The Zig Forums Cup 4

GREETINGS Zig Forums

The 4th edition of the Zig Forums Cup is fast approaching. First kickoff is set for January 4th, 2019 at 08:00PM UTC and your board is a part of it. The Cup will be a 32 team tournament, first with a group stage followed by the 16 team Knockout Round, all to determine a champion board of the site. The 3rd editon of the Cup saw the debut of 15 different boards, all of which are returning to shoot for glory once again, amongst revived boards and a few new ones as well. The Cup is being defended by >>>Zig Forums (that's you), who grinded out a 1-0 victory in the Finals over newcomers >>>/ita/. Eternal powerhouse >>>/bane/ managed to claim 3rd place over >>>/strek/ by stopping the Trekkies potent offense and pouring on four goals of their own. For a full breakdown of the 2018 Summer Cup, please take a look at the wiki infinitycup.shoutwiki.com/wiki/The_Zig Forums_Cup
In 2019, your board has been placed into Group A, with /hisparefugio/, /bmn/, and Zig Forums. Please use this thread for pre-tournament hype and also any MINOR tweaks that may need to be made.
For the full wiki: infinitycup.shoutwiki.com/
For the stream: cytu.be/r/8cup

Attached: 8chan_Cup4_Logo.png (1200x1400, 1.82M)

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/17114041
cytu.be/r/8cup
infinitycup.shoutwiki.com/wiki/The_Zig
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Here's a basic overview of your team heading into the cup. This is based on the latest info from /8cup/ that could be gathered. Your formation can be found in the first picture. Your team logo is the second image, and team uniforms in the third/fourth/fifth.
Listed below is the current roster. A roster should have 11 starters, and a minimum of 9 subs. OF your starters, you should have 2 golds, 2 silvers, and 2 bronzes, as well as a captain. A Keeper cannot be a medal player or captain. If you notice that you don't have a certain medal, or enough subs, please provide us with the info before January 1st so we can add it in.

Attached: christiang1.png (480x600 169.8 KB, 85.55K)

6 medals is alot
unless we make any changes this year i think the bronzes should be 2 of the defenders probably the 2 cbs
although i was thinking about using a more aggressive formation this year but maybe we should just save that for this summer

i think this is our group which looks quite tough,
if we need a 9th sub i would suggest codreanu since there were requests for him in the summer

Attached: ebf8a2d73713d85cc4ab1fe4b7f1be1b23103dd20094602987e78f07f5132db1.png (1007x534, 25.45K)

ALRIGHT LISTEN UP YOU SONS OF THE MOST HIGH

I don't know about you guys, but I don't want no mormons stinking up our roster in their unwashed celestial underwear, and I ==ESPECIALLY== don't like it being some two bit blasphemous knock off of our Lord and Savior.

To that end, I figure we should come up with a substitution for our substitution. Of course we'll probably want to change more than a single player this year, but we were champions for a reason and only MINOR (sic) tweaks are allowed so we can't change too much. Personally I consider Mormon Jesus to be genuinely sacreligious given that we are essentially putting up a mockery of Christ alongside saints and wholesome christian memes, and I pray that you all agree with me, but really I just want us to start spitballing memes for the roster who we can strategize about later. I already went on the discord to get some initial ideas, and they are, to the likely surprise of no one:
To which I will add
It should also be noted that the retired/inactive list consists of Abraham, Job, Moses, Michael, Faith not Works, David, Jonathan, Salvation,Gabriel, How was Mass?, Elijah, NOFAP, St. Phillip, Go to Church, Heresy, Jacob, and, of course, Pope Francis. Oh, and also
which is one guy

On Christmas morning, I'll take all of the suggestions, along with the above picks (minus the retired/inactive unless resuggested [Jacob was our third best and he's out now so there may be something to that list that I'm missing, plz fill me in if need be]), and make a strawpoll, that is assuming this thread doesn't die. We have until the 1st to submit these changes, so I may end up making it a little later than just to let everyone pitch in. I got a lot of choices already but I want and expect way more from the actual board, so don't be afraid to get stupid with it, but if for some reason there aren't too many I'll cull my own picks from the poll just so it's fair.

