Mormons

What do you think about mormons?

Attached: 4e04a1304bd7c81b1f0d0000-750.jpg (400x300, 28.35K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/n3BqLZ8UoZk
vatican.va/roman_curia/congregations/cfaith/documents/rc_con_cfaith_doc_20010605_battesimo_mormoni-ladaria_en.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Just another heritic sect of Christianty.

Purgatory will be extra long for them.

They have more of a gay problem than the Catholics but nobody cares because they have better PR.

Otherwise I don't like them, they are literal Judaizers.

I think my first (and last) encounter with Mormons sums it up. After a little introduction and telling them I was a Christian…

Them: "So.. who is your favorite prophet?"
Me: "I'd have to say John the Baptist."
Them: "Oh yeah. That's pretty good. We want to tell you about our favorite prophet. His name was Joseph Smith."
Me: "… Wait, wait? I just mentioned the greatest prophet ever. You're going with 'Joseph Smith'? Who is he?" *regretted that last question.. finally ducked out after barely containing my laughter*

Hmm

Not a catholic, but purgatory is somewhat scriptural. Paul does state:

So there is two ways one can be saved, now how long this baptism of fire lasts and where it is done is unknown. Now Paul could be referencing hell but I doubt it since Jesus Christ says something quite similar.

How new are you to this board, how did you find it, and what site did you come from?
To answer your question, Joseph Smith was a Freemason; into the lake of fire they go.

I think he implies that Hell is destination for heretics and not purgatory.

They're not even Christian, they're a bunch of polytheist heathens.

I'm not defending morminism, But If they are truthfully devoted to Christ (which may or may not be possible), their hearts are what they will be judged bye.

I believe they'll go to Purgatory.
They don't worhsip another God in the sense of an Oden or Zeus. They have Christ, as shallow as he may be in their Theology.

This. Purgatory is for people who died with no mortal sin (and inside the Church) and are saved already and will go to heaven once the clean up is complete

How can they be devoted to Christ when they deny that he's God in the flesh, that he was just some wise pimp with multiple wives, teach that FATHER himself was once a man, but is really just some mega space alien from the planet "Kolob" who ascended, and now he gets to rule as a "god" over our own planet (and thus, the goal of all mormons is to graduate and become gods of their own planets one day too).

Semantics of theology does not define Faith for me.
I know their stuff is backwards, and seems even disrespectful from our perspective, but they truly can't comprehend the Totallity of Christ and so they deny the fullness of the Truth.

They're not even Christians as they don't have baptisms so they go into the fiery lake.

You're probably just as bad then. Or actually one of them. These aren't semantics. They're not even mere core theological doctrines. They can't even get God himself right and think he's some alien. They might as well bundle themselves with the rest of the rednecks who watch Ancient Aliens.

To answer the question Mormons aren't Christian by every possible definition.
They are just a religion based on Christianity and Judaism just like Islam is.
Muslims however are even more Christian then them because they believe there's only one God that always existed even though real Muslims worship someone else, in that regard they are like mormons.
Mormons are politheists. They believe there are lots of gods and each one has his own planet. Out "God" according to them was just a man who followed the path of Mormon and after he died he became a god and he is now enjoying the company of his heavenly wives.
And they say that if you follow the teachings of their prophet you too will become a god as well can rule a planet too.
Another funny things is that the Mormon God sometimes commits mistakes like saying that tiggers were cursed but now are allowed "my mistake fellow humans". So if they admit their god is sometimes wrong just because why wasn't he wrong when he told Joseph Smith that all Christian denominations were wrong?

