Is the war on Christmas real?

Is the war on Christmas real?

Attached: d1d.jpg (900x600, 444.36K)

Other urls found in this thread:

firstthings.com/web-exclusives/2014/04/april-3-ad-33)
archive.is/phdEe
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yes, the Puritans were really weird about that. They didn't like wedding rings either.

Making December about Christmas and not Advent is what is wrong.

No, they hate Christ the whole year round.

It's the most prolific holiday celebrated by the largest religion on the planet. No, the war on Christmas is not real. It's just a marketing gimmick.

lol

Christianity is the largest religion in the world. Maybe not your particular brand/sect of it, but Christianity as a whole is #1.

based post

The War on Christmas isn't about eliminating "Christmas." It's about taking the Christ out of "Christmas." It's about transforming it into a watered down, lukewarm, secular, feel good family fun time and presents holiday; with either only a skeleton of it's spiritual meaning remaining, or nothing of it at all.

Well, ok. Christmas is December 25th, so if you're telling people "Merry Christmas" on December 23rd, then you are being disingenuous.

???

This is really it. There's nobody claiming that people are trying to stop Christmas itself like the Grinch, it's people trying to claim that Christmas is going to be about Rudolf and Coca Cola instead of Jesus Christ

What?

You should see the war on independence day.

Attached: bg.0.0.jpg (1200x800, 247.3K)

Like all spiritual war, it happens slowly and quietly. Rarely is it ever outright stated, and "progress" is made through concessions. There isn't a war on Christmas, but a war on Christ. Anyone who tries to minimize that to just Christmas is in greater danger of slipping.

I always felt Christmas shouldn't involve gift giving. Same with birthdays. Takes away from the point of them both.

Underrated

I'm just gonna live this here.

Attached: 1543983208367.png (1600x2262, 68.86K)

There isn't a war on Christmas, but according to the new testament and the history of the church, there is an ongoing war on Christianity.

Attached: Communists are jerks.jpg (460x307, 33.75K)

BUT DECEMBER 23RD IS MY BIRTHDAY AND I AM FILLED TO THE BRIM WITH CHRISTMAS CHEER

Attached: vegeta sad.jpg (1024x576, 276.95K)

Is this cartoonist being retarded on purpose? The reason why people celebrate Christmas is in the Bible.

…yes

Attached: can't finish water temple.jpg (750x739, 59.98K)

I looked it up, he's a Talmudist. Imagine my shock.

Attached: absurdity205.jpg (900x926, 182.89K)

Ayy lmao

ZING!!

so much autism shouldn't be possible

Attached: ye-olde-nice-one.jpg (408x377, 33.44K)

Obviously it is. Fedoras have no culture and can't create their own holiday, so they are trying to steal this and abhor anything related to Christinanity, hence "Muh Saturnalia" and Happy Holidays. There is a very sizable Christian population in Lebanon for example (used to be the majority) and more Christians in Muslim countries than Jews in American. But there is and never will be a push for them not to say Eid Mubarak and say something secular (No Arab Christian says Eid Mubarak for our festivals, regardless of the translation).

The goal is explicit, to secularize and strip any cultural influence Christianity has over western culture. This includes propping up other religions.

In addition, the idea that there are "pagan" influences on Christianity is totally idiotic and I'll give you a simple example. In South Asia, Christians (who have been Christian longer than some European countries) may cook curry for Christmas. Their women may wear a Saree for Christmas mass. Oh no curry is pagan food! They're wearing pagan clothes! Clearly this is paganism! These idiot fedoras think that Christians should be like Muslims and when they convert should LARP as Hebrews or something.

Attached: 1543699907798.png (864x1418 139.52 KB, 696.07K)

The war on Christmas is real, and its main leader is called Santa Claus, an icon of consumerism and capitalism who turns St Nicholas into a fable and Christ's nativity into background noise.

Santa is Satan, Christmas is Saturnalia. Christmas should be in September when Jesus was really born

SDA meme. Stop following the teachings of a woman.

This is why you’re wrong:
-it’s been proven that Jesus died on April 3rd, 33 AD by science and archaeology (firstthings.com/web-exclusives/2014/04/april-3-ad-33)
-it’s a tradition that righteous men would die on the day of their conception
-if we assume that the April 3 date is in the Gregorian calander, moving it back to the Julian date would put us at about March 21-25
-nine months from March is December

That's my birthday too!

That's my birthday.

That can't be genuine. Which one of you did this?

A cashier lady said happy holidays so I said Merry Christmas.

Happy Birthday!

Attached: buddy-the-elf.png (767x431, 395.57K)

this is gold

Attached: laughing frieza.jpg (480x882, 43.81K)

fedoras and puritans BTFO

Christmas is pagan. Vid related, eerily similar to Christmas

I checked his tweets from Dec. 1st, couldn't find anything about HIV.
I found this though: archive.is/phdEe

Are you retarded or just pretending? The only similarity I saw was gift giving.

Attached: image.jpg (367x500, 29.17K)

That number includes a lot of "cultural Christians" though, like functionally-secular Europeans and Americans who put down "Christian" on censuses out of tradition.

I imagine if you took away all the self-described Christians who don't go to church (or even really believe any of it), the number would be much lower.

You have no idea what you're talking about. Christianity always incorporates local customs, it's pro-national. For example, some feasts on the Russian Orthodox calendar are from pagan times but they are dedicated to saints instead.
As opposed to the muslim doctrine of destroying all national feasts, art, and customs.

That's paganism and paganism is an abomination. This is we need to reform the churches according to the bible, because you think being a pagan is ok otherwise

You don't know what the word "paganism" means.

Jehovah’s Witnesses are wrong about everything. They hate Christ and they fear the Cross; they are the real pagans.

Happy birthday, anons!

JW are not welcome here. Go away

What was JW about that?

The state of secularists

Attached: santa claus.png (4096x3046, 7.89M)

St. Nicholas has been at war from the start.

Attached: stnick.jpg (450x291, 46.87K)

That has less to do with Christmas, and more to do with a commercialized society. There's a whole world out there of people celebrating Christmas.

And what's with the JW's here? This is Zig Forums. Not /cults/.