Love your enemy

What does it mean to love our enemy?
All my enemies are the worst kinds of cheaters and backstabbers. Are we supposed to love Jews our enemy the way we love God?

Thanks in advance for letting me post and replying to my thread everyone

Attached: 978499a6022a841fc333e8b0a078be20.jpg (856x1488, 171.54K)

Other urls found in this thread:

orthodoxchurchquotes.com/2014/09/04/st-nikolai-velimirovich-bless-my-enemies-o-lord/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

We're encouraged to pray for them and to forgive them for their trespasses. Keep in mind that this doesn't discount the evils they do, it's done because God has the means to forgive all sin, ours and theirs.

Attached: Screenshot_20181204-165714_Chrome.jpg (900x1600, 176.23K)

What has that to do with my question?

It means exactly what it says. I fail to see what is ambiguous about Matthew 5:43-48.
Ephesians 6:12
Yes.

The same way we love God? The highest form of love? Not the way you love a good song? Not in the way to recognise sentience in your enemy?

If I ruthlessly ruin your life and your children and their children's are you supposed to love me?

You're not supposed to love anything the way you love God, that would be worshipping a false god. A Christian love is one in which you wish everyone gets to heaven, but we know that unrepentant sinners don't get there so you must pray that they repent and open themselves to the Lord, that they may be accepted into heaven.

Attached: Into the Eyes.png (714x960, 938.49K)

Yes we are. We love you so much that we would get the authorities to bring you in so justice can prevail.

Attached: painting.jpg (625x352, 65.95K)

Of course not, but you're not supposed to love anything the way you love God.
Yes.

ITT: Zig Forums tries to prove Christians are "cucked".

It means to want the best for them, because they are children of God and He created them. This includes:
- praying and trying to convert them so that they may avoid hell
- helping them in their need
- praying for their well-being in this life (unless their hardship can bring them to Christ)

Uh, no? Where did you get that from?

(S)he means that you don’t hate those who do bad to you or treat you poorly. You pray for them to change. In your case, Op, you shouldn’t necessarily trust them or hang around them, but treat them kindly when your paths cross and forgive them for their past sins

If you truly love them you'll kill them so they stop sinning and accumulating punishment in hell :^)

Trips for murder! :^)

Paul was an enemy of Christ, we are supposed to pray that they turn from evil and turn to Christ. To love someone is to will what is good for them. It's not good to wish evil & suffering upon your enemy, even if that's the natural instinct we have.

Of course this is easier said than done, and even God eventually gives up and just burns entire cities to the ground cause everyone is so fugging evil. But vengeance is for the Lord.

Amen to that.

your own enemy is not the same as God's enemy. read your Bible. ps 139

I hope you don't mean this^

It is righteous to hate who and what God hates.

A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace. - Ecclesiastes 3:8

Do not I hate them, O LORD, that hate thee? and am not I grieved with those that rise up against thee? I hate them with perfect hatred: I count them mine enemies. - Psalm 139:21-22

Thou lovest righteousness, and hatest wickedness: therefore God, thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows. - Psalm 45:7

I will refuse to look at anything vile and vulgar. I hate all who deal crookedly; I will have nothing to do with them. - Psalm 101:3

All their wickedness is in Gilgal: for there I hated them: for the wickedness of their doings I will drive them out of mine house, I will love them no more: all their princes are revolters. - Hosea 9:15

Hate the evil, and love the good, and establish judgment in the gate: it may be that the LORD God of hosts will be gracious unto the remnant of Joseph. - Amos 5:15

>>>Zig Forums

Attached: oh-look-its-this-meme-again.jpg (625x416, 67.03K)

We are supposed to feel bad for their misery. They are bad people and even though they harm us, imagine the harm they do to themselves and to their own souls.

But loving your enemy shouldn't stop you from doing your duty. If he threatens you or your loved ones it's okay to protect yourself/your family.

False. Nowhere does it say anywhere that we are supposed to love everyone equally.

if you read your Bible you wouldn't be so unfamiliar with God and his wrath.

Not so much the same way we love God, but in the same way God loves us.

Yes it is a stupid idea, but the Bible tells us how to go to heaven, not how to live in luxury. Doing what Jesus tells us to do is hard.

orthodoxchurchquotes.com/2014/09/04/st-nikolai-velimirovich-bless-my-enemies-o-lord/