I don't even feel the need to destroy Mormonism with the bible itself since the evidence against them is so overwhelming that every verse is a proof they are wrong.
Moreover in addition to the bible they also have the book of the Mormon written by their founder after he found some places containing another gospel of Christ written in "Reformed Egiptian" a language that doesn't exist and then conviniently an angel took them back after he translated them to English. Also his original witness later said he was wrong and founded their own cults themselves.
Either way I think it's enough that I just refute their cult with the very first verse of the Bible:
Genesis 1:1
And with this one

Genesis 3:5

Attached: 21678005f0119b4f942e0c964661378310206ec0a851656c36b52450f2284423.png (920x903, 384.93K)

Friend you have professed heresy, this is not semantics of theology but a matter of the Catholic faith which it is necessary to believe in order to be saved. Mormons deny Christ is God, they do not have the son so they do not have the father. They believe in a different God and cannot be saved.

More importantly it is necessary that you recognise this and accept the Catholic faith. Read the Athanasian Creed: Whosoever will be saved, before all things it is necessary that he hold the catholic faith. Which faith unless every one do keep whole and undefiled, without doubt he shall perish everlastingly. And the catholic faith is this: that we worship one God in Trinity, and Trinity in Unity; neither confounding the Persons, nor dividing the Essence. For there is one Person of the Father; another of the Son; and another of the Holy Ghost. But the Godhead of the Father, of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost, is all one; the Glory equal, the Majesty coeternal. Such as the Father is; such is the Son; and such is the Holy Ghost. The Father uncreated; the Son uncreated; and the Holy Ghost uncreated. The Father unlimited; the Son unlimited; and the Holy Ghost unlimited. The Father eternal; the Son eternal; and the Holy Ghost eternal. And yet they are not three eternals; but one eternal. As also there are not three uncreated; nor three infinites, but one uncreated; and one infinite. So likewise the Father is Almighty; the Son Almighty; and the Holy Ghost Almighty. And yet they are not three Almighties; but one Almighty. So the Father is God; the Son is God; and the Holy Ghost is God. And yet they are not three Gods; but one God. So likewise the Father is Lord; the Son Lord; and the Holy Ghost Lord. And yet not three Lords; but one Lord. For like as we are compelled by the Christian verity; to acknowledge every Person by himself to be God and Lord; So are we forbidden by the catholic religion; to say, There are three Gods, or three Lords. The Father is made of none; neither created, nor begotten. The Son is of the Father alone; not made, nor created; but begotten. The Holy Ghost is of the Father and of the Son; neither made, nor created, nor begotten; but proceeding. So there is one Father, not three Fathers; one Son, not three Sons; one Holy Ghost, not three Holy Ghosts. And in this Trinity none is before, or after another; none is greater, or less than another. But the whole three Persons are coeternal, and coequal. So that in all things, as aforesaid; the Unity in Trinity, and the Trinity in Unity, is to be worshipped. He therefore that will be saved, let him thus think of the Trinity.

Furthermore, it is necessary to everlasting salvation; that he also believe faithfully the Incarnation of our Lord Jesus Christ. For the right Faith is, that we believe and confess; that our Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of God, is God and Man; God, of the Substance [Essence] of the Father; begotten before the worlds; and Man, of the Substance [Essence] of his Mother, born in the world. Perfect God; and perfect Man, of a reasonable soul and human flesh subsisting. Equal to the Father, as touching his Godhead; and inferior to the Father as touching his Manhood. Who although he is God and Man; yet he is not two, but one Christ. One; not by conversion of the Godhead into flesh; but by assumption of the Manhood into God. One altogether; not by confusion of Substance [Essence]; but by unity of Person. For as the reasonable soul and flesh is one man; so God and Man is one Christ; Who suffered for our salvation; descended into hell; rose again the third day from the dead. He ascended into heaven, he sitteth on the right hand of God the Father Almighty, from whence he will come to judge the living and the dead. At whose coming all men will rise again with their bodies; And shall give account for their own works. And they that have done good shall go into life everlasting; and they that have done evil, into everlasting fire. This is the catholic faith; which except a man believe truly and firmly, he cannot be saved.

youtu.be/n3BqLZ8UoZk
They're not Christian. They believe anyone can be God and in celestial sex i wish i was joking

I'd agree with you if you were talking about Jews or Muslims even though that won't save them.
Saying Mormons don't comprehend Christ is the same thing as saying that of an atheist, although even atheists know Christ is a man, unlike Mormons who believe he is an alien who is the bastard brother of Satan or something maybe he will show up in a new XCOM game.
They aren't even theists. They don't believe in One God who created the whole existence. For them becoming a god after following a path is something normal in their retarded fairy tale universe.
Its basically a cult for Smith to have sex with all the girls he wanted (based on Muhammad perhaps) until the US Gov. forbidden them from having multiple wives. But that's OK because in heaven they will have endless celestial sex (just like Isis thinks. Now that I think about it is pretty close to Islam).

