Guardian angel thread

What it says in the thread title.
Do you believe in guardian angels, or the specific designation of an angel to a particular soul?
Do you have a guardian angel? Have you ever encountered it? How has it guarded you?

Attached: Cortona_Guardian_Angel_01.jpg (468x681 101.23 KB, 113.51K)

Other urls found in this thread:

americamagazine.org/faith/2018/08/23/father-james-martin-how-parishes-can-welcome-lgbt-catholics
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I'm not sure yet if I believe everyone is "assigned" a guardian angel but I do believe some angels might choose some humans to protect. I interact with mine quite often. If I request, it can drive away shadow people and prevent me from having nightmares.

How do you do so?

If we have angels assigned to us to protect us from devils, I'd say they're slacking off

Everyone has a guardian angel, per Jesus Christ.

"See that you do not despise one of these little ones; for I tell you that in heaven their angels always behold the face of my Father who is in heaven (Matt. 18:10)."

It's easy, be in a state of grace and practice devotions to your guardian angel. The daily guardian angel prayer and St. Michael Chaplet are great ones.

No, you're the one slacking off. Demons feed off of sin, Angels are empowered by your prayers and devotions.

This is some fantasy game LARP

This is what God intended. Do you not think Satan prowls the world looking for souls like a lion?

Believe my story or not (I won't mind), but it was one of these little ones that actually made me aware of my own. Or something.
I was watching a documentary on NDEs, and one segment had this sweet girl who had some kind of sickness that caused her to flatline. She said she was in heaven and could hear the fluttering of wings when she entered. My mind was half paying attention and I wasn't using my imagination enough to understand what she meant.. and sort of sat back and asked God about it. Then suddenly right outside my window (or so it seemed) a solitary pair of wings made a huge noise flying away. This is the middle of the night. I think my eyes bulged out and every hair on my body stood up. Either it was some giant owl stalking my window or what it sounds like.

now that I consider it, remember scripture:

1. Jesus Christ affirms we each have 1 or more Guardian Angels
2. The angels themselves affirm they are "men", or as men
3. Scripture tells us that the prayers of holy men are powerful
4. Back to 1., Christ also mentions the Guardian Angels also see already see God in Heaven (hint: they are holy)

So why shouldn't we have a devotion to guardian angels, friend?

Pay attention to the effect, will it lead you to the Church? A state of grace? Perhaps, it was God.

Well, first it was the fear of God.. if I recall correctly.
I have other experiences (both mundane and otherwise) that did lead me to the Church though, yes. But at this time, I was already a believer, but still young.

To be frank, I already had lowered opinion on this board as the time passed since I ended up here, but this thread still surprised me by the fact that how quickly it managed to delve into fantasyland. Some /tg/ settings are far closer to canon than what I read here.

Why do children still get abused if the implication of this verse is that the angel is supposed to be guarding them? Are the children just not praying enough?

Are you pointing out my story? Or some of these other theories?

If you're asking me to lie to you, I'm not going to do it. But you're free to call me crazy. I won't hold it against you.

And do you not think that it might be a metaphor for its autistic motive to ruin everyones lives like it ruined its own rather than understanding it on a level of average D&D setting?

No, not you. I meant the other posts.
Also, judging by experience, I came to conclusion that every angel thread ends up being irredeemable garbage polluted with various heresies and mickey mouse tier """theology""". Seriously, it came to the point that I am starting to miss nephilim memes even.

I understand.

Honestly, I wish I had D&D like abilities, but I know nothing of that.

I'm hesitant to assume this is universal because He just says "their angels" not "the angel that each one has." There's also the possibility children have temporary protection from a specific set of angels, hence why He only mentioned children. Keep in mind there at least trillions of angels since they have such varied personalities there's probably quite often a good number of angels who have taken a liking to any one specific person. So while I don't believe God explicitly assigns angels to a person I believe He does indirectly create angels who will like and protect certain people.

It entered my head as an imaginary character I used in many stories under different names. It also liked dancing for me in a style like some kind of improv anime intro. Eventually, it started talking to me directly and shortly after it began making amazing predictions like Trump winning. It also predicted the Republicans would lose a few seats in the midterms too. It also started telling me wisdom and can banish other spirits like shadow people and usually calm we down when I have really depression or anxiety attacks. I am eternally grateful God sent it to me. When I interact with it it's just like talking to a character in my mind's eye.

