Ok maybe you can prove God philosophically, but how do we know the God of the Bible is that God...

Ok maybe you can prove God philosophically, but how do we know the God of the Bible is that God? How can you prove revelation without being accused of believing fairy tales? How do we know God isn't some kind of distant supernatural force without conscious experience that is behind the universe and simply gives it causation?

Attached: Gods-name-Jehovah-e1417023600991.png (2250x832, 31.84K)

Other urls found in this thread:

online-literature.com/chesterton/the-defendant/3/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Faith. Yes, it's that simple. Faith.
If you care more about what people think than what God thinks, then you're doin' it wrong.

But there are so many faiths. There is Judaism, Christianity, Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism, Sikhism, Zoroastrianism, Paganism, Mormonism, Shintoism, Taoism, Jainism, the Baha'i Faith, Rastafari, Shamanism, Folk Religion, etc. etc. Do I just blindly choose which one I put my faith in?

You think you are but you're really not helping.

The God of the Bible is the only one corroborated by history and science.

nice try, now back to /islam/ with you sadiq

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (650x447, 725.66K)

The number one main claim of Christianity is the story of Jesus. Everything else comes second. There are Christians who believe the entire Bible is literal and Christians who believe that the Patriarchs and Moses is an allegory; the main thing that matters is Christ. There is plentiful historical evidence that Jesus really walked the Earth, was really baptized, was really crucified, and really rose again. Only the most hardcore atheist denies all this evidence, most just deny his resurrection.

Couldn't we just logically prove elements of God's personality to them? They're already redpilled on no free will and the Bible seems to agree with them this. Subverting them into believing in our God is nearly guaranteed if we appeal to the beliefs they already hold.

Ecclesiastes 3:1 Everything that happens in this world happens at the time God chooses.
Lamentations 3:37-38 Who has spoken and it came to pass, unless the Lord has ordained it? Do not both adversity and good come from the mouth of the Most High?…
Proverbs 16:9 The heart of man plans his way, but the Lord establishes his steps.
Proverbs 20:24 A man’s steps are from the Lord; how then can man understand his way?
Proverbs 16:33: The lot is cast into the lap, but its every decision is from the Lord.
Proverbs 19:21: Many are the plans in the mind of a man, but it is the purpose of the Lord that will stand.
Jeremiah 10:23: I know, O Lord, that the way of man is not in himself, that it is not in man who walks to direct his steps.
Romans 8:29 — “For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.”
Ephesians 1:5 — “Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,”
Romans 8:29 — “For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.”
I Peter 1:2 — “Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.”
Romans 8:28–30: We know that in everything God works for good with those who love him, who are called according to his purpose. For those whom he foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, in order that he might be the first-born among many brethren. And those whom he predestined he also called; and those whom he called he also justified; and those whom he justified he also glorified.
Ephesians 1:11 In [Christ] we have obtained an inheritance, having been predestined according to the purpose of him who works all things according to the counsel of his will

Attached: 59e5f83de8ab7b01f2336c0145755c79bc804d6b24195d24957a417d86b6a6b2.gif (250x250, 110.92K)

This, and I would add that a proper understanding of Jesus involves peeling back the centuries of cultural ingraining to understand just how radical and odd Jesus was in his time. To that end, I would recommend that you read the Everlasting Man by G.K. Chesterton. He succeeds in being both the most witty and most comfy of catholic writers out there, a big british goofball who would fit right in in the shire, yet was still hard as iron and sharp as a nail in defending his beliefs. People called him the apostle of common sense. Give him a read sometime, even if you have no interest in the material it is beyond entertaining.

online-literature.com/chesterton/the-defendant/3/

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (236x236 91.9 KB, 105.47K)

Attached: 1521836226642.jpg (251x242, 15.4K)

bought that book a while ago after reading mere christianity and its been shitting on my shelf for months because i'm a tsundoku, but i'm going to start reading it right now because why the winnie the pooh not and also cuckchan is down and this board is slow as winnie the pooh and i have nothing better to do.

Attached: 1506064827406.jpg (1000x800, 92.38K)

Isnt it amazing how the peoole who think there is no reason to believe in Christianity always admit to knowing nothing whatsoever about any religion?

apart from knowing that Christianity is not contrary to reason, illumination of the nous

This. Plus all the prophecies in the bible that have turned out true.

I couldn't care less of being accused of fairy tales. It's the least I could do for God. Some have been tortured for it.

When you get far back enough to the first cause it is only possible for creation/causation to be an act of the will. Will necessarily entails a conscious entity in possession of it and who is able to exercise it.

