Christian chants

Regardless of whether it's Gregorian chants or chants by the Valaam monastery choir or if something obscure, post your favourites!

youtube.com/watch?v=kmj7wLUF-gk&fbclid=IwAR2LtIYgr8wjQ8cgxLv3N-V6yvQyIkNsvTV1U1pXGH4BK0YtdLkzd6zFnN4

youtube.com/watch?v=0_4WWf9MT9s

Attached: monks-chanting.jpg (989x742, 54.61K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WkqZbFQb0O0
youtube.com/watch?v=RZ9AWpExDOc
youtu.be/2JOShBSsql0
youtu.be/KDJtBh3LGJg
youtu.be/-5L1Z-K0O_k
ytmp3.cc/
youtube.com/watch?v=W-hrBhA4XkM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Ormylia Greek Orthodox nuns Hymns of St. Mary Magdalene

I like these "modern" hymns in Arabic. I think it's Coptic although I'm not sure. I know Copts today often use tacky western iconography.

The memorial service is a great Theology lesson.

A standard, but wonderfully composed.

Agni Parthene is wonderful.
There even exists a pretty good English version of it on Youtube:
youtube.com/watch?v=WkqZbFQb0O0

Not meat to be rude, but you should understand the difference between a traditional chant and modern trash.

These are great OP and folks, may someone recommend a full album or collection so I can download it?

Zig Forums is kill

I can give one of the full albums of the Valaam Monastery Choir if you're interested

youtube.com/watch?v=RZ9AWpExDOc

Also all of these videos are on YouTube so just use a YouTube to mp3 converter online friend, at least it's how my collection was made.

These renditions of Old Latin sound great to me. They're deeper pitched than the more popular Gregorian chanting and sound a bit like Orthodox chanting too.
youtu.be/2JOShBSsql0
youtu.be/KDJtBh3LGJg

Here are also some Orthodox ones.
youtu.be/-5L1Z-K0O_k

This is Corsican style chant, it's incredibly unique and emotional. There are two albums of chant in this style that I know of, I highly recommend checking them out:
Ensemble Organum - Chant Corse - Manuscrits Franciscains (XVIIe-XVIIIe Siècles)
E Voce Di U Cumune - Corsica : Chants Polyphoniques

Please brother, I'd be very interested, they are pretty great.
Let me know if you can't then I can get them on my own.

This was the standard before Gregorian chanting became a thing.

I'm afraid I can't my apologies, my upload speed is horrible frankly.

Again, I would simply suggest using YouTube to mp3 for most of these.

ytmp3.cc/

That was so great, it's the first time i listen to Old Latin cant, it's like hearing the Greek chant but in Latin.

I'd rather have these in my church instead of the Gregorian ones to be honest.
Gregorian chants are way too complex to sing along with, the rhythm and notes constantly changing throughout the year.
If I had a euro for every out-of-rhythm sing-along from my church I'd be rich.
These, along with Byzantine chants, are much simpler to sing along with.

Thanks brother, don't need it, maybe if you knew about a recommended torrent or something.
I've actually found something with the music from your OP
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:085d77ddd3abcfeff082d17a7d324832d5753ef7&dn=Vozes%20da%20Tranquilidade%20%28Canto%20Gregoriano%29&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.coppersurfer.tk%3A6969%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.leechers-paradise.org%3A6969%2Fannounce

I'm listening to more stuff, also found about the Valaam monastery you told about, but all songs are in slavic runes, so its hard to figure out.
For anyone else, if you find a good album to share, don't hesitate to do so.

That was the third one I posted actually.

Yes i know i just embed it to make it more clear

Agni Parthene in English

youtube.com/watch?v=W-hrBhA4XkM

This is usually in Russian (and oh so beautiful), but I love this English version I heard recently.