Why doesn't God teach us about the nature of reality?

Why isn't the Bible a scientific book? You'd think if it was truly divine it wouldn't be so concerned with bronze age morality and drama between primitive peoples. Like marriage is simply a human institution created a few thousand years ago for ancient civilization that shouldn't matter in the grand scheme of things. Religion seems all too centered around us, too anthropomorphic. Deities in general are usually modeled off humans themselves, and the God of the Bible don't seem much different. Why did Jesus have to come to complete a mission of death which hasn't actually had any practical effects on the world? Why couldn't God send Jesus to teach us about science or how to travel to distant galaxies. I mean him being God he could do anything. Why couldn't he teach us really how the universe works and the laws of physics? Why couldn't he teach us quantum theory of it consciousness is real or an illusion or if matter is real or an illusion. I don't mean to sound like a fedora but sometimes I have these thoughts.

Attached: THC.gif (474x283, 4.26K)

Why do you think it's gods job to spoonfeed you on the topics of moth and rust?

Attached: edcfed2f4360d12959c6cbf08a229e361df366ea901949eff8159918de7ddc35.jpg (1126x868, 50.49K)

Firstly because it isn't necessary for your salvation and God doesn't want you to lose your time studying while you could work on your salvation.
Secondly he gave to a developed brain so you can understand it.

But why does "salvation" have to be concerned with bronze age morality or morality in general? These things are insignificant. Why can't salvation be ultimate knowledge of the nature of existence?

But it hasn't. You can talk about spiritual effects, if there is any such thing as a spiritual world. But that hasn't helped humanity in any significant way as far as I can tell. The world is the same as it was 2000 years ago. There is still suffering, still problems, still joy, still progress. Nothing really has changed on any cosmic scale.

If you really think family is just an institution and thing of the past, than you're bound to be retarded, if you don't see that the fall of morals and role models correlates to the fall of the family I don't even know what to tell you.
To sum it up, Christ didn't came to teach us knowledge, we have to figure that ourselves, but he came to give us morals on how to conduct ourselves and know how to use that knowledge.

Define “Bronze age morality”.
Prove it.

Well human beings are just animals. Civilization and morality are just invented. If we lived in perfect accordance with nature then we should be animals I guess.

Read Leviticus you'll get an idea.

Because morality is a human invention that means absolutely nothing for the universe because everything is ultimately meaningless anyway.

If we're going to give meaning to anything then knowledge would be the best way to do that. The only way really.

Because salvation is about your soul not your brain. So that's why morality is important because its about the soul and scientific knowledge isn't because it respects the physical body.

Find one thing wrong with it. You don’t believe in objective morality anyway.
You have no evidence of that.
Lotta suppositions there. Sounds like you don’t believe in God at all, tbh.

So basically we're losing our time because everything we tell you goes against your axiom that there's nothing outside the material world.
In that case the matter is closed.

Oh I'm not arguing anything is wrong with it. I'm telling you simply that something like Leviticus is a great example of Bronze Age morality. I never said it was wrong or right.

And what is your evidence it is divine?

And what's your poof that the God of the Bible is real? What's your poof the philosophical God (if he exists) is the same as yours?

I suppose it is. Considering there is no proof that anything but the physical world exists.

It's a deep and puzzling question. But an even deeper question is: why the fuсk you are on this board?

Why would you assume that morality is insignificant? Why do you assume that having ultimate knowledge is good?

And there's no proof that only the physical world exists.
That's why it's an axiom.
You chose it and developed your ideias around it.
Just like when Euclides chose his 5 axioms for geometry. They cannot be proved, yet you can build something with them.
Basically our knowledge is based on something we cannot prove.
And if only believe in the things we can prove experimentally we would be dumb like that guy that lost his keys in the middle of the night and only looks for them in the illuminated places.
The sad thing is that so called "scientists" sell to people their shitty materialistic philosophy and people take the bait.
If I was the ruler of the world I would make everyone and a physics degree so they could distinguish real science from shitty pseudo philosophy.

"Social constructs" meme is just a social construct.

Attached: maxresdefault (1).jpg (1280x720, 100.98K)

Even the most intelligent primates can't form abstract thoughts. They can't come up with concepts like chastity and self mastery.
Humans can and this can't be from having a more powerful computer called human brain, otherwise we would be able to see this kind of behavior, even if residual, in advanced animals.
I seriously don't know how this memes come into being.

Strange paradox of modern times.
More and more animals get human rights and humans are more and more seen as animals.

Because the plug-and-chug for your QFT homework on the path integral formulation for OUR LIFE'S PURPOSE doesn't involve all the little. Only initial and final, dum dum.

Also, I see your
and I raise you an

Attached: Isopropylfenidaat.svg.png (1200x1147, 40.24K)

Attached: 168948534.jpg (577x725, 61.22K)

< OmG y doent u just teech us da tru nachure of reelty

Attached: 5296534-1280_936338912-nuclear-bomb-detonation.jpg (1280x720, 82.67K)

If you are hungry, you dont care about how reality works or the chemical composition of your food. You only want to eat to satisfy your hunger.

The Bible is there to lead men to Salvation. It isnt meant to tell you about quantum mechanics or Chlorine

If everything is meaningless, so is knowledge and scientific advancement, and knowing how to travel to distant galaxies and having a Grand Theory of Everything posesses equal value to jerking yourself off while eating termites with a stick.

Attached: unnamed.jpg (900x900, 93.68K)

How does that help with my spiritual growth, my obedience and reliance and my relationship with Him?

Attached: how-exactly-does-this-help-me.jpg (420x439, 41.45K)

Chemistry is gay OP.
If it was physics or math you would still be wrong but at least I'd get a better impression of you.

It’s a real catch 22. Meaning itself has no purpose without eternity, but eternity devalues the very things it would lend meaning to.