Different people have different angels and different levels of protection because demonic attacks might be what some people need to improve. For example, a degenerate might not learn degeneracy is bad until he catches a few stds and gets brain damage from drugs. It's not a happy ending for him but he'll eventually get the idea and it might save him from hell. On the other hand some people might snap and kill themselves if they have an irl demon encounter so they probably get lots of protection like children.

I apologize in advance if any of my posts unintentionally have any heresies. I'm just parroting my own experiences combined with what I've read/heard exorcists say. It is unfortunate that there is dissent even amongst the saints on the nature of angels. For example Aquinas believes angels exist outside of time and an exorcist I watched believes they exist within the confines of time. I'm hesitant to claim belief in either theory because my own experiences haven't made either side obvious.

No dude, I think you misunderstand.

Demons WERE Angels and are created by God. If sin "powers them up", so would sin "power up" angels.
Nevermind that the concept is silly. Nothing "power ups"(In a sense of Satan getting ripped whenever a abortion is done) due to sin. We don't live in some kind of fantasy game where people level up in wood cutting after cutting a tree.

This is you.

Yes
Yes
Not anything that I can completely give credit to my Guardian Angel
When I find sin has started to become more and more tempting in my life. Particularly lustful thoughts and the like digging deeper and deeper into my mind. It tends to be when I'm lacking in my prayer life.

When I am aware of this I pray more than normal in particular I include the St. Michael prayer and the prayer to my Guardian Angel. When I do I find the temptation is significantly if not completely removed from my mind as long as I'm praying for protection against the temptations of satan and his demons.

I am very thankful that God has set an Angel to watch over me. And I give thanks to both the Lord and to Saint Michael and my Guardian Angel every day for the protection they give me.

I have never asked for help from Angels aside from protecting me from sin and demonic influence. Everything else I ask of our Lord.

God does not interfere with the evil of men. Moreover, the point of Guardian Angels is that they lead you more to God, or help stave off demonic influence (typically temptation).

In any case, ask Jesus Christ, I did not proclaim every little one has an Angel that sees God.

No, I do not presume to judge what Christ taught, I rely on the Apostolic Tradition and the Church for that. That the existence of a guardian angel = metaphor, seems like a modern idea.

Catholic teaching on Angels goes even further than that, not only are Guardian Angels entrusted exclusively with the care of their human counter-parts, they are created exclusively for it! There are some Angels whom at the moment of creation, rejected their human, and thus fell as well.

Fr. Ripperger (Vatican Exorcist) covers it.

Everything is hierarchical, even Hell. Your supposition isn't supported by the Church. All Satan and the fallen angels do has to do with sin, they have literally subverted themselves and their purpose.

As God told Satan in Genesis, "You will crawl on the ground and eat Dust". Dust = humanity.

I heard him say that too but I also heard guardian angels came from a tradition where teachers would make school children sit next to an empty chair and pretend an angel was there. The result was everyone believed they have their own special angel. Unless what Fr. Ripperger says can be explicitly proven with scripture I'm hesitant to believe it. There's a lot of speculation on the nature of angels and every individual has their own contradicting headcanon. I've also heard Jesuits tell me not to believe Aquinas' view on angels so there's lots of disagreement within the church. The Bible at least serves as a universal reference point. So if you want to make an argument concerning the nature of angels please use scripture, but I still might reject it if it contradicts my own experiences.

No. The belief comes from:

"See that you despise not one of these little ones: for I say to you, that their angels in heaven always see the face of my Father who is in heaven."

If you say it is a false belief, blame Jesus Christ. If you cannot dispute Jesus Christ, do not dispute the teaching.

Your personal experiences are worth squat when it comes to theology. Especially when Scripture assures us that dreams are not to be trusted, and that everything that comes from the heart is vanity.

He just says "their angels" not "the unique angel that each one has." Prove your stance without using eisegesis.

"their angels" can imply that they either have their own special angel, or any one particular angel or multiples were assigned to them. both arguments can be made in context of Christ's teaching, and is ultimately hair-splitting.

in the context of catholic theology, if angels are made for specific purposes, it is no way a contradiction of Scripture that they can be made for particular humans. if you look up Jacob's Ladder in scripture, we see an angel with the (apparent) exclusive task of returning to a well over and over so that men may be healed.