Again even if they did they reject the Catholic Church and since Extra Ecclesiam Nulla Salus they are going straight to hell unless they repent before them.

That is actually false, they do.

Right, you know nothing of my theological understanding. Keep in good faith brother, do not rush into blind judgement.

Faith isn't bound by theology.
It's tied intrinsically into it.

Oh yes, I know Truth and I do not deny it.
What are you going to do?

When we put things into words we can only explain what our imagination sees, I truthfully believe they see the same thing in the Faith of Jesus, they just don't have the proper theological understanding to explain it, they may see the the holy ghost, the son and the father as we do, but they don't understand the trinity so they cannot explain it in a way we do.

I do not think they all will be saved, but I believe on death when Christ is upon them as their Judge they will see the errors in their ways, and if they are true to their hearts and seek him I believe Christ will be just.

Calling him an alien in their theology is wacky yeah, but I guarantee not all of them believe that.

(checked)
I don't think about mormons. Though, back in my uni days there were these twin girls that were mormon and they told me the church has changed from when it was incepted. They also were based because in speech class they argued why sodomites shouldn't be allowed to adopt.

Thinking about it makes me miss them…oh well ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I know that you're not angry that some kooks called God a whoremongering space alien.. like he's some Captain Kirk from other race.

If the Spirit of God didn't anger inside of you, and you're doing the hippy "It's all good, bro" thing, then something is sadly wrong.

Brother what good would anger do?
It was fortold in the bible that heretical sects would rise up.
How would anger fill my prayers?
Anger solves nothing. Nothing.

You're still trying to box me in to fit your world frame, it's not going to happen.

"Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good." - Rom 12:9

And heretical sects rose up immediately. That wasn't written for merely now. It was written for the early Church first. Heretics rose up, and the Church rose to the occasion. The heretics lost power and influence, for a good reason. But it's something one must always fight, when the occasion unfortunately demands it.

Yeah we are in agreence here.
Hate the sin, not the people.

No they don't have baptisms. They don't baptise in the name of the father and of the son and of the holy spirit.

That's gnosticism. Only God knows truth because he is truth and he knows himself perfectly in the second person of the trinity. Humans cannot know truth or God as God is a mystery to humans. Humans can only be given supernatural faith as a gift from God and then have the beatific vision in heaven, which is still limited by their merit.

If you believe that their faith can save them and that they have faith in the same God then you believe a heresy that is not Catholic and you do not believe in the Catholic God.

Their name rhymes with morons. It's as American as apple pie too; only Americans could dream up a religion that so justifies their belief in their own national exceptionalism and somehow sneak in endless celestial sex.

Attached: Il Barone2.jpg (186x271, 9.96K)

Bible BASED

Pic of Mormon censorship is just as bad as this place

We censor people because they are saying heretical shit.
The other dude was just quoting "Prophet" Joseph Smith.

Yes they do.

Bro I see your just memeing, that is not gnosticism.
Jesus is the truth the way, the light.

You're putting your self on a slippery slope.

I blame it on frontier mentality and no strong Church tradition/jurisdiction (wonder why Catholics and Orthodox hold up tradition so much? They had to deal with these frontier freaks themselves all the time! The biggest is sadly here to this day: Islam).

Islam is nothing compared to Mormons in terms of craziness.
Smith btfo Muhammad every time.

From the Vatican website:

You cannot know Jesus or truth as to do so denies the need for supernatural faith. This is one of the errors of the gnostics, named because of gnosis, or "knowing". If you know God then that means you are God.