And our first suggestion is

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (1484x989, 2.77M)

nth for Jan Sobielski as Defender of the Faith

BTW since you guys won the last one you get to pick who the main commentater is

Amen, this.

i suggest BlessU-2 for a commentator just because it would be easy to get a bunch of facial reactions from him

Attached: 515727f818554203ce481c48f7ab34c8fe2c68af591b8874d7021e60368a7864.mp4 (640x360, 2.24M)

That's the old logo. The new one is in Greek

Attached: new logo.png (1424x1424, 656.12K)

that logo has the star on it so we'll need one of our new logo with a star on it

This

peter hitchens
terry davis (if none of the other teams have taken him)

This actually works really well with some of the lore planned

Who should I sub out since you guys are asking for a lot of new players
Mormon Jesus is one, but I'm assuming less prominent memes/ones people don't like should go, I'm not of your board so I can't really force things but would appreciate if you guys can figure something out in about 3 days time, any more and it's getting dangerously close

strawpoll.me/17114041
Alright so I got the poll. You can sub out Mormon Jesus with the most popular and add the second or maybe third to fill out the subs. Just go with the results a the time you need to submit the changes, so 2 or 3 days. And Bless U-2 as the commentator works.

Attached: ClipboardImage.png (518x335, 99.84K)

REMINDER
8cup 4 /test/ Stream scheduled for Thursday January 3rd, 10:00PM UTC.
8cup 4 will officially kick off Friday January 4th, 8:00PM UTC.
cytu.be/r/8cup

we won our exhibition match today against /test/
hopefully our luck carries into the actual cup

Attached: vgyhujik.jpg (402x402, 61.28K)

THE Zig Forums CUP KICKS OFF TODAY

TODAY'S MATCHES
>>>Zig Forums vs >>>Zig Forums - 8PM UTC
>>>/hisparefugio/ vs >>>/bmn/ - 8:30PM UTC
>>>/tv/ vs >>>/ck/ - 9PM UTC
>>>/a/ vs >>>/gamergatehq/ - 9:30PM UTC
>>>/tg/ vs >>>/hgg/ - 10PM UTC
>>>/u/ vs >>>/genesis/ - 10:30PM UTC
>>>/animu/ vs >>>/todd/ - 11PM UTC
>>>/monster/ vs >>>Zig Forums - 11:30PM UTC
>>>/b/ vs >>>/test/ - 12AM UTC
>>>/bane/ vs >>>/2hu/ - 12:30AM UTC
>>>/gts/ vs >>>/v/ - 1AM UTC
>>>/co/ vs >>>/liberty/ - 1:30AM UTC

Get in here, we're about to kick off
cytu.be/r/8cup

Zig Forums 3 - 2 Zig Forums

This is the screen shown between all matches for those wondering.
We won the last cup

Attached: Intermatchscreen.JPG (675x404, 128.15K)

Matchday 1 Results

>>>Zig Forums vs >>>Zig Forums - 3-2, St. Paul hat-trick
>>>/hisparefugio/ vs >>>/bmn/ - 1-1
>>>/tv/ vs >>>/ck/ - 3-1
>>>/a/ vs >>>/gamergatehq/ - 0-0
>>>/tg/ vs >>>/hgg/ - 1-3, Rance brace
>>>/u/ vs >>>/genesis/ - 1-4, G-d Collins brace
>>>/animu/ vs >>>/todd/ - 1-0, Genzo Wakabyashi clean sheet
>>>/monster/ vs >>>Zig Forums - 0-0
>>>/b/ vs >>>/test/ - 1-4, ?҉??҉??҉ hat-trick
>>>/bane/ vs >>>/2hu/ - 1-3, Fujiwara no Mokou brace
>>>/gts/ vs >>>/v/ - 1-1
>>>/co/ vs >>>/liberty/ - 2-1

Matchday 2 Schedule
Starting at 8:00PM UTC

>>>/ita/ vs >>>/unna/
>>>/just/ vs >>>/ausneets/
>>>/cow/ vs >>>/strek/
>>>/pone/ vs >>>/wooo/
>>>Zig Forums vs >>>/hisparefugio/
>>>/bmn/ vs >>>Zig Forums
>>>/gamergatehq/ vs >>>/tv/
>>>/ck/ vs >>>/a/
>>>/genesis/ vs >>>/tg/
>>>/hgg/ vs >>>/u/
>>>Zig Forums vs >>>/animu/
>>>/todd/ vs >>>/monster/

Is there a Zig Forums discord invite for this?

WE'RE STARTING, IT'S DAY 2
cytu.be/r/8cup

you guys are up!

