denoms are so similar, why not just be Catholic?

I love my church and my pastor and feel that they will shepard me better than the mess that is the current Catholic leadership (the current scandal proves how out of control and out of touch their bishops are). I also think that the differences in doctrine are more practical on the Lutheran side. But I don’t want to do what’s convienent - I want to do what’s right.

Any thoughts on this are greatly apprected - thank you and God bless

literally mfw.

Source?
How does that align with saceamentalism of any kind?

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joint_Declaration_on_the_Doctrine_of_Justification

It is not justification by Faith alone. But a perfected faith accompanied by works.

Read the 6th session of Trent, and ask yourself how compatible it really is with the Protestant faith.

I'm considering becoming Lutheran but just have 2 hang ups. I'm still quite reformed in that I believe in the Calvinist soteriology as well as don't understand how Lutherans synthesise the fact that Christ died for all our sins once and for all while at the same time you believe that the Eucharist can take away sins. I know that there are Anglicans with Calvinistic soteriology but I'm not sure if this can also be applied to Lutherans. But the main issue really is the Lord's supper how can it atone when Christ died for our sins once and for all?

Where are you getting this idea from that Lutherans have statues in their church?

Not a Baptist but you can't really equivocate them with Muslims. Muslims believe that the scriptures have been corrupted whereas Baptists just think that you're interpreting the Bible wrong. They also believe that you have gone beyond scripture and that you add certain things to it ie through sacraments or other stuff like mariolatry and what not.

What exactly is 'contempt for the sacraments'?

If you're feeling more like a Catholic, and all you want is a more traditional immediate environment, try to look for Latin Mass Catholic parishes in your area.

Attached: isildur.jpg (1280x720, 65.42K)

This is a thread about traditional, high church Lutheranism. Keep it that way, please. Derailing will result in a ban.

Also, ,,den sommartid nu kommer" is the best Lutheran hymn.

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (1024x683, 1.12M)

This is a question I think I asked before but never really found the answer to: is the LCAMS more likely to be strictly Protestant in terms of worship (such as use of CCM and ministers in plain clothes) or Apostolic (robed clergy, Eucharistic theology, ect.)?
T. Orthodox whose interesting in all the different flavors Christianity comes in.

I believe that the LCAMS is Apostolic as they're the most traditional in the USA

Lutheran's believe that only God can forgive sins and they are only forgiven through Jesus Christ and his sacrifice. Communion does not forgive sins, but heals our spirit and reminds us that Christ has forgiven us. It is not necessary for salvation or justification.

With that said, Lutherans believe in the real presence of Christ in the Eucharist (though by what property this is possible is considered a mystery we don't need to know). Therefore communion is special opportunity to be united with our Lord as was intended in John 6:53

If the real presence of Christ in the Eucharist is an obstacle for you (as Calvin did not believe this), I recommend reading Martin Luther's writings on it and/or meditating on John 6. One of Luther's best arguments IMO is the fact that every single one of the church fathers that compiled the New Testament, and all of the essential church fathers, were in unanimous agreement that Christ's body and blood is physically present. Personally, I think it requires a lot of mental gymnastics to go outside the meaning of John 6.

Where does this meme come from? Excepting the word "physically", this is exactly what Calvin taught about communion

c o n v e r t

So, how do I uncuck the Church of Norway? I believe in real Lutheran Christianity, not in being a cuck

To be honest, it is basically the catholic doctrine expect we abandon the aristotelian terminology used by the caths.

Its not in the bible, so you do not need to talk about "substances", "transubstantiation" and so on, it simply is both bread and wine and the body and blood of Christ.

The "mystery" position sounds more e-orthodox, IMO. Not a big thing, but anyway.

I am not Norwegian, but from another country with a fairly broken Lutheran church (not quite Sweden-level though!)
Basically your best hope is that you have a decent local church. Our local churches have a fair bit of autonomy, they vary from very liberal and dead to fairly good. You can look for distinct movements inside your church; it is likely that some decent ones exist.
Then, be active in those contexts. Vote in your church elections if you have such a thing.

If you can, try to get liberal non-believers to resign from the church - it may cause financial problems in the short term, but the less you have of them, the more power the better factions have. In a sense, it is ideal to accelerate the secularization of society for now, so the church can focus on improving itself rather than pandering to its non-church-going members.

I was thinking of moving farther north, where super conservative læstadians live, as I wish to become priest for them one day. Lol, I remember that we had a visit from one of the bishops and she said that she won't ordinate anyone who opposes priesthood for women or will discriminate homosexuals, but læstadians don't acknowledge either of those, and yet they get priests.

And just like that, I’m reminded why I’m in the right place at the high Lutheran Church.

The archdiocese of my area blatantly lied about one of their priests having been under sex abuse investigation.

I love the Catholic church, but their leadership cannot be trusted. The bishops are completely out of control over their parishes and spend more time covering up for faggots than they spend issuing proper correction to their priests. This means you can’t trust any if their authority figures.

Im sorry papists, I hope to see us in comminion one day, but the Vatican won’t do shit about this sex abuse nightmare until you start an exodus into other denoms. Join us Lutherans - we have more in common tham you think!

Attached: 4AE35DF0-5455-41A1-9C7F-6F26BE52F3D2.jpeg (640x438, 165.4K)

Because men sin?

If you're choosing your religion based on how terrible humans are rather than their theology, you're making a *grave* mistake.

What is the functional difference between sola scriptura and prima scriptura?

Can anyone explain to me why it feels like the synods have their head up their arse?

Don't get me wrong I love lutheranism as theology, but the politics seem like outright cancer, especially with the whole "lcms and wels can't pray". You can't be sola scriptura and make inane statements like that; that not only live in the higher political realms but emanate out into the classrooms of new believers who wonder why on earth they have to deal with the freaking linear algebra of who you can and can't pray with in what and whatnot scenarios.

Maybe high church is just a sham. Men seem to corrupt every huge power structure that governs a church body across multiple territories. I'd go independent baptist in a second if they believed exactly what Lutherans believe, if only so I didn't have to hear about one more stupid facet of Church drama.

The universal objective justification argument was another headache.

Precisely the reason I don't want to be Catholic is ironically the same thing I'm suffering in the opposition to Catholics, just on politics instead of theology.

Do you say it with or without the filioque?

Apparently it's optional.

Its good, conservative and founded by mostly LCMS pastors they brought over.

I'd say WELS is

howdy

What do Lutherans think of the claim that Martin Luther was prophesied of a century earlier?

If you think that the Catholic faith is fake, just rebuke it. This half assed "You can leave Catholicism and then come back later!" thing is heretical and will only attract lukewarms that will in turn further ruin YOUR church.