How can I know if the log isn't available?

They bothered to say this?
Or are the Mormons kind of a big threat in the US?
Link if you don't mind.

vatican.va/roman_curia/congregations/cfaith/documents/rc_con_cfaith_doc_20010605_battesimo_mormoni-ladaria_en.html

ENDLESS

Quite a few have run for President.. and have had very powerful positions on sides of the political spectrum (Harry Reid and Orrin Hatch). They lust for power, for sure.

But power aside, something has to be very bad if the baptism itself isn't even valid. I'm not Catholic, but well aware that they accept a lot of different converts' baptism as valid (that it still has the seed of apostolic teaching and authority).

This is a pretty good test of who is and who isnt Christian. The Catholic church recognises pretty nuch every baptism, even pastor billy bob baptising people jn a swimming pool. As long as it's trinitarian essentially.

Mormons aren't Christians, they are Saintanists. They don't believe in salvation, they believe in exhaltation. When Mormons go out for mission work, they're not doing it to save others out of love, but because they want to exhalt themselves into "Sainthood"

Attached: cereal.png (523x472, 41.22K)

I was wrong then, I'll continue to pray for the lost sheep.

Attached: CELESTIAL.jpg (1200x675, 421.85K)

I think he took a tumble from that celestial spot he was at.

Attached: Death of Joseph Smith.jpg (796x474, 212.02K)

Thanks man.

ABSOLUTE JUST!

They are building churches in my area. Or temples as they called them. Mid Atlantic east coast here. The buildings that they build are at least somewhat bombproof. You can tell by the partitions that stick out to the left and right of every window. They are meant to minimalize the concussive blast that can shatter glass and turn it into shrapnel. Not too many churches think about that shit.

Attached: 826A0449-0C0B-4B1C-8457-0254F2AABAB8.png (236x312, 37.5K)

i admire their 'evangelical' zeal, a western missionary even greeted me on the streets when I was in tokyo

Attached: heresy.jpeg (680x680, 135.82K)

Shit-tier theology.

God-tier communities.

Mormons may not be Christian, but they do a better job of resisting modernity than any Christian sect except the Anabaptists (Amish/Mennonites/Hutterites) who cheat by restricting technology (that only works when you have somebody else protecting you). We really should be studying their social structures in more detail; there must be some way to emulate their successes without copying their heresy.

Attached: South-Park-Season-7-Episode-12-1-442f.jpg (512x384, 52.01K)

It's called excommunication

They have one too many m in their name.

Ormon?

When you have small communities and expel the "heretical" members everything looks good.
It was the same thing with the Church at the beginning. It was a small community and the Bishops weren't afraid of issuing excommunications.
Now when you have millions of faithful of course lots of them will deviate and you have no control over them because they're just too many.

It has a lot in common with Islam

I'm LDS but I probably would've said Elijah tbh.

That's actually false, Jesus is actually the God of this earth (he's the YHWH of the old testament). Jesus created heaven and earth in LDS beliefs.

all of the three witnesses swore by their testimonies at the day of their deaths, even though most had left the church and had disagreements with Joseph.

Thanks guys.
Fun fact: some of the quorum of the twelve is always missing from the stand in general conference, this is to make sure some leadership survives if a bomb goes off.

Attached: book of mormon lit analysis.jpg (1358x1661, 489.13K)

Just confess he created the whole universe and you'd finally find escape.

What's with the soft inflections and accent btw? Is it a Utah thing? Like you're even trained to say "Another Testament of Jesus Christ" in the EXACT SAME WAY. It's how those bicycle missionaries talk as well. Every. Single. One. Of. You.

Except the poor kids in this commercial.. they haven't been entirely tainted yet.

The heavens included the universe m8.

Jehovah(Jesus) literally created everything.

There are multiple heavens. You only said heaven at first, so I was afraid you had more wonky theology or cosmology up your sleeve.