Fr Martin tells you it's ok to be homosexual, do you believe him too?

I believe something similar to that, but I also believe they choose the humans they protect out of their own free will. Ultimately, their will does conform to God's plan since God is omnipotent. So in that sense God "assigns" them.

Only if God allows it. They do not have free will in the same sense that we do. Angel's have a "fixed" will, which is eternally in full connection with the Beatific vision. This is superior to our condition, and in Heaven, we ourselves will also enjoy this connection with Christ.

Woah watch the slander there, he never said anything in that nature.

I think it would be rare for God to “disallow” it.

One of the more recent challenges for Catholic parishes is how to welcome L.G.B.T. parishioners, as well as families with L.G.B.T. members. But that challenge is also where grace abounds because L.G.B.T. Catholics have felt excluded from the church for so long that any experience of welcome can be life-changing—a healing moment that can inspire them to go to Mass again, return them to the faith and even help them to believe in God again.

Over the past few years, I’ve heard the most appalling stories from L.G.B.T. Catholics who have been made to feel unwelcome in parishes. A 30-year-old autistic gay man who came out to his family and was not in any sort of relationship told me that a pastoral associate said he could no longer receive Communion in church. Why? Because even saying he was gay was a scandal.

But cruelty doesn’t end at the doors of the church. Last year a woman contacted me to ask if I knew any “compassionate priests” in her archdiocese. Why? She was a nurse in a hospice where a Catholic patient was dying. But the local parish priest assigned to the hospice was refusing to anoint him—because he was gay.

Is it surprising that most L.G.B.T. Catholics feel like lepers in the church?

The same is true for families. The mother of a gay teen told me her son had decided to come back to church after years of feeling the church hated him. After much discussion, he decided to return on Easter Sunday. The mother was overjoyed. When Mass began she was so excited to have her son beside her. But after the priest proclaimed the story of Christ’s Resurrection, guess what he preached on? The evils of homosexuality. The son stood up and walked out of the church. And the mother sat in the pew and cried.

But there are also stories of grace in our church. Last year, a university student told me that the first person to whom he came out was a priest. The first thing the priest said was, “God loves you, and the church accepts you.” The young man told me, “That literally saved my life.” Indeed, we should rejoice that more and more Catholic parishes are places where L.G.B.T. Catholics feel at home, thanks to both the parish staff and more formalized programs.

My own Jesuit community in New York is next to a church called St. Paul the Apostle, which has one of the most active L.G.B.T. outreach programs in the world. The ministry is called Out at St. Paul and sponsors retreats, Bible study groups, speaking engagements and social events for the parish’s large L.G.B.T. community. At every 5:15 p.m. Sunday Mass, when the time comes for parish announcements, an L.G.B.T. person gets up in the pulpit to say, “Hi! I’m Jason or Xorje or Marianne, and I’m a member at Out at St. Paul. If you’re lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender, we want you to feel welcome. Here are some events coming up this week.” And I just learned that two members of that group are entering religious orders this year.

[…]

Sauce, straight from the Jesuit's brain: americamagazine.org/faith/2018/08/23/father-james-martin-how-parishes-can-welcome-lgbt-catholics

It goes on how the Catholic Church needs to be accepting of the Sodomites into the Church. Seems to me he is saying it is okay to be a sodomite.

Unless he is lying to the sodomites which doesn't suprise me, Jesuits are good at lying after all

Attached: Fr James Martin same sex marriage 02.jpg (1220x722, 292.6K)

Saved his life from what? If it saved him from sinning, that's excellent! If it merely saved him from emotional misery, then the Church shouldn't concern itself with that. It's here as a witness and to call sinners to repentance through Jesus Christ. Whether you feel good or not is product of being saved from sin. It is not the goal itself.

They can't be saved from sin if they are encouraged to remain sodomites. The jesuit even goes so far as to say that it is their (the LGBT community) church

Attached: screen-shot-2017-02-24-at-16-20-50.png (469x613, 223.3K)

It's not a Jesuit issue. Just hold the individual accountable. Even the man you posted above him (Fr. Matt Bozovsky) is also a Jesuit.

And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird. For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies. And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

Babylon is the system of the whole world, my friend. Not just a small segment. We shouldn't be part of any of it.

"I have given them your word, and the world has hated them ebecause they are not of the world, fjust as I am not of the world."

What?