Celibacy

So, I'm planning on becoming celibate but I feel as though my reasons for being so might not be 100% ok. I've been a incel khhv all my life and never had a woman interested in me. Even know I still have people only really associate with me out of pity. At church people are genuinely nice to me but deep down I know they really just wanna get away from me. Even my pastor doesn't really wanna talk to be. I'm not too offended, although servilely hurt, since I can be really annoying and Inquisitive and it can get to the point that he just doesn't want to answer any more of my autistic questions.

I've come to the conclusion that I'm just intrinsically bad. If I start a new job I'm the first to be hated even if I don't speak, if I join a new church I'm the outcast, if I try to join some club I'm the re-ject. It's all become so tiresome and I can't help it.

A couple days back I finally made peace with this truth. I'm not gonna beat myself up chasing something I can't get. I won't suffer and so I decided to become celibate. It's the only choice I really have and I don't see any other option. I know that this might not be a biblical or Christian reason to become celibate but I feel like I have no other choice. What else is a pathetic piece of gay shit like myself gonna do? I'm only hurting myself more if I try any harder. Might as well quit now.

Attached: 1545219048341.jpg (1598x2412, 843.03K)

Other urls found in this thread:

catholicnick.blogspot.com/2012/03/does-romans-9-condemn-unconditional.html?m=1
skimcast.com
sharelatex.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Are you catholic? Have you thought of being a monk?

Isn't this a contradiction?

I'm not a Catholic. If I was I think I would join the Dominican order. Or if I was orthodox I would go mount Athos.

I mean, I can be genuinely nice to a homeless person but not wanna touch him or even be near him.

And… if you were protestant where would you go?

I am, and I'd just work for the church. A friend of mine if a trainee minister. He's literally living my dream where he gets to read a lot of books, write sermons and get access to some really high level Bible commentary books.

I think I would do that.

You know you can start that now

How? I mean as a job. I'm not sure there are any vacancies at my church. And I'd rather go seminary first before going straight into ministry. Although, if I could I would just scrap uni all together and enter the church.

Start writing anyways

Oh, I am. Funny you said this because I got into a small debate with a user on discord. He sent me a link to rebutt and I made a 5 page googled doc in one night for fun. Pissed me off after because when I was about to send it to him he said he didn't want it anymore and I spent 5 hours writing that and didn't get to sleep. But in the end I got a rush from it. I really enjoyed writing and I gained a sense of accomplishment. I didn't even mean for it to be 5 pages but then I got carried away.

But yeah, I've written short 1 pages or 1 and a half page essay before defending other theological beliefs.

I think I've truly found my passion. I'm gonna go into academia.

Post it

Here's the website I was responding to: catholicnick.blogspot.com/2012/03/does-romans-9-condemn-unconditional.html?m=1

I didn't have time to spell or grammar check so sorry if things seem a bit chaotic and stuff. But as time went on I got tired and really wanted to make this. I've also been out of work for a while now and it's been 3 years since I left what you Americans call middle school or highschool and so my writing skills have gone down drastically. I'm working on improving it though. Also, last year I read 12 books. That's the most I've ever read in my life. I'm moving on up lad

Nice job user. Your going somewhere, I'll read your thing

I posted it earlier but because it had my name on it I deleted it. Butt winnie the pooh it, here you go

Thanks, reading now

:-)

Best blessings to you, user.
It's a path far too few are even able to walk these days.

Attached: spear poetry.gif (400x171, 2.93M)

Paul isn't talking about the Country, he's talking about the family inheritance of "Isreal".

Also, Romans 9;7 Paul is alluding to how all called but few are chosen, even among the people of "isreal".
For example Romans 9:8 Paul is talking about how Abrahams true Children are those who are chosen. Christ opens this door to the Gentiles, look how he builds this up to Romans 9:25.

Other than those minor things I posted, I'm in agreence with you, also I'm Catholic. :-)

I don't think they dislike you fren. You think this way because you have low self esteem.

Yeah, this is one of the reasons why I might become a Catholic. After reading Aquinas' commentary on the book of Romans it gave me a new found respect for him. Now, not only as a philosopher but also as a theologian. The only hang up I have is that I don't see biblical evidence for the idea that the reprobate have hope of ever being saved. Because one of the ways Aquinas kinda compatiblises it is saying that although the vessels of wrath are prepared for destruction he also says that there was still a possibility for them being saved. But I don't see this. If that was answered I would be more open to becoming Catholic.

Hey OP, thanks for sharing. You do have an art for writing. Here's a useful tool that skims text intelligently for you so I hope you find this useful skimcast.com

True, and after making this thread I've actually felt better about myself. I don't feel like giving up anymore.