Attached: images.jpg (259x194, 6.23K)

The funniest thing about all of this is the modern world is particular enamored with the idea of Will. You'd think a people so in love with the idea of Will would celebrate the God of Will. Yet they would strip it from God (if they even aknowledge the existence of God at all). And then prop up their own selves as gods of Will - like in Neitzsche's Will to Power (the origins of his ubermensch ideal). But we don't even have to talk Nietzsche. Just about everyone in America especially is an "individualist" and sings praises to their own will.

It's the ultimate arrogance: "I can exist.. but not this other idea." Me, me, me, me, me.

What they all need to do is humble themselves and realizes who's ultimately in charge. And they will do it sooner or later (and of their own will at that). It'd just be better if it was sooner.

In the end (or is it in the beginning?), God told Moses the perfect description of himself: "I am that I am". No one else can say it.

Because the God of the bible revealed itself to mankind and its compatible with history, that is, the stuff that happened in the bible happened in history, like Abraham, David, the time of the prophets, the public life of Jesus Christ can be directly supported by historical evidence.
While in other religioms like Hinduism and related shit it's all based on unhistorical myths just like the Greek pagans used to believe.

And of course the ultimate proof is that writings from some random Hebrews written between 1500-50BC predicted exactly how one man was about to show up, what he would do and exactly how and why he would die.
And isn't it surprising that it actually happened?

Fixed

Some people simply choose what they want to believe, though this is obviously not a wise thing to do. You should base your decision on evidence, and the evidence does point to the God of the Bible.

Besides this and this , here are a few pieces of evidence that I find strongly supportive of the God of the Bible:

1) Various archeological findings support events from the Old Testament, such as Noah's Ark, huge amounts of sulfur at the locations of Sodom & Gomorrah, chariot wheels at the bottom of the Red Sea (from the splitting of the sea in Exodus), and more. Search for Ron Wyatt for more on this.

2) It's generally accepted as truth among historians (including atheist ones) that Jesus did live on Earth, and that the original New Testament manuscripts are from the first century AD. With this in mind, take a look at 'The Minimal Facts Argument'.

3) It's pretty easy to see that the world is in bad shape (morally). The Bible gives an explanation for this: Satan is the god of this world. The ruling elite (the top bankers, investors, and corporations) have their tentacles everywhere, from governments to Hollywood, and they use their power to promote/glorify sin, and to subvert/destroy Christianity. From the glorification of sin throughout pop-culture, to state-sponsored churches (and thus state-affected doctrine), to infiltration and promotion of sin from within churches (e.g. homosexuality and even convincing people to take the Mark of the Beast when the time comes), to literally erecting the Arch of Baal in NYC (a false god from the Old Testament). Their war against Jesus becomes more and more apparent as time goes on. When I'm reminded of the state of the world, I'm often also reminded of the following quote:

"I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else."
- C.S. Lewis

I hope this will be of help to you in your search for the truth, OP.

Then there is no room for created matter, that leads to an uncreated universe. As in, creation becomes a necessity of such god.
Origen, a heretic, and Plato got to this conclusion because their Monad was too far from man.

Because everything else but the personal Logos of Orthodox Christianity leads to absurd conclusions. Logos is not an abstraction of Logic, like even Islam claims it is, it must be a man. Our God, Jesus Christ.
Is this line of thinking "blind faith"? No, it's called coherence theory. The opposite, correspondence theory which is what is more common, is blind faith.

Simply. I do not need to prove it I have faith.

That's great for tradcats but a poor way to convert. We live in a secular world, it is necessary to keep that in mind when proselytizing.

We can only preach the Word. Those who are touched by the Spirit of God will have the truth revealed to them. The rest can't hear, no matter what is said.

“A sower went out to sow. And as he sowed, some seed fell on the path, and birds came and ate it up. Some fell on rocky ground, where it had little soil. It sprang up at once because the soil was not deep, and when the sun rose it was scorched, and it withered for lack of roots. Some seed fell among thorns, and the thorns grew up and choked it. But some seed fell on rich soil, and produced fruit, a hundred or sixty or thirtyfold. Whoever has ears ought to hear.”

If you're referring to accusations from the part of Atheists, then it's impossible, simply because simply suggesting the idea of God to them is like conjuring additional fictional characters for a story. Look at textual criticism at schools, did they reduced their atheistic biases on the bible and prophecies on Christ once the Dead Sea Scrolls were found/republished? No, in fact, the professors double down by insisting that Christianity is more false than ever, by finding holes and filling them up with their secular messages.