How do you guys respond to this?

From reddit.com/r/Judaism/wiki/jesus

Why Jews Do Not Accept Jesus as the Messiah
Prophecies unfulfilled
The Messiah is a person who will live up to a series of prophetic expectations and partake of an era marked by particular characteristics. In absence of such being the case, Jesus cannot possibly be the Messiah.

The whole world will worship the One God of Israel. Isaiah 2:11-17, Isaiah 40:5, Zephaniah 3:9

Currently large swaths humanity do not worship the One God of Israel.

Knowledge of God will fill the world. Isaiah 11:9, 45:23, 66:23, Jeremiah 31:33, Zechariah 3:9, 8:23, 14:9,16, Ezekiel 38:23, Psalm 86:9

Note that this is knowledge of God - not simply unsubstantiated faith in God. Even amongst the faithful, such knowledge is rare.

All Israelites will be returned to their homeland Isaiah 11:12, 27:12-13, Ezekiel 11:17, 36:24, Deuteronomy 30:3

Though there are more Jews today living in the Land of Israel than there have been since the exile began nearly 2,000 years ago - there is still a large diaspora consisting of millions of Jews.

The Jewish people will experience eternal joy and gladness. Isaiah 51:11

The Jewish people have been historically subject to a great degree of persecution (the Holocaust, the Inquisition, pogroms, etc.) and while generally our condition has improved, we are still a perpetual target.

Nations will recognize the wrongs they did to Israel. Isaiah 52:13-53:5

While modern Germany as a nation-state does much to repent of its history (i.e. the Holocaust), various states and human institutions with much blood and guilt on their hands, to this day either remain silent, white-wash/cover up history, or in some perverse instances even exult in it.

The peoples of the world will turn to the Jews for spiritual guidance. Zechariah 8:23

While there is today an emerging interest in observance of the Noahide laws (the Torah's universal laws of man), there still has not been an en masse turn towards learned Torah observant Jews for guidance in spiritual matters.

Weapons of war will be destroyed. Ezekiel 39:9

One need only momentarily consider the trillions spent on arms by nations such as the U.S., China and Russia as well as the existence of an immense military industrial complex to realize that this is not the condition we find ourselves in today.

A person’s genealogical/tribal membership are transmitted exclusively through one’s physical father. Numbers 1:18, Jeremiah 33:17

Jesus whose alleged sketchy genealogy is maternal cannot possibly be a verifiable descendent of the tribe of Judah.

The Temple will be rebuilt. Micah 4:1, Ezekiel 40-42, Isaiah 2:2-3, Malachi 3:4, Zechariah 14:20-21,

The Third Temple is not a metaphor, it is not symbolic of a man. There will be an actual physical building where all of the ritualistic components that the Torah commands be implemented, will be administered by Leviim (Levites) and Kohanim (Priests).

World Peace: Isaiah 2:4, 11:6, 60:18 Micah 4:1-4, Hosea 2:20

The list of ongoing military conflicts is too long to list here. One can hardly pick up a newspaper or hear a news report without being informed of the latest battle, bombing, strike, etc.

Christianity claims that Jesus "Fulfilled the law," i.e. the law is abrogated and need not any longer be observed.

Deut. 13:2-7 concerns the "false prophet" - if one arises who attempts to draw the Jewish people away from Torah observance then he is to be identified as such. The Torah's commandments are an eternally binding covenant with the Jews, God is not a whimsical being subject to a willy nilly changing of the rules - "God is not a man, that He should lie; neither the son of man, that He should repent" (Num. 23:19)

All Jews will embrace Torah observance. Ezekiel 37:24, Deuteronomy 30:8-10, Jeremiah 31:32, Ezekiel 11:19-20, 36:26-27.

It is fairly obvious that as the situation stands today, lamentably only a very small percentage of Jews live in observance of the Torah. Secularism has widely been embraced by Jews and some even go so far as deeming such virtuous.

Jesus cannot be a part of God, not him, anybody or anything. Deut 6:4.

The idea of the Messiah actually partaking of divinity is anathema to Torah Judaism. God is ONE. His oneness is inviolable and is not that of a compound unity (like twelve eggs make one dozen, or three divinities make one god).

Attached: goikun.png (555x506, 57.96K)

Other urls found in this thread:

invidio.us/channel/UCbINn3x-intLp88Zrf8acpg
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Oven_of_Akhnai
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Shake the dust off my feet, do a 360 and moonwalk away

You'd benefit from listening to Dr.Michael Brown. Here's his channel: invidio.us/channel/UCbINn3x-intLp88Zrf8acpg

I don't.

If you seek to be Jewish follow the Jewish scholars.

Attached: D1A1638D-2834-4505-B9B6-4D9B7B27E381.jpeg (393x604, 49.43K)

but how will i refute it if i just refuse to engage?

i dont want to be jewish

Why bother? Just shrug and move on. Not everything has to be a battle.

OP

All of those are easily explained in The Book of Revelation (or The Apocalypse of John), they are referring to the time of the Millennial reign of Jesus Christ who is The Messiah.