I'll give life one more shot.

I'm really glad to hear that fren :) I'll pray for you

I doubt, I'm quite autistic and my online friends have even told me that the grammar was bad and it was written in such a low iq way. But thanks for the link. Anything that can help me with my writing I can use.

Catholocisn is honestly "lax" as in it's not restrictive like Calvinism. Aquinas has a great mind and a powerful theological background but that doesn't mean you have to be in full accordance with him.
Anyways, pray on it.

I was a grad student (graduated with Masters) and had a paper accepted into a conference (nothing big, but was still accepted). I was told by a professor once that the best way to become a good writer is to simply keep writing. The first few years will be terribad, but you become really good at it. He said to start a blog and just write.

If you're really passionate about this, I guess I could recommend you go the graduate school route and put that reading and writing to some use. You may as well work towards some higher degree, plus it'll get you the resources that can help fuel your passion. If you love reading endless amounts of paper and also writing, then graduate school is for you.

Also, learn how to use LaTeX if you're going to write papers. A good website is sharelatex.com/ which I use even to this day.

Attached: 7e7ac15af0e91a960e2ef81d533d99d1f41172717e81be3f269a8f78fa77af3a.jpg (1361x485, 210.16K)

omg, great. Thanks for the motivation. Wasn't expecting this thread to be like this but I enjoyed it anyway. I'll be sure to use the link you provided me. I'm working on going seminary and I'm sure there will be a lot of opportunities for me to write then. Honestly, I'm not sure I'm passionate about writing or I'm just passionate about theology and that's why it seemed like it was easy to write. btw, my friend isn't a bad guy if it seemed that way. We're actually planning on reading philosophy together and he's teaching me Latin. Currently we're reading the Iliad.
He's a great guy.

Ok, I will. I do need to get into the habit.

This isn't a Catholic doctrine. Why is this important?

Hey user, looks like you're getting a lot of help with your vocation which is great! One book that's helped me a lot with my social issues is "How to Win Friends and Influence People". I know it sounds like some kind of manipulation handbook but it helps just to know a bit about how people think and react. I didn't even read the whole book but a few chapters years ago. It takes a long time to change how you act but just thinking on these things and how you could have dealt with a recent encounter differently from time to time can help, and the sooner you start the better. Self Improvement is a lifelong process but things can get better faster than you think. You can't stop trying to make yourself better every day! God bless you user

Attached: 1499602192522.jpg (512x640, 304.7K)

sharelatex is overleaf now

just what the world needs: more broken, depressed, despairing men as clergy

Until you have gone years – and I mean, like, five – and don't fap, don't still look at women longingly, and don't still wish and pine for a waifu, you're not embracing this.
This is what we do to honour God, to commit ourselves to God. You're an incel. You don't want it, it's clear, and you wish God would take it away from you, but you're resigning to it. This is a recipe for being under temptation, sin and condemnation for a lifetime. Don't bother.
If your pastor's abandoned you, ask yourself, truthfully, whether he gave you advice you ignored. "It's too hard." "I can't do it." etc
If so, doesn't he have a right to seem to give up? He's waiting for you, perhaps?
But, if he's not, then move on. But, speak to him before you do explaining your reasons. Don't be autistic and leave in a huff.

All of this doesn't mean that God hasn't chosen celibacy for you. This may be your cross. But, the key point is you will never know until you've gotten to age sixty (C.S.Lewis married at 58, fwiw, but he wasn't incel.)
What you need to decide is not whether God has or has not chosen this for me, the question is how will I live now in a way that honours who He is? You might be waiting until you're 58. (What of it? You gonna hate God for that? To whom else can you turn?) So, there's thirty years ahead of you, or maybe a lifetime. How are you going to live until then? Pining. Fapping? Rolling around in emotional anguish, hating yourself and the world? Turning more incel?
The only appropriate response is the same response any man can give in any of their circumstances:
< Now all has been heard;
< here is the conclusion of the matter:
< Fear God and keep his commandments,
< for this is the duty of all mankind.
Seek God. Learn about Him. Study His word. Pray. Be a useful man in your Christian community and later your wider community. No Pastor or parishioner can spurn the friendship of a quiet man who does all this work for others' sake. This isn't about quid pro quo. This is about serving God.
If you're too broken, maybe go see a Christian shrink. Seek their counsel.

I truly hope you can find your way out of this. You do not want to end-up taking my path. There be dragons.

Attached: fear-god.jpg (700x454, 208.91K)

Also, you should read Job and Ecclesiastes repeatedly until they sink in.

Attached: 8746806_orig.jpg (600x800, 224.16K)

Can confirm, Dale Carnegie made a pretty good book.