Wednesday and Firday fasting

What are you actually supposed to eat, if at all. I know its not about the food itself but I just can't really what are you actually permitted to eat

Attached: JGqITks.jpg.png (160x160, 10.55K)

anything without meat, dairy, alcohol or oil are good to go! I do salads, soups, bread, noodles and the like. but if there's a bit of cheese in something don't worry about it. We're not jewish, having a small bit of the good stuff on fasting days isn't the end of the world.

… wut

Just eat vegan on fast days.

I assume you're talking about Eastern Orthodox fasting rules?
Normally the following are forbidden on the strict fast (which is the one done on Wednesday and Friday):
- meat from animals that have a spine (so it includes fish but not mollusks for instance)
- dairy
- olive oil (can be extended to mean all oils)
- wine (can be extended to mean all alcoholic beverages)

Muslims are monotheist too, are you going to drop that doctrine?

Note that this is on top of abstaining from things you are controlled by. Don't stuff yourself on candy and dark chocolate and think you're fasting this way. My priest adds "no sugary food" to the list for instance.

Also, I forgot to add - it is one meal in the day, although eating food in small quantities is tolerated during the day but it must not be the equivalent of a full meal AFAIK.

I thought fasting was just Friday

Eastern traditions fast on Wednesday (commemorating Judas' betrayal of Jesus) and Friday (commemorating Jesus' crucifixion). In Western tradition it eventually became just Friday, and with more lax rules.

I do tortillas with peanut butter, and usually oatmeal in the morning.

You may want to look into a Lenten cookbook, it'll give you ideas if nothing else. There's some awesome Lenten breads out there, I think I made a Serbian Lenten bread over Nativity, it was pretty good. OR, just look up vegan stuff as some other Anons said.

The only limitation is your imagination user. You can create all kinds of stuff without meat/oil/wine/dairy. Spices are a life saver too. Just get smart. Do rice/beans until you're so fed with up rice/beans you force yourself into becoming more creative. Might help.

what do you think people have been drinking for the past 2000 years? not everyone went on water fasts and ketosis

I think that almost all beverage alcohol consumption was not for health reasons

Heh, sure kid

Stop making new commandments

I'm ignorant and thought fasting was just not eating food. Was I wrong? Are there certain foods I can/should eat while fasting? Are there certain times you are/aren't supposed to fast? Are there other things you need to do while fasting besides just not eating? Is it possible to fast all the time?

Didn't Jesus turn water into wine? Why would alcohol in itself be a sin?

Bread, water, grains, seafood(certain ones), vegetables and fruits. If you can't cook with oils, try baking and/or grilling your food.

Forgot to add nuts of any kind.

The Eucharist is bread and WINE
WINE you limp-wristed lot-T soy-chugging FAGGOT

Catholic here oof, never heard of that one.

Yeah, ok, but avoiding alcohol doesn't make a person automatically Muslim.

skip to 3:50 (before which where they're just talkin about raising sheep) for re: ''The Daniel fast'

It's just meat for Catholics, although there's a stigma against drinking alcohol on a fast day as it's kind of contradictory to the point

It's always nice to see Hollywood actors be unafraid Christians.

Attached: disgust.png (355x350, 28.34K)

It was a joke, son. Settle down. He actually drinks very little compared to what he used to back in his Parks and Rec days. That's why he said, "If you know me …"

It's a joke about him being a drinker. Drinkers shouldn't be admired morally. I'm glad he's apart from the hollywood norm otherwise.

I hate to tell you this, friendo, but Pratt is a normalfag.

Wtf is that true?
If they are the natural daughters of Allah, like Christ is the natural son of the real God (which logically makes him God because same substance etc) does that mean moors believe in the Holy Quaternary?

My priest said it was OK to eat a bit of meat on Fridays as long as I made other sacrifices.
Mostly when I eat meat on Fridays it's because its the leftovers from Thursday and I don't want to trash food.
There are even countries where the rules said you can eat meat if you want any Friday (except during Lent of course) as long as you make other sacrifices that day for example in the USA. It depends whether the Holy See has granted a dispensation on that country. Can't find anything about my shithole though.

But I do praise Eastern Catholics and Orthodoxes for their fasts.

Fasting from anything that controls you is a good idea. It could be alcohol, but not necessarily. It could be "video games" or some other media (seems to be a common concern here, telling from threads), but not necessarily. Include whatever this is along with food advice that's mentioned here. :)

Why are threads made about this stuff? Churches (whichever you belong to) are usually pretty clear on practical requirements

Well, it is a better subject to talk about than the aforementioned video game threads I just mentioned :)

Lets just take joy in talking Christian related things. We've already got enough bannings.. how about we get board discussion moving, so the it doesn't all die out?

do you take communion user?

What was Christ's first miracle.

The wedding at Cana, where Jesus first listened to his blessed mother and turned water into wine.

Literally the 2nd Luminous Mystery of the rosary

The wedding of Cana
On the third day there was a wedding in Cana in Galilee, and the mother of Jesus was there. Jesus and his disciples were also invited to the wedding. When the wine ran short, the mother of Jesus said to him, “They have no wine.” [And] Jesus said to her, “Woman, how does your concern affect me? My hour has not yet come.” His mother said to the servers, “Do whatever he tells you.” Now there were six stone water jars there for Jewish ceremonial washings, each holding twenty to thirty gallons. Jesus told them, “Fill the jars with water.” So they filled them to the brim. Then he told them, “Draw some out now and take it to the headwaiter.” So they took it. And when the headwaiter tasted the water that had become wine, without knowing where it came from (although the servers who had drawn the water knew), the headwaiter called the bridegroom and said to him, “Everyone serves good wine first, and then when people have drunk freely, an inferior one; but you have kept the good wine until now.” Jesus did this as the beginning of his signs in Cana in Galilee and so revealed his glory, and his disciples began to believe in him. After this, he and his mother, [his] brothers, and his disciples went down to Capernaum and stayed there only a few days. (Jn 2,1-12)
>Another mystery of light is the first of the signs, given at Cana (cf. Jn 2:1- 12), when Christ changes water into wine and opens the hearts of the disciples to faith, thanks to the intervention of Mary, the first among believers.

Step one: don't eat meat.
Step two: eat no more than one normal meal, two small meals, and zero snacks.
This isn't complicated, user. You already know the rules.

Frankly, if God is too much of a coward to step up and take responsibility for his actions and his followers are more than happy to enable his reckless behaviour under the common argument "muh free will exonerates God", why should I, or anyone, even bother following the impotent retard?

I see now why the kikes laugh at Christianity. It's a joke religion predicated entirely behind 'Heaven on a Stick,' don't mess up or you're going to suffer for eternity! This farce is unnecessary.

I spit on god.

Really just think about it. If your son murdered his brother then of course he should be punished. But wouldn't you contemplate your failures as a father?

God isn't infallible, so why would I follow him?