Convert

You're not a Christian, you're a Saintanist. The foundation of your belief system is not on salvation, but exaltation. Your goal is sainthood, not salvation. Hence the name of your church, latter-day saints. Jesus did not pay atonement in the Garden of Gethsemane, Jesus paid the price of our sins on the cross. Remember, the cross, the beautiful cross, and that Jesus Christ Loves you and is calling you back. Stop believing in lies, and come to know the Truth. Read your Bible with the Eyes and Ears of God, not some words of some prophet-man.

Attached: DW0seV5U8AECHfZ.jpg (640x640, 100K)

The winnie the pooh is this heresy? Holy shit?
Before Christ there was none and after him there will be none.
That's why God says he is the one Who is.

Psalms 92:1-2
The Lord hath reigned, he is clothed with beauty: the Lord is clothed with strength, and hath girded himself. For he hath established the world which shall not be moved. My throne is prepared from of old: thou art from everlasting.
John 4:24
God is spirit.
Numbers 23:19
God is not a man, that he should lie, nor is the son of man, that he should be changed. Hath he said then, and will he not do? hath he spoken, and will he not fulfil?
Tfw your God is so smart that he even commits mistakes and changes his stance on abortion in 1992
Let's just ignore history for this one and just use the bible:
Acts 3:20-21
That when the times of refreshment shall come from the presence of the Lord, and he shall send him who hath been preached unto you, Jesus Christ. Whom heaven indeed must receive, until the times of the restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of his holy prophets, from the beginning of the world.

Then no Jesus didn't pay a visit to burgers after He went to heavens.
And we could go on and on with this shit all day.
In the end you'd just answer me with your feelings or using the "book of the Mormon".
Leave your cult beofee damaging your soul even more.
No one is asking you to become Catholic right away, just leave that satanic cult and become monotheistic.

yes, I agree
yes, I agree. However we are also spirit.
this is incorrect, policy changes do not indicate god has made a mistake. It is like how Christians can eat pork and don’t have to be circumcised or sacrifice lambs.
John 10:16
And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

I feel the same holy feeling when I read the Book of Mormon as when I read the Bible. I have also prayed and received a testimony of those things.

Do you agree what he was not created and exists even before time itself?
The passage I showed you was saying he wasn't a man which destroys the Mormon point. Btw man is spirit and flesh.
Policies like the stance in aborting?
Since when killing for God is bad one day and good tomorrow?
But the bivle says God made the law because of our nature and the OT already says the Messiah will change the things.
And that's what happened when the Portuguese and the Spaniards went to America. Saying Jesus came down from heavens to preach to America is heresy and contradicts Matthew and Acts that say He will stay in heaven until the end of the world. also history disagrees with you. Hell even among yourselves you guys don't know where he showed up
There are no more prophets after Christ. Specially prophets you teach completely different things of what he and the Apostles taught. My man he even goes against the oldest believe in the world shared by Jews and Christians alike. That there's only one God.
Matthew 7:15
Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly are ravenous wolves.
Matthew 24:24
For there shall arise false Christs and false prophets and shall shew great signs and wonders, insomuch as to deceive (if possible) even the elect.
Didn't I say I would all come down to feelings and personal experiences?
I can't argue with your feelings.

Friend, I'm sorry, but you're lost. We don't choose God, God chooses us.

Unrelated to your larger point, but the verses you quote do not support the statement that there will be no more prophets, only that false ones will exist.

If Smith wasn't a false prophet we wouldn't reveal new stuff, especially things that contradict monotheism 101.

Was I unclear on "unrelated to your larger point"? This isn't about Smith, Mormonism, or any theological point. It's about the linguistics.

"Beware of false prophets" != "No new prophets". You might want to find better scripture to hang your argument on, if any.

This is Mormons in a nutshell. Except with Native Americans. Backwoods rednecks saw brown skin and said "Jews!" *writes the Book of Nephi*

Nice enough people generally. Not Christian though.

This is the destroyer of the Mormon faith.

Attached: cesletter.jpg (700x1043, 77.77K)

This is amazing.