They're actually contradicting themselves. God gave a covenant to Adam and Eve, and a covenant to Noah. Remember up to this point there was no such thing as a Jew per se. It was only to Moses at Mt. Sinai that God started to establish the Torah and the Law. The entire point of the Old Testament was the expectation of a New Testament (Jeremiah 31:33). This also invalidates Mormonism because there was never an expectation of another testament after the NT. Hence Jesus Christ is the fulfillment of the Law, He is the Messiah, QED.

In the OT, there was the concept of the Holy Spirit and the Angel of the Lord (which was probably Jesus Christ Himself). God is Three in One. That is the Trinity that Nicene Creed Christians believe in. Also add to the fact that their reasoning is the same one used by Muslims.

Attached: f229d1f6a502f858302c3cd67734d420d57507a4e9d73d0edc0f527900f74cef.png (800x500, 422.11K)

I don’t remember the exact verses, but wasn’t Jesus Christ suppose to come first to suffer, then to come back as a conqueror? Wasn’t there two forms of the messiah?

for all the wrongs you have done to me,
because I will remove from you
your arrogant boasters.
Never again will you be haughty
on my holy hill.
But I will leave within you
the meek and humble.
The remnant of Israel
will trust in the name of the Lord.
Zephaniah 3

If they just read 3 verses farther and the context maybe they'd understand.

Neither of the other verses seem to have much bearing on "The whole world will worship…" part.

Messiah ben Joseph (Jacob's son) and ben David. ben Joseph was to suffer and be killed, and ben David would avenge him.

But Rabbis stupidly think they're different people. He's one and the same. And he did take vengeance: AD 70. And he functions as both King and a Light to the Gentiles (as Joseph did, when saving Egypt from famine).

ty friends

I've seen this entire list used by multiple rabbis in debates against baby Christians who aren't prepared for it.
But just to start off with one:
God is ONE. His oneness is inviolable and is not that of a compound unity
In Genesis it is quite clear
ONE.

2000 years of church history (including the New Testament itself.. read John 1:1 just to refresh yourself) doesn't care for your Oneness Pentecostal heresy. Stop trying to fellate your Rabbinic overlords and come to the real God.

Even pre-Rabbinic Jews recognized that the Word and Spirit are God. It's impossible to separate them. Just like you couldn't separate your words and spirit from yourself.

In your rush to insult me and Protestantism, did you even read the OP or the particular bullet point I was responding to?
don't bother to respond, the answer is no.

Bump

Most of that list I’m not educated enough to fully argue with, and I admit does (on the surface at least) present a good challenge to Christianity. However, I do have to counter this: All this jewish oneness crap came later as a result of Christian trinitarianism. Google the “two powers in Heaven” doctrine or read the works of Philo on the Logos to see at least proto-trinitarianism among the ancient Jews. Strict unitarianism came later, after Jesus, and it eventually influenced Islam. It’s not an old Jewish doctrine
You should also know that rabbinical Jews will not change their mind because they believe the Tanakh and Talmud are finalized. Read this en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Oven_of_Akhnai for a story on the rabbis rejecting the direct voice of God on grounds that it’s not in the Torah.

Nice reading comprehension bro

🇻🇦🇻🇦🇻🇦Certain people🇻🇦🇻🇦🇻🇦 hate the Bible because they can’t read

Well of course, we all believe that. We are Christians! Everyone in this thread is a trinitarian Christian. If you weren’t an illiterate with no reading comprehension, you wouldn’t begin to think otherwise

I apologize if I read something wrong. It's still confusing. And I don't insult Protestants. Oneness Pentocostals aren't Protestants. They deny even the Nicene Creed, which all Protestants adhere to.

Yeah, because this board is full of traditional, orthodox doctrines. It's so wrong for me to assume otherwise.

Every day there's something that takes me aback. I'm glad that there was a misunderstanding here though. Nothing would make me happier tthan hat we're actually on the same page. I'll take your insults in this case. I deserve it.

Attached: 0a1.jpg (643x820, 77.93K)

Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever (Hebrews 13:8).
With that in mind most of these so called "failed prophesies" have been fulfilled, such as
Christianity has spread to virtually every country on Earth, and has been translated into pretty much every language on Earth.

Now others such as World Peace will be fulfilled by Christ in his second coming, Christ has simply taken a break so to say, and will return to finish the job.
Jesus WAS not the messiah, he IS the Messiah, he was not a preacher who died and was buried, he is God who died and was resurrected, who will return.
The Jews saying that Christ is not the messiah because he didn't fulfil x prophesies is misleading, imagine for a second that the Jews are correct and the messiah will come, and we don't believe because he fulfilled x number of prophesies but hasn't fulfilled any in 10 years, when we call the Jew out on this they would just reply and say "well he fulfilled x number of prophesies, give him more time".
That is what it is like for us, Christ fulfilled many prophesies and will return to finish them, our Messiah isn't dead, whilst Jews in this argument are pre-supposing that he is dead and just a mortal.

Wasn't the Messiah supposed to come before the destruction of the second temple? Doesn't that leave Jesus as the only one who can ever fulfill prophecy?

Now here's what the verse actually says;

So there you have it, the nations did take hold of the robe of one Jew, viz. Jesus Christ of Nazareth. As for the rest, I'm not going to waste my time for Jews on R*ddit of all cancerous places.

Attached: Back.jpg (717x880, 140.88K)