Other urls found in this thread:

touchstonemag.com/archives/article.php?id=16-10-012-v
cfcindia.com/article/christmas-and-easter-christian-or-pagan
twitter.com/AnonBabble

you're on the right path user

>WE WUZ
LARPagans are the tiggers of religion.

There I said it.

It has become one, yes. But it is our duty to hold fast to the true meaning of Christmas, don’t let the secularists win.

WE

"One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind. He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks. For none of us liveth to himself, and no man dieth to himself. For whether we live, we live unto the Lord; and whether we die, we die unto the Lord: whether we live therefore, or die, we are the Lord’s. For to this end Christ both died, and rose, and revived, that he might be Lord both of the dead and living. But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ." - Rom 14:5-13

Smugness is a sin

This.
I would've done a similar thread to OP, but through the sharing of this verse it helped me understand that we shouldn't prohibit brethren from worshipping Christ in Christmas, especially if it helps strengthen their faith. God bless you all and Merry Christmas.

Attached: ewfegrhurijowhvbu.gif (267x260, 1.91M)

Sage

God bless you as well :)

I don't even have a Christmas tree or do much else, and find the date a little dubious, but the thought counts, I think. We should probably be celebrating Christ's birth all the time anyways tbh.

touchstonemag.com/archives/article.php?id=16-10-012-v

No, it isn't.

Yeah preach it brother! You wanna smash an infant with a hammer under an oak tree like the baste pagans used to, bro?

protestants are autistic

FTFY

To be fair, all scholastics are autists. But Reformers were also scholastics.

it's funny how they act like all pagan religions were the same or unified in thought

For the most part it doubt about it doesn't hinge on some not easily corroborable calendar calculations of centuries ago but the fact that many of the common traditions associated with it do not appear to be biblical but pre-Christian inheritances instead. It is then argued that customs are perfectly appropriable by those who give it a new meaning, but then the question lies on whether partaking in any of this is worthwhile or if it rather becomes a detriment as is sometimes observed, and should one feel too passionate for it.
For the traditionalists it might not be so hard to follow another tradition unquestionably as it is to justify yet another tradition of vague origins to skeptics.

At the end of the article
And the pagan feast which the Emperor Aurelian instituted on that date in the year 274 was not only an effort to use the winter solstice to make a political statement, but also almost certainly an attempt to give a pagan significance to a date already of importance to Roman Christians. The Christians, in turn, could at a later date re-appropriate the pagan “Birth of the Unconquered Sun” to refer, on the occasion of the birth of Christ, to the rising of the “Sun of Salvation” or the “Sun of Justice.”

This is a very well written article on Christmas and Easter.

It even says that the truth is for one who accepts it, if they ant they can, and even if they do, stop forcing others to.

cfcindia.com/article/christmas-and-easter-christian-or-pagan

Every day belongs to the Lord, Christmas is about worshiping Him

How trump working out for you?

Bretty gud. Im enjoying my "crumbs" and the shitshow. it's going to be a good next two years.

I dislike western leaders doing this ritual… isn't the wailing wall a jewish concern? Why have non-jews do this?

solidarity perhaps? Replying to myself lol

still sipping demoncrap tears.

wtf I love pagans now

The other point is that the nativity of St. John the Baptist is set 6 months away.

St. John said referring to Lord Jesus. 'He must increase, I must decrease".

So when the forerunner is celebrated the light starts to decrease.

When the Lord is celebrated the light starts to increase

Sukkot is Jesus' true birthday