Looks good so far, another win

Matchday 3 Schedule
Games begin at 8:00PM UTC, 3:00PM EST
>>>/2hu/ vs >>>/b/ - 8 PM UTC
>>>/test/ vs >>>/bane/ - 8:30 PM UTC
>>>/liberty/ vs >>>/gts/ - 9 PM UTC
>>>/v/ vs >>>/co/ - 9:30 PM UTC
>>>/ausneets/ vs >>>/ita/ - 10 PM UTC
>>>/unna/ vs >>>/just/ - 10:30 PM UTC
>>>/wooo/ vs >>>/cow/ - 11 PM UTC
>>>/strek/ vs >>>/pone/ - 11:30 PM UTC
>>>Zig Forums vs >>>/hisparefugio/ - 12 PM UTC
>>>/bmn/ vs >>>Zig Forums - 12:30 PM UTC
>>>/a/ vs >>>/tv/ - 1 AM UTC
>>>/ck/ vs >>>/gamergatehq/ - 1:30 AM UTC

Permutations
GROUP A
Guaranteed to finish top of the group regardless.
Through with a win, or a draw if the Zig Forums-/hisparefugio/ game is a draw.
Through with a win + a /bmn/ draw or loss, out on any other result.
Through with a win + a /bmn/ draw or loss, out on any other result.

GROUP B
Guaranteed to advance, earn top of the group with a win or draw vs /a/.
Through with a win or draw vs /tv/, or a loss by /gamergatehq/.
Through with a win + an /a/ loss + help with their goal differential, out on any other result.
Guaranteed eliminated. Playing for pride/spoiler role.

So how does this work is it like a computer-run match that everyone watches?

pretty much

Matchday 3 has been moved to next week.

cool

Emergency streamer has been found. We kick off in about an hour.
cytu.be/r/8cup

very cool

Attached: big_1513374262_image.jpg (1280x720, 174.38K)

Congratulations on advancing. Come shitpost in the final couple of Group Stage matches with us.

Matchday 4 Schedule
Games begin at 8:00PM UTC, 3:00PM EST
>>>/u/ vs >>>/tg/ - 8 PM UTC
>>>/hgg/ vs >>>/genesis/ - 8:30 PM UTC
>>>/monster/ vs >>>/animu/ - 9 PM UTC
>>>/todd/ vs >>>Zig Forums - 9:30 PM UTC
>>>/bane/ vs >>>/b/ - 10 PM UTC
>>>/test/ vs >>>/2hu/ - 10:30 PM UTC

Permutations
GROUP C
Top of the group on a win or a tie, through on a loss + a /tg/ draw or loss.
Through on a win, a draw + a /tg/ draw, or a loss + a /tg/ loss
Through on a win + a /genesis/ draw or loss, a draw + a /genesis/ loss, or a loss + a gigantic, GD-altering loss by /genesis/
Through on a win of at least 2 goals, and a big loss by /genesis/, out on any other result.

Group D
winnie the pooh writing all this shit down. Everyone is still alive, /animu/ is the only one who can advance without having to look at the score of the other game.

GROUP E
Through on a win or a draw, or a draw or a loss by /b/
Through with a win, or a draw + a draw or loss by /2hu/. Can still advance on a loss via GD.
Through with a win + a /b/ draw or loss, or a draw + a /b/ loss. Can advance on a loss via GD, but /b/ has to lose bigger.
Through with a win + a /2hu/ loss and some GD help, out on any other result.

Zig Forums Cup Knockout Round
THE FINAL DAY OF COMPETITION
A1 >>>Zig Forums vs >>>/tv/ B2
C1 >>>/genesis/ vs >>>/todd/ D2
E1 >>>/test/ vs >>>/liberty/ F2
G1 >>>/unna/ vs >>>/cow H2

B1 >>>/a/ vs >>>/bmn/ A2
D1 >>>/monster/ vs >>>/hgg/ C2
F1 >>>/co/ vs >>>/b/ E2
H1 >>>/strek/ vs >>>/ausneets/ G2

For the full bracket: infinitycup.shoutwiki.com/wiki/The_Zig Forums_Cup_4#Bracket

After the First Round we'll play the Quarterfinals, Semifinals, Third Place Game, and Finals.
It all begins at 8:00 PM UTC, on cytu.be/r/8cup

cup is starting in a few minutes

SLIGHT DELAY, BUT WE'RE STARTING, YOU'RE UP
cytu.be/r/8cup

QUARTERFINALS, SEMIFINALS AND FINAL - SATURDAY THE 26TH 8PM UTC

>>>/v/16040545

it looks like we may win again as we are in the finals for the third time

We won 5 to 3!

we did it
again

Attached: 20db7db0706f581143c7a757ecd452bf8d03840cd3bf94c17b9164485b9cda86.webm (640x360, 2.86M)

amazing
it's like God willed it or something

(checked)

So Zig Forums is the Zig Forums cup champs again? Or are there more rounds to be played still?

We're in the finals again

Did we win?

We did!

Just to confirm, we are the champs again?

Yeah, you guys did it. Back to back champs.

(checked)
All Glory goes to God! It was through Him that allowed our 1's and 0's to beat the other boards.

Attached: Picture1.jpg (1181x787, 68.75K)